Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to find files whose case is unknown Post 302183582 by DukeNuke2 on Wednesday 9th of April 2008 12:54:59 PM
Old 04-09-2008
one exampel:

Code:
find . | grep -i netcool

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

find files where text case is different

I need to search a directory for files that have certain text in the file name. I use the following command to do that successfully - find /abc/indicator -name '*midday*.ind' The problem is some file names are lower case, some mixed case and some upper case. Is there a way to do the find... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: schipper
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find, mv and create unknown parent & subfolders

I searched the forum rather thoroughly but still could not find the answer. Hopefully the solution is right under my nose. Here what I need to do, move older data to a Archive folder that is 18 months old and older. I would like to use the following command, find departmentx/* -mtime 530... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cheeba
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy files from unknown sub-folder

Hi, I want to copy files from a unknown sub-folder to other sub-folder without copying the sub-folder. I tried the command: find . -name Results*.pdf | cp *.* /home/dario/Desktop/ but i always copy the subfolder. Can anybody help? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: limadario
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find iname is being case sensitive

Can someone please tell me why iname is being case sensitive with this? $ find /media -iname *load* 2>/dev/null /media/Part 2/stuff/Downloads /media/Part 1/Application Data/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/wnul4kj4.irc/chatzilla/downloads /media/Part 1/Bob_5-22-2010/Application... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
5 Replies

5. AIX

Unknown files in /tmp

I have a lot of files with the following names in /etc /tmp/<num>.mktcpip like /tmp/934030.mktcpip Anyone knows which process creates these files? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: petervg
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using FIND with case insensitive search

I am using HP-Unix B.11.31. Question: How to do the case insensitive search using FIND? Example: I would like list the files with extension of *.SQL & *.sql. When I try with command find . -type f -name *.sql, it does not lists file with *.SQL. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siva SQL
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cant find a soln for this case

i have a script that runs on a sparc processor when i moved it to an intell processor and trys to run it error : Inavlid argument i have the liberaries on the intel but nothing happened . please help me as fast as you can (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: teefa
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use wild cards to find files beginning with upper and lower case

Im trying to use wild cards to find files that start with either an upper or lower case letter e.g. list files that beginning with b or B, i also want to sort them by the time they were last modified. e.g latest file created first. At the moment i have the following code that ls -d... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: parker4001
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bulk find in UNIX at unknown dir location

Dear All, I have a file which is having a number my_file.csv 032001031 100509001 203001165 there are many more about 5000. I have a path in unix /my_path/my_loc/DEV/RPD10/CPD25/WFM/RK_WFM/OUT/*/ where i will have a file like CPD25_203001165.pdf CPD25_100509001.pdf... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadavricky
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)