Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Terminal too wide
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Terminal too wide Post 302185263 by RishiPahuja on Monday 14th of April 2008 02:02:38 PM
Old 04-14-2008
any workaround?

IS there no Patch/fix/workaround.?...If I have to look at file with large contents....i feel miserable with small window browing left & right.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FIND function - system wide

Hi, I have a task to search for a file called 'Xstartup' in the whole system because there might be different versions of it which overrite eachother. Can anyone suggest a smart command to run this search ? The machine needs to scan every single folder beginning from root. Please help, I am... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DGoubine
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

system wide password change

Hello, I am new to shell scripting and I was trying to write a script that would force a system wide password change except for admins. I am having some trouble and any help that someone could give me would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to do it by using the UID as the marker for anyone... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kilemark
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

city wide connection

what would be the best way to phyisically connect a series of computerised bus stops to a central computer in a city-wide network?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spitfireuk1
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Terminal too wide error in vi editor.

Hello, I get the error "Terminal too wide" when I use vi editor on a Solaris 10 box. Please help. bash-2.05$ vi rman_backup_prd571.log_20090611 Terminal too wide :q 1 more file to edit:q Regards, Mahive. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahive
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

remote hosts and wide output?

Hello forum: I am curious about some output that I get using an alias <command> on a remote host and I wondered if someone could point me in the right direction. Symptoms: Using "ssh -qi /path/to/key root@som.ipa.ddr.ess mail" (or variation of via alias) only gives a partial textual... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Habitual
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

When trying to open file Message:-Terminal too wide?

Hi, I am trying to open small size file only in vi editor on solaris or Linux machine but it giving message "Terminal too wide" and then I have to come out. As shown below:- -rwxr-x--- 1 rkycadm rkycprd 2445 Sep 12 04:06 $ vi file.txt Terminal too wide :q! ----------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Long to wide format

hi, can you please help me convert my data i have paired comparisons (col 3) in long format for 750 variables (col 1 and 2), i need to convert into wide format. the diagonal must be 0s, and the order doesnt matter. My file is unsorted. example input A B 34 A 88 45 A A23 43 A23 B 4.5... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jianp83
1 Replies

8. AIX

World Wide Name (FLEX)

Does anyone know how to find the Worl Wide Name (WWN) on a IBM flex system ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tharsan
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

System-wide search

When looking for wherever a program or a filename appears in the system, a short scrip is "findinner" which another script calls with a long parameter list consisting of path names ending with ".sh" or ".menu". "findinner" looks like this: # If not .savenn file, show name and result of grep. #... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbport
4 Replies
9V(9.1) 																   9V(9.1)

NAME
9v, save, flip - copy picture files to and from screen SYNOPSIS
fb/9v [ -mMq ] [ -w x0 y0 x1 y1 ] [ -c cenx ceny ] [ input ] fb/save fb/flip [ -r fps ] [ -p ] p1 p2 ... DESCRIPTION
9v displays its argument picture file (default standard input) in a new window in the middle of an 81/2 screen. In addition to the native picfile(9.6) format, it tries to read images of many foreign encodings. (It guesses which encoding based on the file's name, recognizing suffixes .gif, .jpg, .jpeg, .ega, .face, .pcx, .sgi, .tga, .tif, .tiff, .rle, and .xbm. For a program that guesses based on the file's contents, see cvt2pic(9.1).) On an 8-bit display, it loads an 8-bit image's color map if it contains one. Otherwise (if the display is fewer than 8 bits per pixel, or the image is not 8-bit color-mapped) it computes the image's luminance, dithered appropriately for the available grey shades. In the 9v window button 1 displays pixel coordinates and values at the top of the window and button 3 pops up a menu. The fix cmap menu item reloads the color map, in the event that some other program has stepped on it. The exit button exits after confirmation. The -c flag specifies the window's center coordinates, overriding the default. The -w flag specifies the window's minimum and maximum x and y coordinates. Flag -m suppresses default loading the color map of images containing one. -M causes 9v to load an image's color map and exit immediately. -q makes 9v exit on receiving any mouse or keyboard event. Save writes a picture file containing its window (or screen if 81/2 is not running) onto its standard output. Flip displays many picture files in sequence in a loop. The pictures must be the same size, and must fit in memory. The pictures are all loaded into main memory and then sent to the display as required using wrbitmap (see balloc(2)), so the machine running flip can be remote; a CPU server can be used if there are many large frames. The -r option sets the display rate in frames per second. By default flip dis- plays as fast as it can: about 15 frames per second for a small picture on a Magnum. The -p flag causes a one-second pause at the end of the loop. SOURCE
/sys/src/fb/9v.c /sys/src/fb/save.c /sys/src/fb/flip.c BUGS
9v guesses the format of foreign images by looking at the filename, not its contents. SEE ALSO
picfile(9.6) 9V(9.1)