Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script in saved in compress format Post 302185105 by kekanap on Monday 14th of April 2008 08:31:43 AM
Old 04-14-2008
example:

Say filename is xxx.Z (compressed)

type: uncompress xxx.Z

Ta,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compress script

Hi, How wud I script a particular log file to be compressed at a particular time and to be uncompressed after say 2 hours ? Im on a aix 3.2 box . file to be compressed --- > # pwd # /zssps/sps06/slogfile Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cubicle^dweller
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script needed for compress

i hav 200 logs files in a folder i want compress only the files having size more than 10 mb . please provide a script (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingkhankk
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to write script in compress format

i have the script how to write script in compress format in tar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naveeng.81
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue: Compress in unix server and FTP to windows and open the compress file using Winzip

Hi All ! We have to compress a big data file in unix server and transfer it to windows and uncompress it using winzip in windows. I have used the utility ZIP like the below. zip -e <newfilename> df2_test_extract.dat but when I compress files greater than 4 gb using zip utility, it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sakthifire
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archive directory script with tar/compress

Hi all I need to write a script that archives all files with a certain date in the filename, to another location. It has to run on a AIX using tar/compress or another standard AIX tool. The directory will have x files, each prefixed with a date like yyyymmdd_desc.csv. I need all to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIXfrog
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to open a saved file and modify the content

I am looking for a script where I need to open a file and modify the data like changing the parameters.Can anyone help me? open a file software.rsp . It already contains following data. parameter = false threads=100 user= demf The above should be changed to paramter=true thread= 133... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriki32
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script Not getting Saved

Hi , Script File Is Not Getting Saved This Are The Steps I Am Following For Saving And Executing A Script 1). vi ( To Open Vi Editor ) 2). vi filename ( vi firstprog.ksh) #!bin\kash date 3) !wq :( Saving And Quit) When I Am Saving The Scrpit I Am Getting The Below... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anudeepkumar123
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script to Compress All Subdirectories

I'd like to create simple bash script that, given a directory, compresses each directory by name, e.g.: Contents of ~/Documents Folder1 Folder2 Folder3 compress-subdirectoies.sh ~/Documents Results: Folder1. Folder2. Folder2. Any advice would be appreciated (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: furashgf
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script to compress the file for yesterday.

Hi, I want to write script for the last 5 files to compress. #!/bin/sh a= ls -ltr | awk '{print $9}' | head -5 | tail -3 echo `compress $a` exit 0 but this was telling "not found" please modify the script if i am wrong. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: victory
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to compress and delete the older logs

Hello Guys, Can you please help me with a script which zips the older log files(1-2 weeks) and delete them? I want to run the script manually instead of setting it up in a cron job. Appreciate your help. Regards, Kris (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kriss.gv
6 Replies
face(1)                                                            User Commands                                                           face(1)

NAME
face - executable for the Framed Access Command Environment Interface SYNOPSIS
face [-i init_file] [-c command_file] [-a alias_file] [filename...] DESCRIPTION
The Framed Access Command Environment Interface (FACE) presents your files and file folders on the screen through a system of menus and forms if you are properly set up as a FACE user. filename must follow the naming convention Menu.xxx for a menu, Form.xxx for a form, and Text.xxx for a text file, where xxx is any string that conforms to the UNIX system file naming conventions. The Form and Menu Language Interpreter (FMLI) descriptor lifetime will be ignored for all frames opened by argument to face. These frames have a lifetime of immortal by default. If filename is not specified on the command line, the FACE Menu will be opened along with those objects specified by the LOGINWIN environment variables. These variables are found in the user's .environ file. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -a alias_file Alias file -c command_file Command file -i init_file Initial file OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: filename The full pathname of the file describing the object to be opened initially. EXIT STATUS
The face command will return a non-zero exit value if the user is not properly set up as a FACE user. FILES
$HOME/pref/.environ ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWfac | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
env(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 5 Jul 1990 face(1)