Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Locking issue
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Locking issue Post 302184401 by jim mcnamara on Friday 11th of April 2008 11:24:23 AM
Old 04-11-2008
Code:
dir=/test
[[ -f  $dir/lock ]] && sleep 600  && rm -f ./tmp/lock

If the file /test/lock exists, sleep for 600 seconds then delete the file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File Locking

Hi, Does anyone know what happens when two processes are simultaneously trying to write to a single file in UNIX (AIX)? Cheers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: penfold
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

locking problem

Hi... after unlock my computer from lock, all telnet windows which i opened previously are closing automaticaly... i hope u understand....plz give solution... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkatramana
1 Replies

3. Linux

Locking around kmem_cache_destroy

Hi There, I want to make sure that kmem_cache_alloc is not called concurrently with kmem_cache_destroy on module exit and I want be able to use GFP_KERNEL for the kmem_cache_alloc calls. Would a read/write lock be good fro this purpose or is there another method I should be using? Regards,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brendan Kennedy
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Keyboard keeps locking up

First off, let me start by saying that I am a total rookie when it comes to Unix so I will do my best to explain the situation. BACKGROUND:We are running AIX and using a third party Inventory Management software called Acclaim. My main interface terminal is just a "dummy" terminal hooked up to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sstaszak11
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

locking mechanism

I have a shell script. How can use some kind of locking mechanism to ensure that the script is not being executed by two people at the same time? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjay83
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Locking a script

Hello everyone Im sure this has been asked lots of times before, but after endless searching i cant find what i need. How can i make a bash script unreadable to all, including root, but still executable, im not worried about editing it again etc... , is there a way to convert it or something, i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dave123
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File locking

i am working on a device runnin on linux....i have configured the samba server in the device such that my windows PC can access a shared folder in the device. Also in the device i am runnin some programs which access the files in this shared folder. What i want to know is whether there is any way i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhinx
1 Replies

8. Programming

Locking issue with serial port

Hi, In my application,I need to monitor the devices connected through serial port in solaris sparc 9 OS.I used c and java code for it and I am able to do the same but the problem comes when I restart the system and the open my application and try to monitor it.but I m unable to monitor the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
2 Replies

9. Linux

filesystem locking issue on linux

hi, we are getting filesystem locking issue very frequently. we are using linux rhel 5.5. our filesystem type is gfs2 where we are facing locking issue and unix admin team reboots server to over come with this issue. suddenly we used to face slowness on server and server gets hung. after that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anshu ranjan
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Locking Down SFTP

Hi List, I'm sure this has been done before and there must be several ways to skin the cat on this topic. What I am trying to achieve is set up user accounts for use with SFTP based on the standard OpenSSH protocol. And I want to be able to lock them down so that they cannot browse outside of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: landossa
2 Replies
BUF_TIMELOCK(9) 					   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual					   BUF_TIMELOCK(9)

NAME
BUF_TIMELOCK -- locks a buffer SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/param.h> #include <sys/systm.h> #include <sys/uio.h> #include <sys/bio.h> #include <sys/buf.h> int BUF_TIMELOCK(struct buf *bp, int locktype, char *wmesg, int catch, int timo); DESCRIPTION
The BUF_TIMELOCK() function locks the given buffer, and limits the amount of time it will sleep to timo and OR's catch into the sleep's pri- ority. wmesg is the wmesg used in the sleep. Its arguments are: bp The buffer to lock. locktype Flags controlling the type of lock. See lockmgr(9) for details. wmesg The wmesg used in any sleeps while acquiring the lock. catch Priority OR'd into the sleep's priority. timo The timeout for any sleeps encountered during the lock. RETURN VALUES
A value of 0 is returned on success. See lockmgr(9) for details on non-zero return values. SEE ALSO
buf(9), BUF_LOCK(9), BUF_UNLOCK(9), lockmgr(9) AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Chad David <davidc@acns.ab.ca>. BSD
July 9, 2001 BSD