Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Subsystem Component Failure
Operating Systems AIX Subsystem Component Failure Post 302184949 by dukessd on Sunday 13th of April 2008 08:54:36 PM
Old 04-13-2008
FCP_ARRAY_ERR6 SUBSYSTEM COMPONENT FAILURE A degradation condition has occurred other than a disk drive.

Probably a cache battery or controller failure on the san storage device, ask your san support to look into it.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NFS client subsystem hang up on boot

Hi, I have a Unix box running HP-UX 10.20 and it suddenly won't boot. Every time it goes down the boot checklist, it hangs on "NFS client subsystem" and just continues to say busy/wait. I have read something about the /etc/auto_master but don't quite understand what has to happen to fix it. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Asheley Ryan
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

subsystem failure

aix 4.3 I get the following error from the errpt log BD797922 0306170008 P H enclosure0 SUBSYSTEM FAILURE I'm not clear on this kind of error. It never happened to me. What do this errors mean, and how do I clear or solve them? Any help is appreciated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andwhat
2 Replies

3. AIX

Generating a Subsystem

Hello, I'm trying to generate a subsystem which supports startsrc, stopsrc and refresh I want to specify special arguments in case of stopsrc and refresh for example: startsrc: /bin/testscript start stopsrc: /bin/testscript stop refresh: /bin/testscript restart which should be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
0 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Getting Subsystem ID/Vendor

Hey Guys ... How I can look up Subsystem ID of the WIFI card under Ubuntu... I did try lspci but its outputting only Vendor and Dev no subsys ... I need same data as below ( Windows ) PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_001C&SUBSYS_04281468&REV_01\4&1BF192B7&0&0020 thank you happy new year ! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NDxiak
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Password Aging with Openssh 5.2 SFTP Subsystem Jail

All, I enabled PAM and aged a password, but when I login it asks me for the current password then says password unchanged after entering the current password. Is this a bug? My security dept is going to want me to enable password aging and I'm stuck! Any help on what the issu is? ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: markdjones82
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SFTP subsystem requests

Hi there, what is the meaning of this line: SFTP subsystem requests: 5 Time(s) in: /var/mail/root??? Tks in advance, GB (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Giordano Bruno
0 Replies

7. AIX

sftp : have to specify subsystem from client side

I have several ssh servers *running aix 5.3 and they respond to sftp requests just fine, but I have one that requires clients to specify the path to the sftp server using the -s flag which is*/usr/sbin/sftp-server I check the sshd_config across all servers and they are the same. *The other... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: massdesign
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot up failure unix sco after power failure

hi power went out. next day unix sco wont boot up error code 303. any help appreciated as we are clueless. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredthayer
11 Replies

9. HP-UX

[HP UNIX B.10.20] NFS Client SubSystem fail

Recently moved a HP Unix B.10.20 system from US to Thailand, and everything is work well in US but after we changed: 1. set_parms ip_address (change the IP to TH range) 2. set_parms addl_netwrk (change the Subnet, Gateway, Domain name, DNS Svr Name, and DNS IP) 3. vi /etc/hosts (to commented... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: beta911
4 Replies
Components(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     Components(3)

NAME
Mac::Components - Macintosh Toolbox Interface to the Components Manager SYNOPSIS
use Mac::Components; RegisterComponentResource($Resource, 1); OpenComponent($Component); CloseComponent($Component); DESCRIPTION
Constants kAppleManufacturer kComponentResourceType kAnyComponentType kAnyComponentSubType kAnyComponentManufacturer kAnyComponentFlagsMask Default values for "GetDefaultComponent()". defaultComponentIdentical defaultComponentAnyFlags defaultComponentAnyManufacturer defaultComponentAnySubType defaultComponentAnyFlagsAnyManufacturer defaultComponentAnyFlagsAnyManufacturerAnySubType Flags for "GetDefaultComponent()". kComponentOpenSelect kComponentCloseSelect kComponentCanDoSelect kComponentVersionSelect kComponentRegisterSelect kComponentTargetSelect kComponentUnregisterSelect Standard component selectors. registerComponentGlobal registerComponentNoDuplicates registerComponentAfterExisting Flags for "SetDefaultComponent()". Functions RegisterComponentResource TR, GLOBAL The RegisterComponentResource function makes a component available for use by applications (or other clients). Once the Component Manager has registered a component, applications can find and open the component using the standard Component Manager routines. You provide information identifying the component and specifying its capabilities. The Component Manager returns a component identifier that uniquely identifies the component to the system. UnregisterComponent ACOMPONENT The UnregisterComponent function removes a component from the Component ManagerO~s registration list. Most components are registered at startup and remain registered until the computer is shut down. However, you may want to provide some services temporarily. In that case you dispose of the component that provides the temporary service by using this function. Returns zero on failure. FindNextComponent ACOMPONENT, [COMPONENTTYPE, [COMPONENTSUBTYPE, [COMPONENTMANUFACTURER, [COMPONENTFLAGS, [COMPONENTFLAGSMASK]]]]] The FindNextComponent function returns the component identifier of a component that meets the search criteria. FindNextComponent returns a function result of 0 when there are no more matching components. CountComponents [COMPONENTTYPE, [COMPONENTSUBTYPE, [COMPONENTMANUFACTURER, [COMPONENTFLAGS, [COMPONENTFLAGSMASK]]]]] The CountComponents function returns a long integer containing the number of components that meet the specified search criteria. GetComponentInfo ACOMPONENT The GetComponentInfo function returns information about the specified component. ($type, $subtype, $manufacturer, $flags, $mask, $name, $info) = GetComponentInfo($Component); GetComponentListModSeed The GetComponentListModSeed function allows you to determine if the list of registered components has changed. This function returns the value of the component registration seed number. OpenComponent ACOMPONENT The OpenComponent function allows your application to gain access to the services provided by a component. Your application must open a component before it can call any component functions. You specify the component with a component identifier that your application previously obtained from the FindNextComponent function. Returns ComponentInstance. CloseComponent ACOMPONENTINSTANCE The CloseComponent function terminates your applicationO~s access to the services provided by a component. Your application specifies the connection to be closed with the component instance returned by the OpenComponent() or OpenDefaultComponent() function. Returns zero on failure. GetComponentInstanceError ACOMPONENTINSTANCE The GetComponentInstanceError function returns the last error generated by a specific connection to a component. Returns zero on failure. ComponentFunctionImplemented CI, FTNNUMBER The ComponentFunctionImplemented function allows you to determine whether a component supports a specified request. Your application can use this function to determine a componentO~s capabilities. Returns 1 if supported. GetComponentVersion CI The GetComponentVersion function returns a componentO~s version number as a coded integer. SetDefaultComponent ACOMPONENT, FLAGS The SetDefaultComponent function allows your component to change the search order for registered components. You specify a component that is to be placed at the front of the search chain, along with control information that governs the reordering operation. The order of the search chain influences which component the Component Manager selects in response to an applicationO~s use of the OpenDefaultComponent() and FindNextComponent() functions. Returns zero on failure. OpenDefaultComponent COMPONENTTYPE, [COMPONENTSUBTYPE] The OpenDefaultComponent function allows your application to gain access to the services provided by a component. Your application must open a component before it can call any component functions. You specify the component type and subtype values of the component to open. The Component Manager searches for a component that meets those criteria. If you want to exert more control over the selection process, you can use the FindNextComponent() and OpenComponent() functions. Returns ComponentInstance. RegisterComponentResourceFile RESREFNUM, GLOBAL The RegisterComponentResourceFile function registers all component resources in the given resource file according to the flags specified in the global parameter. Returns an integer value. AUTHOR
Written by Matthias Ulrich Neeracher <neeracher@mac.com>, documentation by Bob Dalgleish <bob.dalgleish@sasknet.sk.ca>. Currently maintained by Chris Nandor <pudge@pobox.com>. POD ERRORS
Hey! The above document had some coding errors, which are explained below: Around line 87: Non-ASCII character seen before =encoding in 'ManagerO~s'. Assuming ISO8859-1 perl v5.18.2 2017-10-06 Components(3)