Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting print pattern line +2 without tabs or brackets Post 302185783 by Ygor on Wednesday 16th of April 2008 12:11:11 AM
Old 04-16-2008
Try...
Code:
requiredVersion=$(awk -F '[)(]' "/$pkgMismatched/"'{getline;getline;print $2}' zoneAttachOutfile)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

match a pattern and print the line once

Hi, I have a xml file <cisco:name> <cisco:mdNm>Cisco Device 7500 A Series</cisco:mdNm> <cisco:meNm>10.1.100.19</cisco:meNm> <cisco:ehNm>/shelf=1</cisco:ehNm> <cisco:subname> <cisco:meNm>10.1.100.19</cisco:meNm> <cisco:sptp>Cisco PortA Series</cisco:sptp> ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagirathi
11 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

MATCH A PATTERN AND PRINT A LINE ABOVE AND BELOW

Dear All, Hv a very specific requirement. I have a very large text file and in which I have to match a pattern and insert a line above and below. Eg: My file cat test date1 date2 date3 date4 I need to match 'date3' and insert "Reminder1" above date3 and insert 'reminder2'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gokulj
4 Replies

3. Programming

Print specific pattern line in c++

Input file: @HWI-BRUNOP1_header_1 GACCAATAAGTGATGATTGAATCGCGAGTGCTCGGCAGATTGCGATAAAC +HWI-BRUNOP1_header_1 TNTTJTTTETceJSP__VRJea`_NfcefbWe Desired output file: >HWI-BRUNOP1_header_1 GACCAATAAGTGATGATTGAATCGCGAGTGCTCGGCAGATTGCGATAAAC >HWI-BRUNOP1_header_2... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpp_beginner
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print Line if next line Match a pattern

Hi All, Does anyone know how to print 1H1A....... in peal script print line ^1H1A....... if next line equal 5R0RECEIPT.... Thank for help:D Cat st.txt 1H1A-IN-11-5410-0009420|1010047766|dsds|1|N|IN|IN|000000|1||N|<<<line match 5R0RECEIPT| 5R0RECEIPT|... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kittiwas
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to compare pattern and print a different pattern in each line

Hi, I am writing a shell script to parse some files, and gather data. The data in the files is displayed as below. .......xyz: abz: ......qrt: .... .......xyz: abz: ......qrt: ... I have tried using awk and cut, but the position of these values keep changing, so I wasn't able to get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Serena
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print only next pattern in a line after a pattern match

I have 2013-06-11 23:55:14 1Umexd-0004cm-IG <= user@domain.com I need sed/awk operation on this, so that it should print the very next pattern only after the the pattern mach <= ie only print user@domain.com (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match Pattern and print pattern and multiple lines into one line

Hello Experts , require help . See below output: File inputs ------------------------------------------ Server Host = mike id rl images allocated last updated density vimages expiration last read <------- STATUS ------->... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tigerhills
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

To print from the first line until pattern is matched

Hi I want to print the line until pattern is matched. I am using below code: sed -n '1,/pattern / p' file It is working fine for me , but its not working for exact match. sed -n '1,/^LAC$/ p' file Input: LACC FEGHRA 0 LACC FACAF 0 LACC DARA 0 LACC TALAC 0 LAC ILACTC 0... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhisrajput
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print previous line of multiple pattern matched line?

Hello, I have below format log file, Comparing csv_converted_files/2201/9747.1012H67126.5077292103609547345.csv and csv_converted_files/22019/97447.1012H67126.5077292103609547345.csv Comparing csv_converted_files/2559/9447.1012H67126.5077292103609547345.csv and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindshukla81
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Reading a file line by line and print required lines based on pattern

Hi All, i want to write a shell script read below file line by line and want to exclude the lines which contains empty value for MOUNTPOINT field. i am using centos 7 Operating system. want to read below file. # cat /tmp/d5 NAME="/dev/sda" TYPE="disk" SIZE="60G" OWNER="root"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: balu1234
4 Replies
GETDELIM(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 					       GETDELIM(3)

NAME
getdelim, getline -- read a delimited record from a stream LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <stdio.h> ssize_t getdelim(char ** restrict lineptr, size_t * restrict n, int delimiter, FILE * restrict stream); ssize_t getline(char ** restrict lineptr, size_t * restrict n, FILE * restrict stream); DESCRIPTION
The getdelim() function reads from the stream until it encounters a character matching delimiter, storing the input in *lineptr. The buffer is NUL-terminated and includes the delimiter. The delimiter character must be representable as an unsigned char. If *n is non-zero, then *lineptr must be pre-allocated to at least *n bytes. The buffer should be allocated dynamically; it must be possible to free(3) *lineptr. getdelim() ensures that *lineptr is large enough to hold the input, updating *n to reflect the new size. The getline() function is equivalent to getdelim() with delimiter set to the newline character. RETURN VALUES
The getdelim() and getline() functions return the number of characters read, including the delimiter. If no characters were read and the stream is at end-of-file, the functions return -1. If an error occurs, the functions return -1 and the global variable errno is set to indi- cate the error. The functions do not distinguish between end-of-file and error, and callers must use feof(3) and ferror(3) to determine which occurred. EXAMPLES
The following code fragment reads lines from a file and writes them to standard output. char *line = NULL; size_t linesize = 0; ssize_t linelen; while ((linelen = getline(&line, &linesize, fp)) != -1) fwrite(line, linelen, 1, stdout); if (ferror(fp)) perror("getline"); ERRORS
[EINVAL] lineptr or n is a NULL pointer. [EOVERFLOW] More than SSIZE_MAX characters were read without encountering the delimiter. The getdelim() and getline() functions may also fail and set errno for any of the errors specified in the routines fflush(3), malloc(3), read(2), stat(2), or realloc(3). SEE ALSO
ferror(3), fgets(3), fopen(3) STANDARDS
The getdelim() and getline() functions conform to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008 (``POSIX.1''). BSD
June 30, 2010 BSD