Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Trouble installing Java bin in ssh Post 302184536 by clockwise on Friday 11th of April 2008 04:17:23 PM
Old 04-11-2008
Trouble installing Java bin in ssh

Java is required for a game server I'm setting up..
I'm unable to install the java_ee_sdk-5_03-linux.bin self-executable.
Tried using chmod but didn't have any success.

Please help, I will be eternally greatfull Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Trouble Installing a SCSI Adapter

Okay. I admit I'm sort of a newbie in this regard. I installed a SCSI adapter on a Sun Ultra 5 workstation. I did the standard STOP-A on the startup and got the OK prompt. I then tried probe-scsi-all. It dumps me back @ the OK prompt w/ no message whatsoever. I tried probe-scsi, nothing. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Plain Person
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Trouble installing solaris 9 on 4500

I have a enterprise 4500 sun box. I installed 2 new 72 gb drives to replace the 2 x 9 gb drives that were in it. I have the solaris 9 install disk in it and when i do a boot cdrom it starts then says: panic - boot: ufsboot: cannot determine filesystem type of root device. Any suggestions. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Trouble installing Fast CGI

I'm having trouble installing mod_fastcgi.so, that is I'm having trouble compiling it for a start. it seems every time i use the apxs command I get these errors; gcc: unrecognized option `-Xa' gcc: unrecognized option `-Xa' gcc: unrecognized option `-KPIC' gcc: language ildoff not recognized... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fishman2001
0 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Trouble Installing

I'm trying to install SuSE 7.2 Professional on a IBM Netfinity M10 system. But setup says it can not find a HDD for some reason. It has 6 SCSI HDD installed so I'm not sure why it won't detect them. I am new to servers though and never have used a SCSI device. So if someone could help me out I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Iconfixit
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

Trouble installing software with swinst

Hello. I am having issues with my HP-UX 10.20 system. It was a functioning system and I don't know where it went awry. Whenever I attempt to use the swinstall or swlist commands, the system hangs and never comes back. This happens whether I use the CDE GUI or via the SIO console. I sometimes... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gtraff68
1 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Trouble setting up Java classpath

Saw an error while setting up an application called i2phex: # ./run.sh java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to initialize phex.net.repres.i2p.I2PPresentationManager at phex.common.ManagerController.initializeManagers(ManagerController.java:78) at phex.Main.main(Main.java:161)After... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Israel213
0 Replies

7. Programming

Trouble with Iterators and Hashtables (Java)

Okay so I am currently workng on an assignment where I have basically got to create a word ladder, eg. Click, Clock, Flock, Flick, so its a list of words with only 1 letter difference, and the same letters cant be reused. Now I can do 2 methods of doing this, the first (which I need help need help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilvarHawke
2 Replies

8. Linux

On Zorin - trouble installing new printer - need help

Hi. I am new to Linux & am using Zorin on my computer. :confused: I had my old printer pack it in & so I had to replace it with my new printer - which is the same make & model as the old one (a newer model only). There is some code name under Printers which I presume to be the old printer. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snookerdoodles
1 Replies
GZEXE(1)						      General Commands Manual							  GZEXE(1)

NAME
gzexe - compress executable files in place SYNOPSIS
gzexe name ... DESCRIPTION
The gzexe utility allows you to compress executables in place and have them automatically uncompress and execute when you run them (at a penalty in performance). For example if you execute ``gzexe /usr/bin/gdb'' it will create the following two files: -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1026675 Jun 7 13:53 /usr/bin/gdb -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2304524 May 30 13:02 /usr/bin/gdb~ /usr/bin/gdb~ is the original file and /usr/bin/gdb is the self-uncompressing executable file. You can remove /usr/bin/gdb~ once you are sure that /usr/bin/gdb works properly. This utility is most useful on systems with very small disks. OPTIONS
-d Decompress the given executables instead of compressing them. SEE ALSO
gzip(1), znew(1), zmore(1), zcmp(1), zforce(1) CAVEATS
The compressed executable is a shell script. This may create some security holes. In particular, the compressed executable relies on the PATH environment variable to find gzip and some standard utilities (basename, chmod, ln, mkdir, mktemp, rm, sleep, and tail). BUGS
gzexe attempts to retain the original file attributes on the compressed executable, but you may have to fix them manually in some cases, using chmod or chown. GZEXE(1)