Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: c++ compilation error
Operating Systems Linux c++ compilation error Post 302185952 by era on Wednesday 16th of April 2008 07:03:29 AM
Old 04-16-2008
Sorry for the fuzzy answer before; I meant rename the source file.

Code:
mv dummyCHARGP dummyCHARGP.cpp

Maybe edit the Makefile to reflect this change.

I'm speculating that you have a very simple makefile and expect it to automatically derive the dependencies, but it can only do this correctly if the file name has an extension it recognizes.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Regarding compilation error.

Hi All, I facing the following compilation error; when I implementing the following logic. ostrstream ostr; ostr << (( scAxsm.getRecord( i ).getField( 2 ).getShort())%12)!=0?(( scAxsm.getRecord( i ).getField( 2 ).getShort())/12+1) : (( scAxsm.getRecord( i ).getField( 2 ).getShort())/12) <<... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sweta
1 Replies

2. Programming

compilation error

Hi, While trying compile a C++ file in UNIX with gcc whose make rule involves the usage of /usr/ccs/bin/as, I get the following error: /usr/ccs/bin/as: No such file or directory /usr/ccs/bin/as: error: write error on output file "<filename>.o" *** Error code 1 clearmake: Error: Build... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smanu
2 Replies

3. Programming

Compilation error

I am compiling a software xchm on solaris 10. First i run './configure' There is no error. But when i start compiling using 'gmake' following error shown /usr/local/include/wx-2.6/wx/x11/brush.h: In copy constructor `wxBrush::wxBrush(const wxBrush&)':... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mansoorulhaq
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris : compilation error

Hi All, while building, i am receiving the following error...... Undefined first referenced symbol in file void os_directory::create(const std::string &) obj.release/BOConfig.o (symbol belongs to implicit dependency... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinod_kumar_k
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

compilation error

hello everyone, here i am attempting to compile a c++ submodule.OS is HP-UX. here i am getting the following error. ====================================== "Make: Don't know how to make compile. Stop." =================================== could you pls somebody suggest why this error is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mannam srinivas
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help in resolving Compilation error

state_field state_abvr = { "AL","ALABAMA", "AK","ALASKA", "AZ","ARIZONA", "AR","ARKANSAS", "CA","CALIFORNIA", "CO","COLORADO", "CT","CONNECTICUT", "DE","DELAWARE", "DC","DISTRICT-OF-COLUMBIA", "FL","FLORIDA", "GA","GEORGIA", "HI","HAWAII", "ID","IDAHO", "IL","ILLINOIS",... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagan_kalluri
1 Replies

7. Programming

Compilation error : Please help

state_field state_abvr = { "AL","ALABAMA", "AK","ALASKA", "AZ","ARIZONA", "AR","ARKANSAS", "CA","CALIFORNIA", "CO","COLORADO", "CT","CONNECTICUT", "DE","DELAWARE", "DC","DISTRICT-OF-COLUMBIA", "FL","FLORIDA", "GA","GEORGIA", "HI","HAWAII", "ID","IDAHO", "IL","ILLINOIS",... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagan_kalluri
1 Replies

8. Programming

pro*c compilation error

Hi, Recently our codes have been migrated to new server, whenever we compile any pro*c programs we receive the following errorl. please help >> make -f lib_util.mk all CC= ucbcc 4Compiling lib_util ### command line files and options (expanded): ### -xO3 -DNULL=0 -v -o lib_util.o... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: satvd
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pro*c compilation error

Hi, Recently our codes have been migrated to new server, whenever we compile any pro*c programs we receive the following errorl. please help >> make -f lib_util.mk all CC= ucbcc 4Compiling lib_util ### command line files and options (expanded): ### -xO3 -DNULL=0 -v -o lib_util.o... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satvd
1 Replies

10. Programming

Compilation Error

I am getting the below given errors for the following program though all the variables have been declared and used appropriately. Please Help. The environment is AIX. Error: ------ "gbsizeprofile.c", line 67.4: 1506-275 (S) Unexpected text 'void' encountered. "gbsizeprofile.c", line 67.10:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yschd
2 Replies
md(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						     md(1)

NAME
md -- process raw dependency files produced by cpp -MD SYNOPSIS
md [-d] [-f] [-m makefile] [-u makefile] [-o outputfile] [-v] [-x] [-D c|d|m|o|t|D] DESCRIPTION
The md command basically does two things: Process the raw dependency files produced by the cpp -MD option. There is one line in the file for every #include encountered, but there are repeats and patterns like .../dir1/../dir2 that appear which should reduce to .../dir2. md canonicalizes and flushes repeats from the depen- dency list. It also sorts the file names and "fills" them to a 78 character line. md also updates the makefile directly with the dependency information, so the .d file can be thrown away (see d option). This is done to save space. md assumes that dependency information in the makefile is sorted by .o file name and it procedes to merge in (add/or replace [as appropriate]) the new dependency lines that it has generated. For time effeciency, md assumes that any .d files it is given that were cre- ated before the creation date of the "makefile" were processed already. It ignores them unless the force flag [f] is given. FLAG SUMMARY
-d delete the .d file after it is processed -f force an update of the dependencies in the makefile even though the makefile is more recent than the .n file (This implies that md has been run already.) -m makefile specify the makefile to be upgraded. The defaults are makefile and then Makefile -u makefile like -m above, but the file will be created if necessary -o outputfile specify an output file for the dependencies other than a makefile -v set the verbose flag -x expunge old dependency info from makefile -D c|d|m|o|t|D subswitch for debugging. can be followed by any of "c", "d", "m", "o", "t", "D" meaning: c show file contents d show new dependency crunching m show generation of makefile o show files being opened t show time comparisons D show very low level debugging SEE ALSO
make(1) BUGS
Old, possibly not used by anyone. HISTORY
The md utility was written by Robert V Baron at Carnegie-Mellon University. BSD
June 2, 2019 BSD