Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers HELP --Accidentaly executed mv ../* . in /tmp Post 302184344 by Dave Miller on Friday 11th of April 2008 08:20:03 AM
Old 04-11-2008
Quote:
/tmp/bin/mv /tmp/bin /tmp
I would think that it should be:

/tmp/bin/mv /tmp/bin /bin
or
/tmp/bin/mv -R /tmp/bin /bin

You may have to create the /bin directory first.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

monitoring /tmp and /var/tmp for suspicous activity

Hello, does anyone have a script that can check the contents of the /tmp directory and for example e-mail the directory content if anything other than session files are present? Maybe there are better ways to monitor suspicous /tmp and /var/tmp activity, if so I'm listening :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamesbond
1 Replies

2. Solaris

How To Shrink /Tmp

Hi, Do you know if we can shrink the size of the Swap under Solaris 8 ? 8Gb is already allocated to /TMP but we would like to reduce to 1 GB. Thanks, Fabien. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclefab
2 Replies

3. AIX

/tmp full

good morning The /tmp filesystem is full at 99 % I have do a "rm" but the size is the same. so i think that a process is always alive, but how can i do to know it ? (because I have deleted some file in /tmp) thank you (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pascalbout
9 Replies

4. Red Hat

/tmp directory

i heard once that the /tmp directory was a ramfs (swap) that is cleared at reboot time, is this still the case in redhat EL 3 and 4 ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is so special about /tmp/

I know that /tmp is used for memory or swap??? and that it should not be full ??? and that files under /tmp are automatically removed after a reboot??? Is this info true??? thx (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
16 Replies

6. AIX

/tmp full

The /tmp is 100% full, I found there are the following big files/directory: 1301500 syslog.out.58 166692 vac 158552 install.dir.2928686 158552 install.dir.2236636 110980 install.dir.2887698 /tmp/vac have some files like : .toc ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
3 Replies

7. AIX

problem with tmp

Hello everyone ! I get a box with aix 5.3 and I get the /tmp fs on 100 %. I get a free space to get more bigger my fs but send me a error message. I try to make more bigger with smitty chlv but It doesnt work. Then I try to reduce somethings on the /tmp fs but I cant get in on a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
4 Replies

8. Solaris

cannot cd /tmp.

Hi All, There's a /tmp. folder on my solaris 9. I can't cd on it bash-2.05# uname -a SunOS cads105ctce 5.9 Generic_122300-30 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V890 bash-2.05# cd /tmp. bash: cd: /tmp.: No such file or directory bash-2.05# ls -la /tmp. /tmp.: No such file or directory ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
5 Replies

9. AIX

Script not getting executed via cron but executes when executed manually.

Hi Script not getting executed via cron but executes successfully when executed manually. Please assist cbspsap01(appuser) /app/scripts > cat restart.sh #!/bin/ksh cd /app/bin date >>logfile.out echo "Restart has been started....." >>logfile.out date >>logfile.out initfnsw -y restart... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

/tmp filling up

Does anyone know of a way to redirect the ksh default of processing data in /tmp to another file system or / something else? My ksh script is parsing large DB files and it keeps filling up /tmp on the root disk. I have a 1 Tb disk with most of its space. How do I re-direct the /tmp ksh... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cchelten
6 Replies
newinclude(1)						      General Commands Manual						     newinclude(1)

NAME
newinclude - create a binary mailing list from an :include: file SYNOPSIS
newinclude list DESCRIPTION
newinclude reads a sendmail-style :include: file, list, and converts it into a binary format in list.bin for use by fastforward. newinclude first writes the mailing list to list.tmp, and then moves it to list.bin. If there is any problem creating list.tmp, newinclude leaves list.bin alone. newinclude always creates list.bin world-readable. COMPATIBILITY WARNING: sendmail reads list directly; fastforward needs list.bin. sendmail's strategy is a disaster if you save list to disk at the same moment that sendmail reads it; the list will be truncated at a random spot, perhaps in the middle of an address. Further- more, if the system crashes while you are writing list, list could be filled with all sorts of garbage. LIST FORMAT
list may contain any number of lines; each line may contain any number of addresses or further :include: files. See newaliases(1) for details on the address format. Any line in file beginning with # is ignored. COMPATIBILITY WARNING: newinclude does not support file or program deliveries in :include: files. You can use the secure delivery mecha- nisms described in dot-qmail(5) instead. COMPATIBILITY WARNING: Versions of sendmail before V8 did not allow comments in :include: files. SEE ALSO
fastforward(1), newaliases(1), setmaillist(1), dot-qmail(5) newinclude(1)