Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Samba Installation
Operating Systems AIX Samba Installation Post 302184385 by bakunin on Friday 11th of April 2008 10:09:31 AM
Old 04-11-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by farl
[homes]
force user = %U
read only = No
hosts allow = 129.183.
[printers]
I don't know Samba all too good, but doesn't the part marked bold look like the wrong network? Just guessing....

bakunin

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Samba installation

HI. I am still having problems installing samba. i found a site where there is a package for auto install. i click on the link and it start to data stream, what going on, i thought it suppose to install it to /usr/local/ . Here is the link i download or try to download the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: souldier
4 Replies

2. Solaris

installation of Solaris: installation bypasses network config.

hello solaris friends, I've tried installing Sun Solaris 10.0, but everytime it seems to bypass the network config. screen that looks similar to this...here's the url: http://www.hup.hu/old/images/hup/Solaris/Sol10beta7/9.png I'm able to install it all the way through but I get no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cadmiumgreen
2 Replies

3. Solaris

samba installation

Hi All, I want to install Samba packages in my server...I saw the processes that are related to samba are running. Being root, i dont have full permissions to stop samba and start it. I dont know whether i can kill the samba process. I was told to install samba on the system... ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Why Samba is still pointing to old version after installation

Hallo, I am new to administer a Unix machine. Basically I have just upgrade the samba version from 2.2.8a up to 3.0.22 on Sol 9 SV210. the installation was successful. but then when I checked the version by using /usr/sfw/bin/smbstatus it was still showing 2.2.8a. I've restarted samba... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Luky
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

samba

hi all having lots of issues with Macs connecting to samba servers being published via Red Hat 5.1. Seems to be varring problems depending on what OSX version we run from 10.5 to 6.3. I found a not on one of the forums about adding the unix extenstions= no and that has cured a few macs but not.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: treds
0 Replies

6. Solaris

samba issue: one samba share without password prompting and the others with.

Hi All, I've been trying to configure samba on Solaris 10 to allow me to have one share that is open and writable to all users and have the rest of my shares password protected by a generic account. If I set my security to user, my secured shares work just fine and prompt accordingly, but when... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ideal2545
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Samba installation issue

hey, i am trying to install a new samba server using the source package in my redhat machine.i am using samba 3.6.4 version.actually i am not able to find out the smb.conf file in there.can anyone give me any idea about where to look for this configuration file?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: htshshrm2
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Samba installation failing on Linux

We are trying to install samba server on linux environment but it's failing with following errors. Could any of you help me on this. body { margin: 0 0 0 0; padding:0 0 0 0 }td,div { font-family:Segoe UI;font-size:9pt;vertical-align:top }/* Copyright IBM Corp. 2011 All Rights Reserved. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: talk1234
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 flash installation - fatal error. Solaris installation program exited.

Not very helpful to say the least. Seems to read the flar file and go through the upgrade and then come up with this error. Any ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
1 Replies
SMBCRC(1)						Samba Commander configuration file						 SMBCRC(1)

NAME
smbcrc - configuration file for Smbc DESCRIPTION
An smbcrc file includes all parameters for Smbc. The value in parameters you can set at two types: username John Doe or username "John Doe" OPTIONS
username User name that is used during login to remote host, default "guest". Example: username Jon Doe password Password that is entered during login to remote host, default none. Example: password bryDS2team smbclient Path to file "smbclient", necessary for sending WinPopup message, default none. Only functions concatenate with send and receive a Win- Popup messages work as frontend, Samba Team doesn't include this functions in libsmbclient library. Example: smbclient /usr/bin/smbclient localdir Start local directory when running Smbc, default HOME. Example: localdir /home/rafim/tym workgroup Start workgroup, default none. Example: workgroup WORKGROUP host Start host, default none. Example: host AIR share Start remote host dir, default none. Example: share /sciepa/mpg/ typeofsort-left typeofsort-right Type of sort files and directories in selected panels, default 1. typeofsort-left 1 - sort by filenames typeofsort-left 2 - sort by extension typeofsort-left 3 - sort by size typeofsort-left 4 - don't sort Examples: typeofsort-left 1 typeofsort-right 1 reversesort-left reversesort-right Type of reverse sorting, default 0. reversesort-left 1 - reversesort on reversesort-left 0 - reversesort off Examples: reversesort-left 0 reversesort-right 0 group-left group-right Group files and directories, default 1. group-left 1 - group on group-left 0 - group off Examples: group-left 1 group-right 1 timeout Connection time out in seconds, default 3 seconds. This parameter was used when Smbc tries connect to remote host and waits for response. If you have the Samba in version oldest than 3.0.0 this parameter don't work and Smbc may be waiting for very long time. Example: timeout 3 autoresume Auto resume download, doesn't ask if connection is broken, default 0. If connection to remote host or to local file was broken and autoresume was set 1 Smbc sets retry-delay-time for this file and immediately goes to next item in download/upload list. autoresume 1 - autoresume on autoresume 0 - autoresume off Example: autoresume 1 indextime Time between smbc restarts network files indexing in seconds, default 300 seconds. indextime 0 smbc disable indexing network files indextime 1 smbc ony once index network files indextime 300 smbc index network files then delay 300 second and restart indexing Example: indextime 300 char-convert Converts all chars from UTF-8 to terminal charset, default 1. char-convert 1 - char-convert on char-convert 0 - char-convert off Example: char-convert 1 retry-delay-time Delay time of retrying download is seconds, default 60 second. Example: retry-delay-time 60 askquit Ask if quit from smbc, default 1. retry-read-groups How many times smbc retries to read groups when samba returns fail or empty result, default retry-read-groups 5. retry-read-groups = -1 - retries to success retry-read-groups = 0 - doesn't retry retry-read-groups > 0 - retries retry-read-groups times retry-read-hosts How many times smbc retries to read hosts when samba returns fail or empty result, default retry-read-hosts 5. retry-read-hosts = -1 - retries to success retry-read-hosts = 0 - doesn't retry retry-read-hosts > 0 - retries retry-read-hosts times retry-read-shares How many times smbc retries to read shares when samba returns fail or empty result, default retry-read-shares 5. retry-read-shares = -1 - retries to success retry-read-shares = 0 - doesn't retry retry-read-shares > 0 - retries retry-read-shares times colorK XXXX,YYYY,ZZZZ Defines three colors, where XXXX,YYYY,ZZZZ are red,green,blue and have value = <0000..1000> ,K has value <0..2>, default 0 colors defined. Examples: color0 0100,0100,0610 color1 0900,0080,0900 color2 0010,0500,0500 extcolorK Define color for file extension, K has value <0..2>, one definition per line, maximal extension length = 10 chars ,default 0 colors defined. Examples: extcolor0 exe extcolor0 bin extcolor0 bat extcolor0 tar extcolor0 gz extcolor0 tgz extcolor1 mp3 extcolor1 wav extcolor1 mod extcolor2 avi extcolor2 mpg extcolor2 mpeg SEE ALSO
smbcrc(1) AUTHOR
Originally written by Rafal Michniewicz <rafim@data.pl>. SMBCRC for SMBC Version 1.1.2 February 2005 SMBCRC(1)