Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Background Process Shell Scripting Post 302184708 by dhieraj on Saturday 12th of April 2008 02:16:49 PM
Old 04-12-2008
Thanks Jean. I think it will work for me Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to include RETURN KEY with Background process "&" in Shell Script

Hello All, I am a newbie in Shell script programming, and maybe you can help me with my query. I need to write a shell script (mntServer.ksh) that will start a background process and also to be able to run another script. The mntServer.ksh script contains: #!/bin/ksh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: racbern
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

facing problem in starting a process in background using shell script.

hey all, i am working on sun solaris machine and i want to start a process in background using shell script (actually i wanna start tomcat server using shell script). please dont tell me that append a & at last because this is not working in the shell script. i have also used nohup and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dtomar
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Wait Process in Shell Scripting.

Hello, I have a script that needs to wait till the previous process is done within the same script.But my script doesnt wait till that it is done.Can anyone suggest how I can stop my process till the previous task is done. I tried 'wait' but I dont have a static process id so is there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sud
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting not showing in process when it goes to sleep

Hi All, Here is my script: sleep_time=`echo "9.6 * $num_servers"|bc| cut -d. -f1` if ; then sleep_time=3600;fi ### Allow the compare script to kick in after 1 hour at the least logger "Sleeping for $sleep_time seconds ...Will call compare.sh thereon" $act_log sleep $sleep_time #sleep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ntgobinath
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating background process for my shell

I actually posted this problem on a different forum, but figured this would be a more appropriate place to post it. OK so I've created my own shell, but I can't get the background process function to run properly! What I want to do is to run a process in the background, and also print when the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hansel13
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running Shell Script in the cron, background process

Hi, i was looking for an answer for some trouble im having runing a script in the cron, thing is, that when i run it manually it works just fine. But when cron runs it, it just doenst work. I saw a reply on a similar subject, suggesting that the . .profile worked for you, but im kind of... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: blacksteel1988
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to stop the process in shell scripting?

Hi all, I have tried the below code to execute. #! /bin/bash date1=`date -d "today 08:00:00" +%s` date2=`date -d "today 08:01:00" +%s` path=/home/user01/red/IDC/sample cd $path java Cspsamp 111.19.5.172 7025 rd1 rd1 "5022=Query|5026=109378|4=627|5=E:VD|5042=$date1|5049=$date2"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run multiple functions in Background in UNIX Shell Scripting?

Hi, I am using ksh , i have requirement to run 4 functions in background , 4 functions call are available in a case that case is also in function, i need to execute 1st function it should run in background and return to case and next i will call 2nd function it should run in background and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikram
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting issue-running the background script

I have written the below query to genrate a telephone.I am passing account number from oracle database. I am calling 2 scripts which generate the bill 1. bip.sh (it runs in the background) 2.runXitInvoice_PROFORMA_integ bip.sh generates a number which runXitInvoice_PROFORMA_integ uses.How... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafa_fed2
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting errors for ftp process

Hi i am facing problem in shell scripting for ftp process getting following errors here is the script & result vi GtpTxnlogs_ftp.sh "GtpTxnlogs_ftp.sh" 40 lines, 921 characters #!/usr/bin/bash ###################################################################################### #... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sarmistha
4 Replies
Songwrite(1)															      Songwrite(1)

NAME
Songwrite - A tablature editor SYNTAX
songwrite [<filename...>] songwrite --help songwrite --version songwrite --play [<filename...>] songwrite --playloop [<filename...>] songwrite --songbook <songbook_title> <song_filenames...> songwrite --convert <format> [--output <output_filename>] <filename> DESCRIPTION
Songwrite is a tablature (guitar partition) editor, with playing and printing ability. Songwrite is coded in Python and uses Tk (Tkinter); it relies on Timidity to play midi and on GNU Lilypond for printing. OPTIONS
--help Output help information and exit. --version Output version information and exit. --play <filename> Play <filename> and exit. --playloop <filename> Play <filename> in loop (stop it with C-c or kill). --songbook <songbook_filename> <songbook_title> <song_filenames...> Create a postcript songbook with the given title and songs. --convert <format> [--output <output_filename>] <filename> Opens no window, and converts Songwrite file <filename> into <format>. <format> is one of: lilypond, latex, ps, asciitab, midi. <output_filename> is deduced from <filename> and <format> if not given. Several --convert can be given. Use --output - for STDOUT (not available for ps). FILES
~/.songwrite AUTHORS
Jiba (Lamy Jean-Baptiste) <jiba@tuxfamily.org> Jiba (Lamy Jean-Baptiste) 0.10 Songwrite(1)