Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how to delete file names with $ in them Post 302184445 by orahi001 on Friday 11th of April 2008 01:06:50 PM
Old 04-11-2008
I thought the double quotes picked up the special characters, but it looks like it doesn't

thanks,

Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I delete files using a file that containt path and names?

Recentily i receive virus ninda and my network was files *.eml. I find all *.eml with: find / -name *.eml -print > virus Virus has the path and name of the file,so, How can i delete all *.eml? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AlvaroD
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading file names from a file and executing the relative file from shell script

Hi How can i dynamically read files names from a list file and execute them from a single shell script. Please help its urgent Thanks in Advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushilrai
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 list and delete certain names

Hi, I currently have a script that takes a list of names and compares it with another list and appends non-duplicate names. I want to modify my script such that it will look at a list of names and for every name preceded by the tag "<delete>" (without the quotes) it checks the other list for... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: eltinator
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for file names in a directory while ignoring certain file names

Sun Solaris Unix Question Haven't been able to find any solution for this situation. Let's just say the file names listed below exist in a directory. I want the find command to find all files in this directory but at the same time I want to eliminate certain file names or files with certain... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2reperry
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split File by Pattern with File Names in Source File... Awk?

Hi all, I'm pretty new to Shell scripting and I need some help to split a source text file into multiple files. The source has a row with pattern where the file needs to be split, and the pattern row also contains the file name of the destination for that specific piece. Here is an example: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cul8er
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete files whose file names are listed in a .txt file

hi, I need a help. I used this command to list all the log files which are for more than 10 days to a text file. find /usr/script_test -type f -mtime +10>>/usr/ftprm.txt I want all these files listed in the ftprm.txt to be ftp in another machine and then rm the files. Anyone can help me... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamaldev
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the file name and copy old file content to new file names.

Hi, I have a files in a directory as below :- ls -1 mqdepth-S1STC02 proc-mq-S1STC01 proc-mq-S1STC02 proc-mq-S1STC03 Whereever i have S1STC i need to copy them into new file with file name S2STC. expected output :- ls -1 mqdepth-S2STC02 proc-mq-S2STC01 proc-mq-S2STC02... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satishmallidi
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking Multiple File existance in a UNIX folder(Note: File names are all different)

HI Guys, I have some 8 files with different name and extensions. I need to check if they are present in a specific folder or not and also want that script to show me which all are not present. I can write if condition for each file but from a developer perspective , i feel that is not a good... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shankarpanda003
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude certain file names while selectingData files coming in different names in a file name called

Data files coming in different names in a file name called process.txt. 1. shipments_yyyymmdd.gz 2 Order_yyyymmdd.gz 3. Invoice_yyyymmdd.gz 4. globalorder_yyyymmdd.gz The process needs to discard all the below files and only process two of the 4 file names available ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsravanam
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files except the file names available in the Except File

Hi, I need some help in the below scenario. I need to delete all the files from the directory except the file name available in the Except file. Like the folder ABC have files like A1.txt,A2.txt......A10.txt and also have a file named Except.txt with the content A3.txt,A4.txt Need a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kban
6 Replies
ipsec_config_delete(1M) 												   ipsec_config_delete(1M)

NAME
ipsec_config_delete - delete configuration records from the HP-UX IPSec configuration database and delete certificate files SYNOPSIS
object_name ip_addr object_name object_name object_name object_name DESCRIPTION
The command deletes configuration records from the configuration database and certificate data. If HP-UX IPSec is active and running, the data (IPsec policy, authentication record or bypass list entry) is also deleted from the runtime policy database. If you delete IPsec policies that have active Security Associations (SAs), HP-UX IPSec removes the SAs from the Security Association Database (SADB) and sends a delete notification to the remote system. If HP-UX IPSec removes an IKE policy, the associated IPSec SAs can remain active, but no IKE control messages can be sent. The command deletes the certificate for the local system and the related private key file from the directory. It does not delete certifi- cates for CAs or Certificate Revocation Lists (CRLs). To delete these objects, you must manually delete the files in the directory. You can use the command to display the file names with the subject names for the CA certificate files and the issuer names for the CRL files. You cannot delete the configuration object. Options and Operands The command recognizes the following options and operands: object_name Specifies the name of the object you are deleting. Do not use this argument when deleting a configuration object. You cannot delete the host, IKEv1, or IKEv2 policies. ip_addr Specifies the IP address of the entry in the bypass list you are deleting. EXAMPLES
The following command deletes the host IPsec policy named AUTHOR
was developed by HP. FILES
configuration database. default profile file. SEE ALSO
ipsec_admin(1M), ipsec_config(1M), ipsec_config_add(1M), ipsec_config_batch(1M), ipsec_config_export(1M), ipsec_config_show(1M), ipsec_migrate(1M), ipsec_policy(1M), ipsec_report(1M). HP-UX IPSec Software Required ipsec_config_delete(1M)