Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cron not running
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Cron not running Post 302184134 by era on Thursday 10th of April 2008 03:11:18 PM
Old 04-10-2008
And check your mail; usually you get an email with the output from a command if it generated any (such as when there was an error, with any decently implemented command).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running script using cron

I am running a script by scheduling it using the cron. The line in the cron file is - 10 * * * * ksh -v /apps/gofis/svam/cos_automation/cos_automation.sh vpqa > /apps/gofis/svam/cos_automation/cron.log 2>&1 But after the job is executed, the cron.log contains some part from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankurgupta
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

not running in cron

I have written a shell script and when i run it from shell prompt it runs fine but in the cron it only runs partially. That means cron is working fine. there is a command which i am using in the script which doesn't run at all. That comman uses different user privileges like ptadmin i am not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajnabi
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

Cron Job Not Running

Hi, I have a cron schedule like this 04,16,28,40,52 * * * * /nag/startProcessABatch (unix script) i want to add new lines in this file (like Logging), i just copy this file into a /tmp folder (for backup copy), and i have edited this file (added few lines of code for logging). ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nag_sundaram
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

running cron jobs

I would like to add a job using cron. I have following questions - cron jobs are launched using what login-id e.g. is the script launced using my login-id - In which directory would the cron jobs be launched ? - where do the environment variables required in the script being lauched come... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharanbr
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to tell which cron jobs are still running?

I have some cron jobs that are taking a might long time. That is because they are screen scrapers and I inserted an extra long pause (10 minutes between screens) to be extra polite and minimize network traffic. I was going to have them run once a day but now I'm thinking once a week. How do I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron not running .. please help

i have a simple script that ftp a file out, manually running it works fine. #!/bin/sh ftp 152.226.69.48 << cmd bin get applicant_vw.txt quit cmd but when I cron it, 14 9 * * * /opt/home/XXX/XXX/dailyjob.sh > /opt/home/XXX/XXX/cronlog.txt seems that it was executed because i can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beisaikong
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Running Dialog using Cron

Folks, I have a solaris 10 system. I am having trouble with cron to run a dialog command. When I simply execute below using a cron it does not work. I am new to the forum, please help me to understand it better. Thanks in advance. #!/bin/sh dialog --infobox "Please wait " 10 10 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wndgs
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Script not running from cron

Hi, I''ve made a script that's running fine from the command line but when running from cron it encounters the following issue: /tmp/tstscript/testfail.ksh: typeset: not found I've searched in Google and couldn't find anything, here's the beggining of the script (I can post the rest if... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cvg
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check what cron is running

How to check what cron is scheduled to run? I don't want to modify anything. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stevensw
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Cron job running even after cron is removed

Hi , I have removed a cron for particular user , but cron job seems to be running even after the cron entry is removed. The purpose of the cron was to sendmail to user ( it uses mailx utility ) I have restarted cron and sendmail service still user is getting mail alerts from the cron job. And... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
4 Replies
EXIM_CHECKACCESS(8)					      System Manager's Manual					       EXIM_CHECKACCESS(8)

NAME
exim_checkaccess - Check address acceptance from given IP SYNOPSIS
exim_checkaccess IP-address email@address [more Exim options] DESCRIPTION
Exim's -bh command line argument allows you to run a fake SMTP session with debugging output, in order to check what Exim is doing when it is applying policy controls to incoming SMTP mail. However, not everybody is sufficiently familiar with the SMTP protocol to be able to make full use of -bh, and sometimes you just want to answer the question "Does this address have access?" without bothering with any fur- ther details. The exim_checkaccess utility is a 'packaged' version of -bh. It takes two arguments, an IP address and an email address: exim_checkaccess 10.9.8.7 A.User@a.domain.example The utility runs a call to Exim with the -bh option, to test whether the given email address would be accepted in a RCPT command in a TCP/IP connection from the host with the given IP address. The output of the utility is either the word 'accepted', or the SMTP error response, for example: Rejected: 550 Relay not permitted When running this test, the utility uses "<>" as the envelope sender address for the MAIL command, but you can change this by providing additional options. These are passed directly to the Exim command. For example, to specify that the test is to be run with the sender address "himself@there.example" you can use: exim_checkaccess 10.9.8.7 A.User@a.domain.example -f himself@there.example Note that these additional Exim command line items must be given after the two mandatory arguments. BUGS
This manual page needs a major re-work. If somebody knows better groff than us and has more experience in writing manual pages, any patches would be greatly appreciated. SEE ALSO
exim(8), /usr/share/doc/exim4-base/ AUTHOR
This manual page was stitched together from spec.txt by Andreas Metzler <ametzler at downhill.at.eu.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). March 26, 2003 EXIM_CHECKACCESS(8)