Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Problems with any ls attributes Post 302183554 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 9th of April 2008 10:09:15 AM
Old 04-09-2008
What is the filesystem & OS? Do you have an NFS mountpoint right off root?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

rcp and file attributes

Good day Does anyone have an idea on how I can rcp a file together with its attributes. owner,group, permissions ? Regards J (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhansrod
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

file attributes

how do we set file attributes at shell prompt (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hytechpro
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find system attributes

hi, i am very- very new to unix i have os - sun solaris 5.9 and i want to learn more about system attributes for example, the make - model of machine , operating system & patch versions can somebody tell me a usefull command to learn these? any help would be apreciated, regards to all,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: merope
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

file attributes

How to retrieve file attributes in a sh/bash script (modification time, access time, size, etc.)? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hitori
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture all the contents between two attributes

i have a file with contents test123 qwwww sdsad asdasd asdad adadsw sasfar sfaf a afasf OPERATION END i need to grep all the contents from test123 and OPERATION END.Can somebody help me how to do it ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: giri_luck
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Server Migration: Problems with attributes

I am migrating from a host to another and I am trying to mimic the attributes on the old server. Only problem is I can't figure out a fast way. Any recommendations? Initially I thought about listing all my files on my previous host, but for some reason the listing of all files produced... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raykon
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with can't get execution attributes

Hi Gurus, I am trying to create a FS using SVM but system is throwing the following error. newfs /dev/md/rdsk/d1002 newfs: construct a new file system /dev/md/rdsk/d1002: (y/n)? y /usr/sbin/clri: can't get execution attributes (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rama krishna
1 Replies

8. AIX

Identify User Attributes

SOS Guys... Is there any way to determine the user attributes, mainly if that userid is set as never expire? I do not have admin rights, and I'm working on AIX 5.3 I've tried : lsuser -f <username> but no luck on that (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: freakygs
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete files according to attributes

In a directory I have many *.dat *.f files and also binary files created from Fortran compilation that doesn't have a filename extension. Is it possible to delete these binary files according to its attributes? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lost.identity
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

File attributes ????

I'm trying to sort out the charing of a problem folder, in the 'ls -l' list is shows as: d???????????? ? ? ? ? ? Pi-Share PiShare is the name of the directory, all the ??s make no sense to me at all, and no user (there are only two, pi and root) can make any changes to it.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MuntyScrunt
4 Replies
UMOUNT(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						 UMOUNT(8)

NAME
umount -- unmount filesystems SYNOPSIS
umount [-fv] special | node umount -a | -A [-fv] [-h host] [-t type] DESCRIPTION
The umount command calls the unmount(2) system call to remove a special device or the remote node (rhost:path) from the filesystem tree at the point node. If either special or node are not provided, the appropriate information is taken from the list of filesystems provided by getfsent(3). The options are as follows: -a All the filesystems described via getfsent(3) are unmounted. -A All the currently mounted filesystems except the root are unmounted. -f The filesystem is forcibly unmounted. Active special devices continue to work, but all other files return errors if further accesses are attempted. The root filesystem cannot be forcibly unmounted. -h host Only filesystems mounted from the specified host will be unmounted. This option implies the -A option and, unless otherwise speci- fied with the -t option, will only unmount NFS filesystems. -t type Is used to indicate the actions should only be taken on filesystems of the specified type. More than one type may be specified in a comma separated list. The list of filesystem types can be prefixed with ``no'' to specify the filesystem types for which action should not be taken. For example, the umount command: umount -A -t nfs,hfs umounts all currently-mounted filesystems of the type NFS and HFS. (The -a option only unmounts entries in the /etc/fstab list.) -v Verbose, additional information is printed out as each filesystem is unmounted. NOTES
Due to the complex and interwoven nature of Mac OS X, umount may fail often. It is recommended that diskutil(1) (as in, ``diskutil unmount /mnt'') be used instead. SEE ALSO
unmount(2), getfsent(3), mount(8), diskutil(1) HISTORY
A umount command appeared in Version 6 AT&T UNIX. 4th Berkeley Distribution May 8, 1995 4th Berkeley Distribution