Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: question about XML and DTD
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers question about XML and DTD Post 302184250 by matrixmadhan on Friday 11th of April 2008 03:32:27 AM
Old 04-11-2008
thanks for the reply era.

I had the approach you proposed already Smilie

But the sad truth is I won't be able to create temp file as well.

Am just searching for a solution where I the source file would be untouched, no temp files created and if possible to pass the external dtd as an argument to xmllint.

thanks for the reply ! Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove xml namespace from xml file using shell script?

I have an xml file: <AutoData xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <Table1> <Data1 10 </Data1> <Data2 20 </Data2> <Data3 40 </Data3> <Table1> </AutoData> and I have to remove the portion xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" only. I tried using sed... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gary1978
10 Replies

2. AIX

ikedb XML DTD and sample files

Can anybody send me a copy of the XML DTD files of IKE database and sample XML files which are used by ikedb for manipulation of IPsec SPD/SAD? I suppose it should be under /usr/samples/ipsec. Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arrowheart
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add the multiple lines of xml tags before a particular xml tag in a file

Hi All, I'm stuck with adding multiple lines(irrespective of line number) to a file before a particular xml tag. Please help me. <A>testing_Location</A> <value>LA</value> <zone>US</zone> <B>Region</B> <value>Russia</value> <zone>Washington</zone> <C>Country</C>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting question, replacement in xml file

Hi Anybody can help me to make a script that replace string "Su saldo es" with "Your balance" in XML block if it start with Text Id=98 and Text Id= 12 only sample of part of file below <Text Id="98"> <Language id="1">Su saldo es $mainAccountBalance1Tiene ademas $dedicatedAccount1Balance1... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashu_099
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Command to compare two xml lines while ignoring xml tags

I've got two different files and want to compare them. File 1 : HTML Code: <response ticketId="944" type="getQueryResults"><status>COMPLETE</status><description>Query results fetched successfully</description><recordSet totalCount="1" type="sms_records"><record... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shaishav Shah
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add Xml tags to an existing xml using shell or awk?

Hi , I have a below xml: <ns:Body> <ns:result> <Date Month="June" Day="Monday:/> </ns:result> </ns:Body> i have a lookup abc.txtt text file with below details Month June July August Day Monday Tuesday Wednesday I need a output xml with below tags <ns:Body> <ns:result>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nevergivup
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Xml multi parse question

awk -F "" '/<Id>|<id>|<Source>|<source>|<Accession>|<accession>|<TestName>|<testname>/ {print $2, $3}' OFS='\t' Test.xml The above code works great, but lets say I wanted the <Analyte> name (<Name>STAT3). The word <name> is unique so there will be multiple records pulled. Is there a way to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split xml file into multiple xml based on letterID

Hi All, We need to split a large xml into multiple valid xml with same header(2lines) and footer(last line) for N number of letterId. In the example below we have first 2 lines as header and last line as footer.(They need to be in each split xml file) Header: <?xml version="1.0"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to pull multiple XML tags from the same XML file in Shell.?

I'm searching for the names of a TV show in the XML file I've attached at the end of this post. What I'm trying to do now is pull out/list the data from each of the <SeriesName> tags throughout the document. Currently, I'm only able to get data the first instance of that XML field using the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hungryd
9 Replies
XML::LibXML::Dtd(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       XML::LibXML::Dtd(3)

NAME
XML::LibXML::Dtd - XML::LibXML DTD Handling SYNOPSIS
use XML::LibXML; $dtd = XML::LibXML::Dtd->new($public_id, $system_id); $dtd = XML::LibXML::Dtd->parse_string($dtd_str); $publicId = $dtd->getName(); $publicId = $dtd->publicId(); $systemId = $dtd->systemId(); DESCRIPTION
This class holds a DTD. You may parse a DTD from either a string, or from an external SYSTEM identifier. No support is available as yet for parsing from a filehandle. XML::LibXML::Dtd is a sub-class of XML::LibXML::Node, so all the methods available to nodes (particularly toString()) are available to Dtd objects. METHODS
new $dtd = XML::LibXML::Dtd->new($public_id, $system_id); Parse a DTD from the system identifier, and return a DTD object that you can pass to $doc->is_valid() or $doc->validate(). my $dtd = XML::LibXML::Dtd->new( "SOME // Public / ID / 1.0", "test.dtd" ); my $doc = XML::LibXML->new->parse_file("test.xml"); $doc->validate($dtd); parse_string $dtd = XML::LibXML::Dtd->parse_string($dtd_str); The same as new() above, except you can parse a DTD from a string. Note that parsing from string may fail if the DTD contains external parametric-entity references with relative URLs. getName $publicId = $dtd->getName(); Returns the name of DTD; i.e., the name immediately following the DOCTYPE keyword. publicId $publicId = $dtd->publicId(); Returns the public identifier of the external subset. systemId $systemId = $dtd->systemId(); Returns the system identifier of the external subset. AUTHORS
Matt Sergeant, Christian Glahn, Petr Pajas VERSION
2.0110 COPYRIGHT
2001-2007, AxKit.com Ltd. 2002-2006, Christian Glahn. 2006-2009, Petr Pajas. LICENSE
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-02-01 XML::LibXML::Dtd(3)