Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting DBD::ODBC::st fetchrow_hashref failed: [unixODBC][Oracle][ODBC]Numeric value out of r Post 302185885 by era on Wednesday 16th of April 2008 04:22:25 AM
Old 04-16-2008
Can you use the BigInt Perl module?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Oracle Odbc

Hello all, i like to install an application program that will interact with the oracle database. oracle has been installed in /export/home/oracle does the new application has to be in the same directory and if not which one do you recommend? There is a drive like the ODBC in oracle to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsh
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Aix 5.3 L Odbc

Dose anybody knows about Installation and setup of ODBC under AIX 5.3 L (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: uhdesai
0 Replies

3. Solaris

How to check Oracle odbc connectivity in solaris ?

Hi, I have my application and database servers running on solaris. I need to check Db connectivity for a datasource in my Db server. Please guide me how to do it in solaris env. Aru (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aarora_98
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ODBC Version

how to find the version of ODBC and the database drivers in Unix box :eek: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghunath_mv
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ODBC on UNIX

I see several questions regarding setting up ODBC on UNIX machines but I don't see any replies. I always thought ODBC was only possible on Windows machines, but I've recently heard drivers do exist for ODBC on UNIX. Does anyone know any more details about this: How to set up ODBC on UNIX, web sites... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ggmar
1 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Oracle 9i ODBC connection

I am attempting to access an Oracle 9i database located on a Solaris server from an XP client. The server is running Oracle 9i9.2.0.1.0 and the XP is Oracle client 9i 9.2.0.1.0. When I start a listener on the server, the listener starts but I receive a message “The listener supports no services”. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkuchar747
3 Replies

7. AIX

ODBC on AIX

I´m using an app that uses odbc to connect to the data base, i thought odbc was only available for NT plataforms...anybody knows how to create an odbc connection on AIX 5.1 (if possible). Thanks a lot (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: paulcarbajal
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to Oracle by using ODBC on UNIX

Hi All, I have a requirement where I need to connect to Oracle database which is installed on WINDOWS machine. I dont have Oracle client installed on my AIX so i can't use SQLPLUS command. But ODBC to connect to Oracle is configured on my UNIX server. Can any one help me with the steps of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Raamc
1 Replies

9. Solaris

odbc libraries

Hi, this is my first experience with Solaris. For work, I must configured an applicacion (oracle EPM, this include Datadirect odbc drivers) in solaris. Additionally, we must connect to Sybase IQ Database (I installed odbc drivers to do this). The problem is, I can't get those two odbc... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dmedinacl
1 Replies
Compat(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       Compat(3pm)

NAME
DBIx::Compat - Perl extension for Compatibility Infos about DBD Drivers SYNOPSIS
use DBIx::Compat; my $HaveTypes = DBIx::Compat::GetItem ($drv, 'HaveTypes') ; DESCRIPTION
DBIx::Compat contains a hash which gives information about DBD drivers, to allow to write driver independent programs. Currently there are the following attributes defined: ListFields A function which will return information about all fields of an table. Needs an database handle and a tablename as argument. Must at least return the fieldnames and the fieldtypes. Example: $ListFields = $DBIx::Compat::Compat{$Driver}{ListFields} ; $sth = &{$ListFields}($DBHandle, $Table) or die "Cannot list fields" ; @{ $sth -> {NAME} } ; # array of fieldnames @{ $sth -> {TYPE} } ; # array of filedtypes $sth -> finish ; ListTables A function which will return an array of all tables of the datasource. Defaults to $dbh -> "tables". NumericTypes Hash which contains one entry for all datatypes that are numeric. SupportJoin Set to true if the DBMS supports joins (select with multiple tables) SupportSQLJoin Set to 1 if the DBMS supports INNER/LEFT/RIGHT JOIN Syntax in SQL select. Set to 2 if DBMS needs a *= b syntax for inner join (MS-SQL, Sybase). Set to 3 if DBMS needs a = b (+) syntax for inner join (Oracle syntax). SQLJoinOnly2Tabs Set to true if DBMS can only support two tables in inner joins. HaveTypes Set to true if DBMS supports datatypes (most DBMS will do) NeedNullInCreate Set to 'NULL' if DBMS requires the NULL keyword when creating tables where fields should contains nulls. EmptyIsNull Set to true if an empty string ('') and NULL is the same for the DBMS. LimitOffset An function which will be used to create a SQL text for limiting the number of fetched rows and selecting the starting row in selects. Keys that aren't needed anymore Placeholders Gives information if and how placeholders are supported: 0 = Not supported 1 = Supported, but not fully, unknown how much 2 = Supported, but perl type must be the same as type in db 3 = Supported, but can not give a string when a numeric type is in the db 10 = Supported under all circumstances QuoteTypes Gives information which datatypes must be quoted when passed literal (not via a placeholder). Contains a hash with all type number which need to be quoted. $DBIx::Compat::Compat{$Driver}{QuoteTypes}{$Type} will be true when the type in $Type for the driver $Driver must be quoted. Supported Drivers Currently there are entry for DBD::mSQL DBD::mysql DBD::Pg DBD::Solid DBD::ODBC DBD::CSV DBD::Oracle DBD::Sysbase DBD::Informix if you detect an error in the definition or add an definition for a new DBD driver, please mail it to the author. AUTHOR
G.Richter <richter*dev.ecos.de> SEE ALSO
perl(1), DBI(3), DBIx::Recordset(3) perl v5.10.1 2010-03-05 Compat(3pm)