Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Install SCO Openserver 6.0.0 on an IBM x3500 7977E6U Post 302185717 by uxlunatick on Tuesday 15th of April 2008 04:12:43 PM
Old 04-15-2008
I must post another reply. I just got field support on a new IBM x3400 that is to be used with SCO. Once completed, the field service agent showed be an email which tells the agent that as of January 2008, IBM officially no longer will support their servers with SCO.

We are on our own for SCO!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sco openserver 5.5

hello! when i try to make my system dual boot with both win98 & sco open server 5.5 it doesn't work at all.neither win98 take start nor sco open server boots.what should i do ? kindly help me thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: buntty
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

SCO openserver 5 install problem

Hello all, I'm trying to install SCO openserver 5 on a 2.5 Gig hard drive, and I tried fdisk and a low-level format of the drive. When I insert the boot diskette all seems fine, and it asks me to set the cd-rom and it sees it and reads from it. Well, I'm thinking all is well until right after I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: immulett
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to install and configure Apache on SCO openserver 5

I have just been made responsible for setting up Apache on our office SCO box. I have searched the internet, but haven't found any details that I can make sense of. I'm unfamiliar with Unix and would appreciate any help members of the forum have to offer. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cstovall
1 Replies

4. SCO

sco openserver 5.0.7

Dear members when i installed dual processor patch in openserver 5.0.7 in hp ML370 G4 server it hangs in sco at G_hd_config. i tried MP4, EFS 5.64,5.70A but not solved the problem.. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: M_farooqui
0 Replies

5. SCO

Problem with installing SCO openserver 5.0.5 on IBM Lenovo R61

Hi I m trying to install SCo 5.0.5 on my laptop but it fails, I was able to install it on another computer and it did work, but with this IBM LENOVO R61 Laptop, it is giving me the message Memory error loading kernel, I searched the net concerning this issue and found that i have to write this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bashar_smeirat
1 Replies

6. SCO

Install SCO Openserver 5.0.7 as a trial

hi Howto install SCO Openserver 5.0.7 as a trial or howto get a trial license number? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
0 Replies

7. SCO

Install NIC on SCO openserver 5.0.2

Hi I am trying to install NIC FastNic 10/100 PCI Ethernet driver into PCI# 3 of the GA-SIML Rev 1.0 Motherboard on 1GB Hard-disk driveI have following the instruction on the CD-Disk and when I added NIC by netconfig and I do not know what is the following question: PCI BUS# DEVICE#... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TinhNhi
3 Replies

8. SCO

Need help to install sco openserver 5

Hi, Im installing sco openserver 5 (OpenServer-5.0.7Hw-10Jun05_1800.iso) on a vmware server 1.0.4. Installation is ok but on when x server is loading i just can login, mouse does not move and most of keyboard cases do not respond. I choose usb mouse + french keyboard while installating, should i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sup69
1 Replies

9. SCO

install iperf on SCO OpenServer 5.0.7

hi Howto install iperf on SCO OpenServer 5.0.7? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
0 Replies
BOS_INSTALL(8)						       AFS Command Reference						    BOS_INSTALL(8)

NAME
bos_install - Installs a new version of a binary file SYNOPSIS
bos install -server <machine name> -file <files to install>+ [-dir <destination dir>] [-cell <cell name>] [-noauth] [-localauth] [-help] bos i -s <machine name> -f <files to install>+ [-d <destination dir>] [-c <cell name>] [-n] [-l] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The bos install command copies each binary file specified with the -file argument to the local disk of the server machine named by the -server argument, which is normally the binary distribution machine for its CPU/operating system type. The destination directory is /usr/lib/openafs unless the -dir argument indicates an alternate directory. The source file's UNIX mode bits are preserved in the transfer. If there is already a file of the same name in the destination directory, the BOS Server automatically saves it by adding a ".BAK" extension. If there is a current ".BAK" version at least seven days old, it replaces the current ".OLD" version. If there is no current ".OLD" version, the current ".BAK" version becomes the ".OLD" version automatically. The bos getdate command displays the timestamps on the current versions of the file. To start using the new binary immediately, issue the bos restart command. Otherwise, the BOS Server automatically restarts the process at the time defined in the /etc/openafs/BosConfig file; use the bos getrestart command to display the time and the bos setrestart time to set it. OPTIONS
-server <machine name> Indicates the binary distribution machine on which to install the new binaries. Identify the machine by IP address or its host name (either fully-qualified or abbreviated unambiguously). For details, see bos(8). If the machine is not a binary distribution machine and is running an "upclientbin" process, then the files are overwritten the next time the "upclientbin" process fetches the corresponding file from the distribution machine (by default within five minutes). -file <files to install>+ Specifies the complete pathname of each binary file to copy into the destination directory. Each source directory can be on the local disk or in AFS, in which case the issuer of the bos install command must have the necessary AFS access rights and the local machine must run the Cache Manager. For the BOS Server to create ".BAK" and ".OLD" versions, the last element in the pathname (the filename) must match the name of a file in the destination directory. bos_create(8) lists the standard binary file names. -dir <destination dir> Provides the complete pathname of the local disk directory in which to install binary files. It is necessary only if the destination directory is not /usr/lib/openafs. -cell <cell name> Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argument with the -localauth flag. For more details, see bos(8). -noauth Assigns the unprivileged identity "anonymous" to the issuer. Do not combine this flag with the -localauth flag. For more details, see bos(8). -localauth Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. The bos command interpreter presents the ticket to the BOS Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine this flag with the -cell or -noauth options. For more details, see bos(8). -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. EXAMPLES
The following command copies the file /afs/abc.com/rs_aix42/usr/lib/openafs/vlserver to the file /usr/lib/openafs/vlserver on the machine "fs3.abc.com", which is the binary distribution machine for server machines running AIX 4.2 in the "abc.com" cell. The current version of the /usr/lib/openafs/vlserver file is moved to /usr/lib/openafs/vlserver.BAK. % bos install -server fs3.abc.com -file /afs/abc.com/rs_aix42/usr/lib/openafs/vlserver PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must be listed in the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file on the machine named by the -server argument, or must be logged onto a server machine as the local superuser "root" if the -localauth flag is included. The bos install command cannot be run against servers which are in restricted mode. SEE ALSO
BosConfig(5), KeyFile(5), UserList(5), bos(8), bos_getdate(8), bos_getrestart(8), bos_restart(8), bos_setrestart(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BOS_INSTALL(8)