Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Using GDB to analyse different CORE dumps Post 302185599 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 15th of April 2008 11:26:04 AM
Old 04-15-2008
Define what you mean by different targets. Different architectures?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

reading core dumps

Does anyone know how to read core dumps. Is gdb the only tool for it ? The OS is Solaris. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suntan
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Generating core dumps

I have the following set up on a Sun server running solaris 5.8 for core dump generation coreadm global core file pattern: /var/core init core file pattern: /var/core global core dumps: enabled per-process core dumps: enabled global setid core dumps:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: handak9
4 Replies

3. Programming

strcmp core dumps

hi everyone, Right now when I do: strcmp(s1, s2); i get a core dump because at times s1 or s2 can be nothing so that makes strcmp() core dump. What is the solution, if at times I expect one of them (or both) to be NULL? I want to be able to compare that s1 is NULL and s2 is "blah" or... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: annie
6 Replies

4. Programming

AIX core dumps

My program is not dumping core when hitting a segmentation violation inside a thread. However, it dumps core when the segv occurs within main. Any ideas on how to diagnose this? AIX 5.3 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bean66
4 Replies

5. Solaris

core dumps

i had a situation where a process was defunct. preap would not reap the process and gcore would not work properly (not sure why). therefore, the suggestion was to force a panic and collect the core dump. obviously you could do a savecore -L and capture the dump without bringing down the system.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pupp
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

generating core dumps

Hi I have a Fedora installed and I try to generate my application's core dump file. My system has no coredump limit: $ ulimit core file size (blocks, -c) unlimited But when my application crashes no core dumps generated. I can generate dump file using gcore but it is not appropraite... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xyzt
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

analyse core file using pmap and pstack

Dear All, I am new to this forum. This is my first. I am facing customer issue. Customer has got core file while running the server. He had sent core file and details from pstack, pmap and pldd commands. I have to debug this application, please help me to fix this issue. I am using sparc... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KiranBangalore
1 Replies

8. Solaris

analyse core file using pmap and pstack

Dear All, I am new to this forum. This is my first. I am facing customer issue. Customer has got core file while running the server. He had sent core file and details from pstack, pmap and pldd commands. I have to debug this application, please help me to fix this issue. I am using sparc 10... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KiranBangalore
4 Replies

9. Linux

unable to read core dumps on unix. Is there another way than using GDB?

hi all, I am having set of core dumps obtained from client server. Now i am trying to read them but unable to do so. I have few queries: 1. Core dumps were generated on some xyz server and copied to my unix virtual. Can I read them as text here? 2. I tried installing gdb-7.3 but when i fire... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: suyogs
0 Replies

10. HP-UX

Generate core dumps

kill -SEGV <pid> gives me the core file for that process but also terminates the process. Can I not get the core dump without terminating the process ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies
GDBINIT(5)						       GNU Development Tools							GDBINIT(5)

NAME
gdbinit - GDB initialization scripts SYNOPSIS
/etc/gdbinit ~/.gdbinit ./.gdbinit DESCRIPTION
These files contain GDB commands to automatically execute during GDB startup. The lines of contents are canned sequences of commands, described in the GDB manual in node "Sequences" -- shell command "info -f gdb -n Sequences". Please read more in the GDB manual in node "Startup" -- shell command "info -f gdb -n Startup". /etc/gdbinit System-wide initialization file. It is executed unless user specified GDB option "-nx" or "-n". See more in the GDB manual in node "System-wide configuration" -- shell command "info -f gdb -n 'System-wide configuration'". ~/.gdbinit User initialization file. It is executed unless user specified GDB options "-nx", "-n" or "-nh". ./.gdbinit Initialization file for current directory. It may need to be enabled with GDB security command "set auto-load local-gdbinit". See more in the GDB manual in node "Init File in the Current Directory" -- shell command "info -f gdb -n 'Init File in the Current Directory'". OPTIONS
SEE ALSO
gdb(1), "info -f gdb -n Startup" The full documentation for GDB is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the "info" and "gdb" programs and GDB's Texinfo documentation are properly installed at your site, the command info gdb should give you access to the complete manual. Using GDB: A Guide to the GNU Source-Level Debugger, Richard M. Stallman and Roland H. Pesch, July 1991. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1988-2013 Free Software Foundation, Inc. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with the Invariant Sections being "Free Software" and "Free Software Needs Free Documentation", with the Front-Cover Texts being "A GNU Manual," and with the Back-Cover Texts as in (a) below. (a) The FSF's Back-Cover Text is: "You are free to copy and modify this GNU Manual. Buying copies from GNU Press supports the FSF in developing GNU and promoting software freedom." gdb-Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.6.1-51.el7 2014-06-10 GDBINIT(5)