Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Terminal too wide
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Terminal too wide Post 302183637 by reborg on Wednesday 9th of April 2008 02:23:50 PM
Old 04-09-2008
make your putty window smaller ( less wide ), it is a limitation in pre-solaris10 vi.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FIND function - system wide

Hi, I have a task to search for a file called 'Xstartup' in the whole system because there might be different versions of it which overrite eachother. Can anyone suggest a smart command to run this search ? The machine needs to scan every single folder beginning from root. Please help, I am... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DGoubine
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

system wide password change

Hello, I am new to shell scripting and I was trying to write a script that would force a system wide password change except for admins. I am having some trouble and any help that someone could give me would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to do it by using the UID as the marker for anyone... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kilemark
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

city wide connection

what would be the best way to phyisically connect a series of computerised bus stops to a central computer in a city-wide network?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spitfireuk1
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Terminal too wide error in vi editor.

Hello, I get the error "Terminal too wide" when I use vi editor on a Solaris 10 box. Please help. bash-2.05$ vi rman_backup_prd571.log_20090611 Terminal too wide :q 1 more file to edit:q Regards, Mahive. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahive
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

remote hosts and wide output?

Hello forum: I am curious about some output that I get using an alias <command> on a remote host and I wondered if someone could point me in the right direction. Symptoms: Using "ssh -qi /path/to/key root@som.ipa.ddr.ess mail" (or variation of via alias) only gives a partial textual... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Habitual
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

When trying to open file Message:-Terminal too wide?

Hi, I am trying to open small size file only in vi editor on solaris or Linux machine but it giving message "Terminal too wide" and then I have to come out. As shown below:- -rwxr-x--- 1 rkycadm rkycprd 2445 Sep 12 04:06 $ vi file.txt Terminal too wide :q! ----------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Long to wide format

hi, can you please help me convert my data i have paired comparisons (col 3) in long format for 750 variables (col 1 and 2), i need to convert into wide format. the diagonal must be 0s, and the order doesnt matter. My file is unsorted. example input A B 34 A 88 45 A A23 43 A23 B 4.5... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jianp83
1 Replies

8. AIX

World Wide Name (FLEX)

Does anyone know how to find the Worl Wide Name (WWN) on a IBM flex system ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tharsan
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

System-wide search

When looking for wherever a program or a filename appears in the system, a short scrip is "findinner" which another script calls with a long parameter list consisting of path names ending with ".sh" or ".menu". "findinner" looks like this: # If not .savenn file, show name and result of grep. #... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbport
4 Replies
WCSNCPY(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							WCSNCPY(3)

NAME
wcsncpy - copy a fixed-size string of wide characters SYNOPSIS
#include <wchar.h> wchar_t *wcsncpy(wchar_t *dest, const wchar_t *src, size_t n); DESCRIPTION
The wcsncpy() function is the wide-character equivalent of the strncpy(3) function. It copies at most n wide characters from the wide- character string pointed to by src, including the terminating null wide character (L''), to the array pointed to by dest. Exactly n wide characters are written at dest. If the length wcslen(src) is smaller than n, the remaining wide characters in the array pointed to by dest are filled with null wide characters. If the length wcslen(src) is greater than or equal to n, the string pointed to by dest will not be terminated by a null wide character. The strings may not overlap. The programmer must ensure that there is room for at least n wide characters at dest. RETURN VALUE
wcsncpy() returns dest. ATTRIBUTES
For an explanation of the terms used in this section, see attributes(7). +----------+---------------+---------+ |Interface | Attribute | Value | +----------+---------------+---------+ |wcsncpy() | Thread safety | MT-Safe | +----------+---------------+---------+ CONFORMING TO
POSIX.1-2001, POSIX.1-2008, C99. SEE ALSO
strncpy(3) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2015-08-08 WCSNCPY(3)