Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Removing spaces between XML tags<XX XX> -> <XXXX> Post 302183876 by sharoff on Thursday 10th of April 2008 04:42:00 AM
Old 04-10-2008
basically the XML shown is the ideal format. I could pass that directly onto my parser and it would work provided the spaces between the <> where removed (which was done with the perl script era provided). Problem comes as i mentioned before, when i have spaces or \n between tags..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing leading and trailing spaces of data between the tags in xml.

I am having xml document as below. <transactionid> 00 </transactionid> <tracknumber> 0 </tracknumber> <key> N/A </key> But the data contains leading and trailing spaces between the tags. Please let me know how can i remove these leading and trailing spaces between the tags.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhmr7
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rm: Unable to remove directory xxxx/xxxx: File exists

Hi Everyone, I am having problem to delete an "empty" folder ( messages attached ). It displays "total 12" when i typed "ls -lart" on the fnxroot44 folder, but i can't view any file. Is there any way to view those unseen files ? I don't know why option "a" is not working this time. Would... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deejay
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing spaces after sperator

Hi friends i have problem 6000000001| CDC049| 109| CDC| 02/02/2006| Auto| New Add| 02/03/2006 6000000002| CDC033| 109| CDC| 02/02/2006| Auto| New Add| 02/03/2006 6000000003| CDC037| 109| CDC| 02/02/2006| Auto| New Add| 02/03/2006 6000000004| CDC031| ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishnu_vaka
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing spaces at particular position

I have a file with delimiter ~ ABC~12~43~TR ~890~poi~YU ~56~65 What I want is to remove spaces from column 4,7 and other columns as it is So, the final file becomes ABC~12~43~TR~890~poi~YU~56~65 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: superprogrammer
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing spaces

hey.. i had a problem with the unix command when i want to remove the white spaces in a string..i guess i cud do it with a sed command but i get an error when i give space in the square brackets.. string="nh hjh llk" p=`echo $string | sed 's/ //g'` i donno how to give space charater and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sahithi_khushi
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing spaces...

Hey, I'm using the command from this thread https://www.unix.com/unix-dummies-questions-answers/590-converting-list-into-line.html to convert vertical lines to horzontal lines. But I need to remove the spaces that is created. Unfortunately I can't figure out where the space is in the code.. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lost
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in removing xml tags

Hi, I have a input xml file like this <postalAddress:>379 PROSPECT ST </postalAddress:> <street:>STE B </street:> <l:>TORRINGTON </l:> <st:>CT</st:> <postalCode:>067905238</postalCode:>... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pintoo
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing blank spaces, tab spaces from file

Hello All, I am trying to remove all tabspaces and all blankspaces from my file using sed & awk, but not getting proper code. Please help me out. My file is like this (<b> means one blank space, <t> means one tab space)- $ cat file NARESH<b><b><b>KUMAR<t><t>PRADHAN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NARESH1302
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script or SED command for [[Xxxx Xxxx Xxxx]] to [[Xxxx xxx xx]]

Hi, To comply with a new naming convention on a mediawiki site we have to run a SED or other PERL command to change all instances of ] or ] or ] to ] Can someone please explain how to do this... It has to be done on a mysql dump, so if there is a way to do this in mysql even... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawstudent
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing unwanted tags from xml file

I have a XML file given as below: "<ProductUOMAlternativeDetails> <removetag> <UOMCode>EA</UOMCode> <numeratorForConversionToBaseUOM>1</numeratorForConversionToBaseUOM> <denominatorForConversionToBaseUOM>1</denominatorForConversionToBaseUOM> <length>0.59</length> <width>0.96</width> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikingh
3 Replies
DOM(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						  DOM(3pm)

NAME
XML::Generator::DOM - XML::Generator subclass for producing DOM trees instead of strings. SYNOPSIS
use XML::Generator::DOM; my $dg = XML::Generator::DOM->new(); my $doc = $dg->xml($dg->xmlcmnt("Test document."), $dg->foo({'baz' => 'bam'}, 42)); print $doc->toString; yields: <?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?> <!--Test document--> <foo baz="bam">42</foo> DESCRIPTION
XML::Generator::DOM subclasses XML::Generator in order to produce DOM trees instead of strings (see XML::Generator and XML::DOM). This module is still experimental and its semantics might change. Essentially, tag methods return XML::DOM::DocumentFragment objects, constructed either from a DOM document passed into the constructor or a default document that XML::Generator::DOM will automatically construct. Calling the xml() method will return this automatically constructed document and cause a fresh one to be constructed for future tag method calls. If you passed in your own document, you may not call the xml() method. Below, we just note the remaining differences in semantics between XML::Generator methods and XML::Generator::DOM methods. CONSTRUCTOR
These configuration options are accepted but have no effect on the semantics of the returned object: escape, pretty, conformance and empty. TAG METHODS
Subsequently, tag method semantics are somewhat different for this module compared to XML::Generator. The primary difference is that tag method return XML::DOM::DocumentFragment objects. Namespace and attribute processing remains the same, but remaining arguments to tag methods must either be text or other XML::DOM::DocumentFragment objects. No escape processing, syntax checking, or output control is done; this is all left up to XML::DOM. SPECIAL TAGS
All special tags are available by default with XML::Generator::DOM; you don't need to use 'conformance' => 'strict'. xmlpi(@args) Arguments will simply be concatenated and passed as the data to the XML::DOM::ProcessingInstruction object that is returned. xmlcmnt Escaping of '--' is done by XML::DOM::Comment, which replaces both hyphens with '&#45;'. An XML::DOM::Comment object is returned. xmldecl Returns an XML::DOM::XMLDecl object. Respects 'version', 'encoding' and 'dtd' settings in the object. xmldecl Returns an XML::DOM::DocumentType object. xmlcdata Returns an XML::DOM::CDATASection object. xml As described above, xml() can only be used when dom_document was not set in the object. The automatically created document will have its XML Declaration set and the arguments to xml() will be appended to it. Then a new DOM document is automatically generated and the old one is returned. This is the only way to get a DOM document from this module. perl v5.12.4 2004-03-23 DOM(3pm)