Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem in loading library
Operating Systems Linux Problem in loading library Post 302185935 by mansoorulhaq on Wednesday 16th of April 2008 06:09:14 AM
Old 04-16-2008
Problem in loading library

I am trying to run seagull tool. But when i start it following error shown

|E|Unable to open library file [libtrans_ip.so] error [/usr/local/bin/libtrans_ip.so: cannot restore segment prot after reloc: Permission denied]
|A|STOP log

Please help me how i can recover from it.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

loading a dynamic library in linux

is there a way to load a dynamic library in linux? I know tht in AIX u can do it using the loadAndInit() function. Please guide me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacques83
2 Replies

2. Programming

Error while loading libstlport_gcc.so library

I am getting error while processing the below line : "DEPENDENCIES=$OMNIWORKS_PATH/tradewind/build/build_dg_c $(SET) "*.pcc" $(SET).pcctmp1 ".cc" h" ... --------------------------------------------- ! ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ! Build rule... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
0 Replies

3. Programming

gdb - loading symbols of shared library

I am debugging in gdb a program that dynamically loads libodbcinst.so. I want to debug the code from libodbcinst - I can break in it, see the source and step through it, but whenever I try printing a variable, I get (e.g. for the variable ret): No symbol "ret" in current context. In my program... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rimon
0 Replies

4. Programming

Loading mysql library error..

I am making cpp application with mysql databases. I m able to compile my application, but when i m executing the program, i m getting the loading errror as - error while loading shared libraries: libmysqlclient.so.15: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory can any one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ps_sach
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

RHEL5 reboot - error loading shared library

Hi All, I have RHEL 5 installed in my system. Something must has happened because when i reboot the server, it came with many error.. /usr/bin/rhgb-client -- error while loading shared libraries: libpopt.so.0. Can't open shared object files. No such file/directory It finnaly ends with the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: c00kie88
0 Replies

6. Programming

Loading the shared library I want

Hi All I have been given by someone else header file and a shared library to be used by my C++ application. Compilation is fine but when I try to executes the application I receive the following error. ./first: error while loading shared libraries: libMyLib.so.9: cannot open shared object file:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manustone
2 Replies

7. AIX

Loading a shared library in AIX

Hi, I have an application running on AIX. The app is deployed on Webspshere server. Due to some reason, i have to make use of a third party library (Sigar API's) from my application. This library requires an .so file as well. Is there any location where i can put this *.so file and it will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: user_guest
1 Replies
shells(4)							   File Formats 							 shells(4)

NAME
shells - shell database SYNOPSIS
/etc/shells DESCRIPTION
The shells file contains a list of the shells on the system. Applications use this file to determine whether a shell is valid. See getuser- shell(3C). For each shell a single line should be present, consisting of the shell's path, relative to root. A hash mark (#) indicates the beginning of a comment; subsequent characters up to the end of the line are not interpreted by the routines which search the file. Blank lines are also ignored. The following default shells are used by utilities: /bin/bash, /bin/csh, /bin/jsh, /bin/ksh, /bin/ksh93, /bin/pfcsh, /bin/pfksh, /bin/pfsh, /bin/sh, /bin/tcsh, /bin/zsh, /sbin/jsh, /sbin/sh, /usr/bin/bash, /usr/bin/csh, /usr/bin/jsh, /usr/bin/ksh, /usr/bin/ksh93, /usr/bin/pfcsh, /usr/bin/pfksh, /usr/bin/pfsh, and /usr/bin/sh, /usr/bin/tcsh, /usr/bin/zsh, and /usr/sfw/bin/zsh. /etc/shells overrides the default list. Invalid shells in /etc/shells could cause unexpected behavior, such as being unable to log in by way of ftp(1). FILES
/etc/shells list of shells on system SEE ALSO
vipw(1B), ftpd(1M), sendmail(1M), getusershell(3C), aliases(4) SunOS 5.11 20 Nov 2007 shells(4)