Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Round the column value :
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Round the column value : Post 302183917 by satyam_sat on Thursday 10th of April 2008 06:03:42 AM
Old 04-10-2008
Bug Round the column value :

Hi ....
Iam having the file ....in which 3rd column is numerical having 8 decimal part... i want that to cut to 2 decimal part ...

Source File :

E100|0|19940.10104030|0|1ABC
E103|1|19942.10195849|3|0ABC
E100|0|19943.10284858|0|1ABC

I want to be ......

Reulst:

E100|0|19940.10|0|1ABC
E103|1|19942.10|3|0ABC
E100|0|19943.10|0|1ABC

Please help me .......

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to round a value

Hello, In a unix shell script,i want to round a variabele to a nearest number Ex: set count=104.4 How can i round that to 105.? Thanks, Sateesh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kotasateesh
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

round in KSH

Is there an easy way to round a number up in Korn shell? ie. 10.4 --> 11 Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: here2learn
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

round a number

In a shell script - How do I round a decimal number (contained in a variable) to the nearest whole number? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: achieve
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Round with awk

Hi, I have a problem. Basically I dont know how to use awk. I have a script (below) which works fine. What I want to do is somehow "pipe" in the input say 4.5 and have it give the anwer, I dont want ot have to type it in, since it will be running in a script. Any ideas how to do this???? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AnnaLynn
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Round off the a Decimal value.

HI, I have a script which is used to calculate the Memory & CPU utilization a server. memx=`ssh -l siebel1 ${f} /usr/sbin/prtconf|grep -i 'Memory size'|tr -s " "|/usr/xpg4/bin/awk -F" " '{print $3 * 1024}'` v5=`ssh -l siebel1 ${f} vmstat 1 2 | tail -1 | tr -s " " | /usr/xpg4/bin/awk -v... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dear_abhi2007
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to round a number

Hey everyone, I was wondering if i am able to write a sed command to round a number to two decimal places. So for example: 1.58674 would be 1.58 I just want to chop off the numbers to the right of the second digit after the period. I know this is probably trivial but the closest i got was... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: GmGeubt
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Round up the decimals

Hi All, I would like to do the following in the shell script 561.76 to 562 I tried using this echo 'scale=0; 749 * 75 /100 ' | bc but just returned only 561 Please help me . I appreciate your help Thanks rajeevm (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeevm
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Round off Number in File

Hi Guys, i am having a csv file where i need to round off numerical column to 2 decimal precision in specific columns. i need to ignore the first two line i.e the header columns and manipulate rest of the lines of the csv file. My columns are specific i.e i need to round off only 2nd,4th and... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Round Up with 2 decimal point at specific column

Input file: USA 20.5683 UK 3.54221 Japan 2.54001 China 2.50897 Germany 2.05816 . . Desired output file: USA 20.57 UK 3.54 Japan 2.54 China 2.51 Germany 2.06 . . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Decimal field round of

Hi, I want to round of decimal numbers in comma seperated lines till 2 decimal numbers. line will be like. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishal0746
4 Replies
hppac(3X)																 hppac(3X)

NAME
hppac: HPPACADDD(), HPPACCMPD(), HPPACCVAD(), HPPACCVBD(), HPPACCVDA(), HPPACCVDB(), HPPACDIVD(), HPPACLONGDIVD(), HPPACMPYD(), HPPAC- NSLD(), HPPACSLD(), HPPACSRD(), HPPACSUBD() - HP 3000-mode packed-decimal library SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
This set of calls invokes the library functions for emulating 3000-mode (MPE V/E) packed-decimal operations. These functions are in library which is searched when the option is used with or ld(1). Performs packed-decimal addition. Compares two packed-decimal numbers. Converts an ASCII representation to packed-decimal. Converts a binary representation to packed-decimal. Converts a packed-decimal number to ASCII. Converts a packed-decimal number to binary. Performs packed-decimal division. Performs packed-decimal division (alternate routine). Performs packed-decimal multiplication. Performs a packed-decimal normalizing left shift. Performs a packed-decimal left shift. Performs a packed-decimal right shift. Performs packed-decimal subtraction. For all operations, the value returned in the variable to which the compcode argument points is one of the following values of type Result > 0 or operand1 > operand2 Result < 0 or operand1 < operand2 Result == 0 or operand1 == operand2 For all operations, the value returned in the variable to which the pacstatus argument points is one of the following values of type Their meanings are intended to be obvious: AUTHOR The HPPAC library was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
PA-RISC Systems Only hppac(3X)