Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: c++ compilation error
Operating Systems Linux c++ compilation error Post 302185835 by era on Wednesday 16th of April 2008 03:00:02 AM
Old 04-16-2008
Looks like your Makefile doesn't say which file to compile.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Regarding compilation error.

Hi All, I facing the following compilation error; when I implementing the following logic. ostrstream ostr; ostr << (( scAxsm.getRecord( i ).getField( 2 ).getShort())%12)!=0?(( scAxsm.getRecord( i ).getField( 2 ).getShort())/12+1) : (( scAxsm.getRecord( i ).getField( 2 ).getShort())/12) <<... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sweta
1 Replies

2. Programming

compilation error

Hi, While trying compile a C++ file in UNIX with gcc whose make rule involves the usage of /usr/ccs/bin/as, I get the following error: /usr/ccs/bin/as: No such file or directory /usr/ccs/bin/as: error: write error on output file "<filename>.o" *** Error code 1 clearmake: Error: Build... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smanu
2 Replies

3. Programming

Compilation error

I am compiling a software xchm on solaris 10. First i run './configure' There is no error. But when i start compiling using 'gmake' following error shown /usr/local/include/wx-2.6/wx/x11/brush.h: In copy constructor `wxBrush::wxBrush(const wxBrush&)':... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mansoorulhaq
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris : compilation error

Hi All, while building, i am receiving the following error...... Undefined first referenced symbol in file void os_directory::create(const std::string &) obj.release/BOConfig.o (symbol belongs to implicit dependency... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinod_kumar_k
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

compilation error

hello everyone, here i am attempting to compile a c++ submodule.OS is HP-UX. here i am getting the following error. ====================================== "Make: Don't know how to make compile. Stop." =================================== could you pls somebody suggest why this error is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mannam srinivas
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help in resolving Compilation error

state_field state_abvr = { "AL","ALABAMA", "AK","ALASKA", "AZ","ARIZONA", "AR","ARKANSAS", "CA","CALIFORNIA", "CO","COLORADO", "CT","CONNECTICUT", "DE","DELAWARE", "DC","DISTRICT-OF-COLUMBIA", "FL","FLORIDA", "GA","GEORGIA", "HI","HAWAII", "ID","IDAHO", "IL","ILLINOIS",... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagan_kalluri
1 Replies

7. Programming

Compilation error : Please help

state_field state_abvr = { "AL","ALABAMA", "AK","ALASKA", "AZ","ARIZONA", "AR","ARKANSAS", "CA","CALIFORNIA", "CO","COLORADO", "CT","CONNECTICUT", "DE","DELAWARE", "DC","DISTRICT-OF-COLUMBIA", "FL","FLORIDA", "GA","GEORGIA", "HI","HAWAII", "ID","IDAHO", "IL","ILLINOIS",... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagan_kalluri
1 Replies

8. Programming

pro*c compilation error

Hi, Recently our codes have been migrated to new server, whenever we compile any pro*c programs we receive the following errorl. please help >> make -f lib_util.mk all CC= ucbcc 4Compiling lib_util ### command line files and options (expanded): ### -xO3 -DNULL=0 -v -o lib_util.o... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: satvd
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pro*c compilation error

Hi, Recently our codes have been migrated to new server, whenever we compile any pro*c programs we receive the following errorl. please help >> make -f lib_util.mk all CC= ucbcc 4Compiling lib_util ### command line files and options (expanded): ### -xO3 -DNULL=0 -v -o lib_util.o... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satvd
1 Replies

10. Programming

Compilation Error

I am getting the below given errors for the following program though all the variables have been declared and used appropriately. Please Help. The environment is AIX. Error: ------ "gbsizeprofile.c", line 67.4: 1506-275 (S) Unexpected text 'void' encountered. "gbsizeprofile.c", line 67.10:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yschd
2 Replies
CREATE_MAKEFILE 						  [FIXME: manual]						   CREATE_MAKEFILE

NAME
create_makefile - Creates Makefile.in and Makefile from a Makefile.am SYNOPSIS
create_makefile [relativepath/Makefile] [relativepath] DESCRIPTION
create_makefile creates the Makefile.in and Makefile in a subdirectory containing a Makefile.am. This script saves time compared to re-running configure completely Note that you must supply the path to the desired MakefileMakefile.am (though the final /Makefile may be omitted). This script may be run from the toplevel directory (the one containing configure) or from one of it's subdirectories. If the source directory is different from the build directory (see the environment variables below), it will be assumed that the Makefile.am and Makefile.in belong beneath the source directory and that the Makefile belongs beneath the build directory. This utility is part of the KDE Software Development Kit. ENVIRONMENT
One of the following variables (but not both) should be set if the source directory is different from the build directory. If the build directory is simply a subdirectory of the source directory, the simpler variable OBJ_SUBDIR should be used. OBJ_SUBJDIR Indicates that the build directory is in the given subdirectory of the source directory. For instance, if the source directory is kdesdk and the build directory is kdesdk/obj-i386-linux, then OBJ_SUBDIR should be set to obj-i386-linux. OBJ_REPLACEMENT A sed expression that is used to transform the source directory into the build directory. For instance, if the source directory is ~/src/kdesdk and the build directory is ~/src/kdesdk-obj, then OBJ_REPLACEMENT should be set to s#kdesdk#kdesdk-obj#. SEE ALSO
create_makefiles(1) AUTHORS
create_makefile was written by David Faure<faure@kde.org> and others. This manual page was prepared by Ben Burton<bab@debian.org> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). [FIXME: source] March 8, 2003 CREATE_MAKEFILE