Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Want to mv files form one folder to another by date Post 302183436 by SummitElse on Wednesday 9th of April 2008 04:18:33 AM
Old 04-09-2008
Query

Just a quick query does that work on the datestamp of the file and not the actual date format in the file name, I have created the copies of these files from one server to the other so the datestamp will be the same on all of them

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can i delete files in folder by date?

Hi, I have some files on a folder and i want to delete all the files that were created on July. Thanks, Kobi. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kobibn
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

command to list files with path & date in a folder

Hi, I need command to display files with full path and date of files where are generated at every 5hrs in a folder. eg: /u01/app/test/orjthsd_1_1 Sun May 10 19:03:26 2009 /u01/app/test/weoiusd_1_1 Sun May 10 21:00:26 2009 thanks saha (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saha
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfer files with web based form by date

Not sure how I should approach this one. I have server X and Server Y. X is a collector. All files are seperated by hour. Y is used strictly for analysis. I do not always need all files from X. Sometimes other people use Y for analysis and do not always know how to transfer the files from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrlayance
3 Replies

4. Linux

rename files in a folder with date&time stamp

Hi, I want to rename all the files (more than 100 files) in a fodler to another folder with date&time stamp. foe eg, file1.dat file2.dat file3.dat .. to be renamed as file1100629_16_30_15.txt (yy-mon-dd_hh_mi_ss) file1100629_16_30_16.txt .. so on (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: feroz
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh shell script to add date (YYYYMMDDHHMISS) to all .txt files in a folder

Everyday 15 files are written to a folder \app\where\thefiles\are\destined\CURRFOLDER Task1: I need to add date in YYYYMMDDHHMISS format to each of them. Example: File: ACCOUNT.txt Should be updated as: ACCOUNT_20101005175059.txt Task 2: After I update the files, they need to be ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duminix
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

How can I find the size of files added to a folder after a particular date

Hi, I want to find the size of the files added to a folder after a certain date(say 1st of october), I know we can list the files which were created after a certain date , but is there anyway to find the total size of those files ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alookachaloo
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Select all files in a folder based on creation date (ls command)

Hi All, <Re-posting in Correct group> I'm trying to select all the files in a folder that starts with a particular name format and are created in a gven date range using 'ls' command...but i'm not successful.... Example : I'm trying to see all the text files in a folder who names start... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satya C1
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete oldest folder based on folder named as date

Hi, I have a script doing backup to synology server, the script create new folder each day with the date as being folder name i.e. 2018-07-30. Just before creating the new folder I want the script to find the oldest folder from the list and delete it including its content. for example... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: humble_learner
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX script to replace old date with current date dynamically in multiple files present in a folder

I am trying to work on a script where it is a *(star) delimited file has a multiple lines starts with RTG and 3rd column=TD8 I want to substring the date part and I want to replace with currentdate minus 15 days. Here is an example. iam using AIX server $ cat temp.txt RTG*888*TD8*20180201~... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shankar455
1 Replies
AMRESTORE(8)						  System Administration Commands					      AMRESTORE(8)

NAME
amrestore - low-level data-extraction from Amanda volumes SYNOPSIS
amrestore [--config config] [-r | -c | -C] [-b blocksize] [-f filenum] [-l label] [-p] [-h] [-o configoption...] [{changerspec} | {[--holding] holdingfile}] [hostname [ diskname [ datestamp [ hostname [ diskname [ datestamp ... ] ] ] ] ]] Note that this is the only Amanda command which does not take a configuration name as its first argument. DESCRIPTION
Amrestore is a very low-level tool for extracting data from Amanda volumes. It does not consult any catalog information or other metadata, basing its operations only on the headers found on the volume. This makes it an appropriate tool for bare-metal restores of an Amanda server, or other situations where the catalog is not available. See amfetchdump(8) and amrecover(8) for higher-level recoveries. The tool does not reassemble split dumps, but can uncompress compressed dumps. Note that decompression may fail for split parts after the first. If this occurs, extract the parts without decompressing, concatenate them, and decompress the result. Data is restored from the current volume in changerspec, or from the holding file holdingfile. In most cases, changerspec will name a particular device, e.g., tape:/dev/nst0 or s3:mybucket/tape-1. Only dumps matching the dump specification beginning with hostname are extracted. If no specification is given, every file on the volume (or the entire holdingfile) is restored. See the "DUMP SPECIFICATIONS" section of amanda-match(7) for more information. Unless -p is used, candidate backup images are extracted to files in the current directory named: hostname.diskname.datestamp.dumplevel OPTIONS
-b blocksize Use the given blocksize to read the volume. The default is defined by the device. -f filenum Seek to file filenum before beginning the restore operation. -l label Check that the volume has label label. -p Pipe the first matching file to standard output. This is typically used in a shell pipeline to send the data to a process like tar for extraction. -c, -C If the file is not already compressed, compress it using the fastest (-c) or best (-C) compression algorithm. Note that amrestore will not re-compress an already-compressed file. Without either of these options, amrestore will automatically uncompress any compressed files. This option is useful when the destination disk is small. -h Include 32k headers on all output files, similar to a holding file. This header can be read by another application or utility (see Amanda::Header) during the next phase of processing. -r Output raw files. This is similar to -h, but also disables any automatic decompression. Output file names will have a .RAW extension. -o configoption See the "CONFIGURATION OVERRIDE" section in amanda(8). EXAMPLES
The following does an interactive restore of disk rz3g from host seine, to restore particular files. Note the use of the b option to restore, which causes it to read in units of two 512-byte blocks (1 Kbyte) at a time. This helps keep it from complaining about short reads. amrestore -p /dev/nrmt9 seine rz3g | tar -xv The next example extracts all backup images for host seine. This is a typical way to extract all data for a host after a disk crash. amrestore /dev/nrmt9 seine If the backup datestamp in the above example is 20070125 and seine has level 0 backups of disks rz1a and rz1g on the tape, these files will be created in the current directory: seine.rz1a.19910125.0 seine.rz1g.19910125.0 You may also use amrestore to extract a backup image from a holding disk file that has not yet been flushed to tape: amrestore -p /amanda/20001119/seine.rz1a.2 | tar -xv CAVEATS
GNU-tar must be used to restore files from backup images created with the GNUTAR dumptype. Vendor tar programs sometimes fail to read GNU Tar images. SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amanda-match(7), amfetchdump(8), amrecover(8) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHORS
James da Silva <jds@amanda.org> Stefan G. Weichinger <sgw@amanda.org> Dustin J. Mitchell <dustin@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Amanda 3.3.1 02/21/2012 AMRESTORE(8)