Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris how to get back a SVM volume to solaris control Post 302184974 by sparcguy on Monday 14th of April 2008 12:41:18 AM
Old 04-14-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by b.janardhanguru
hi.., help me in this case...

1) now the disk is under disksuite, its have some mirrored volume.

how can i get back this disk to OS control.

2) how can i know the a SVM volume avalable,used space.
and the filesystem size on tht volume

please help in this i am bigginer...

If you're a beginner I advice you don't try to undo anything, SDS is very easy but if you dunno what you are doing you can mess up system just as easily.

To see what metadevices you have run

metastat -p

df -k

then compare which metadevice is used for which filesystem, df -k will also show you what is being mounted and how much used, metadevice for swap will not show up in df.

before you do anything, do yourself a favor goto /etc and backup the following

cp -p system system.ORG.APRIL
cp -p vfstab vfstab.ORG.APRIL
metastat -p > metastat.p.APRIL

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to resize mirror volume in veritas volume manager 3.5 on Solaris 9 OE

Hi all, I have a problem with vxvm volume which is mirror with two disks. when i am try to increase file system, it is throwing an ERROR: can not allocate 5083938 blocks, ERROR: can not able to run vxassist on this volume. Please find a sutable solutions. Thanks and Regards B. Nageswar... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nageswarb
0 Replies

2. Solaris

How can i grow Raid 5 volume in SVM..?

Hello experts.. How can i grow Raid 5 volume in SVM? Thanks in advance.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
2 Replies

3. Solaris

ZFS and SVM - volume management

pupp, thanks for the information. but is its integrated volume management better than SVM that we use (with ufs i believe)? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: StarSol
2 Replies

4. Solaris

SVM metaset on 2 node Solaris cluster storage replicated to non-clustered Solaris node

Hi, Is it possible to have a Solaris cluster of 2 nodes at SITE-A using SVM and creating metaset using say 2 LUNs (on SAN). Then replicating these 2 LUNs to remote site SITE-B via storage based replication and then using these LUNs by importing them as a metaset on a server at SITE-B which is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dn2011
0 Replies

5. Solaris

How to check SVM version Solaris 9 and 10?

How to check Solaris Volume Manager Version in 9 & 10? Which are the packages that are installed in the SVM? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajhal04
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ampersand not giving back the control (Korn shell)

OS version : AIX 6.1 Shell : Korn When you 'postfix' a command with ampersand (&) , it is supposed to run in the background and give you back the control. I tested this with ping command (by default it pings every 1 second ) After I ran the below ping command with ampersand, I pressed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: polavan
3 Replies

7. Solaris

How to extend an existing file system using SVM in solaris 10

Hi All I want to extend this file system to 120Gb: df -h /xyz Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d80 98G 35G 62G 37% /xyzand the NetApp admin is going to give me an LUN with 22Gb. This file system is mounted on: metastat d80... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fretagi
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Help with installing SVM on solaris 10

Hello Gurus, I am setting up a V240 with solaris 10 for learning purpose. I have 4 x 36Gb disk installed and I now want to install SVM just tp learn this disk management utility. What I want to know is where do I look for the SVM pkg ? is this the right command pkgchk -L SUNWsvm . Can anyone... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moh
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing control back to the shell script

Hi All, I have a shell script(test_abc.sh) with the following shell commands, which are invoking the same shell script with different parameters. test_abc.sh . ./test.sh abc >> test.log . ./test.sh xyz >> test.log . ./test.sh pys >> test.log . ./test.sh abc >> test.log . . ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev.devil.1983
4 Replies
metaclear(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     metaclear(1M)

NAME
metaclear - delete active metadevices and hot spare pools SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/metaclear -h /usr/sbin/metaclear [-s setname] -a [-f] /usr/sbin/metaclear component /usr/sbin/metaclear [-s setname] [-f] metadevice... hot_spare_pool... /usr/sbin/metaclear [-s setname] -r [-f] metadevice... hot_spare_pool... /usr/sbin/metaclear [-s setname] -p component /usr/sbin/metaclear [-s setname] -p metadevice DESCRIPTION
The metaclear command deletes the specified metadevice or hot_spare_pool., or purges all soft partitions from the designated component. Once a metadevice or hot spare pool is deleted, it must be re-created using metainit before it can be used again. Any metadevice currently in use (open) cannot be deleted. OPTIONS
Root privileges are required for all of the following options except -h. -a Deletes all metadevices and configured hot spare pools in the set named by -s, or the local set by default. -f Deletes (forcibly) a metadevice that contains a subcomponent in an error state. -h Displays usage message. -p Deletes (purges) all soft partitions from the specified metadevice or component. -r Recursively deletes specified metadevices and hot spare pools, but does not delete metadevices on which others depend. -s setname Specifies the name of the diskset on which metaclear will work. Using the -s option causes the command to perform its administrative function within the specified diskset. Without this option, the command performs its function on local metadevices and/or hot spare pools. OPERANDS
metadevice ... Specifies the name(s) of the metadevice(s) to be deleted. component Specifies the c*d*t*s* name(s) of the components containing soft partitions to be deleted. hot_spare_pool ... Specifies the name(s) of the hot spare pools to be deleted in the form hspnnn, where nnn is a number in the range 000-999. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Deleting Various Devices The following example deletes a metadevice named d10. # metaclear /dev/md/dsk/d10 The following example deletes all local metadevices and hot spare pools on the system. # metaclear -a The following example deletes a mirror, d20, with an submirror in an error state. # metaclear -f d20 The following example deletes a hot spare pool, hsp001. # metaclear hsp001 The following example deletes a soft partition, d23. # metaclear d23 The following example purges all soft partitions on the slice c2t3d5s2 if those partitions are not being used by other metadevices or are not open. # metaclear -p c2t3d5s2 The following example purges soft partitions from a metadevice. # metaclear -p d2 d3: Soft Partition is cleared d4: Soft Partition is cleared d5: Soft Partition is cleared EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWmdu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mdmonitord(1M), metadb(1M), metadetach(1M), metahs(1M), metainit(1M), metaoffline(1M), metaonline(1M), metaparam(1M), metarecover(1M), metarename(1M), metareplace(1M), metaroot(1M), metaset(1M), metassist(1M), metastat(1M), metasync(1M), metattach(1M), md.tab(4), md.cf(4), mddb.cf(4), md.tab(4), attributes(5), md(7D) Solaris Volume Manager Administration Guide SunOS 5.10 8 Aug 2003 metaclear(1M)