Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problems installing a program in Terminal Post 302183299 by era on Tuesday 8th of April 2008 05:41:08 PM
Old 04-08-2008
/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_devel_boost/work/boost_1_34_1/Makefile contains a syntax error. Maybe it didn't download correctly, or you ran out of disk. Can you post the first half-dozen lines from that file? It should be just nerd-readable text.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems installing perl5

Hi!! I have problems installing perl5 in a Tru64 4.0F enviroment, and i need it to install OpenSSL and OpenSSH to establis a SFTP... I'm installing perl 5.8.8 but an error occurr during make test, i ran ./perl harness and the result is the problem is on op/filetest.t I didn't know what to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: irasela
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Problems de-installing NetConnect

I have run into a problem while attempting to de-install netconnect from a Sol8 box. We got an error during the un-install script when it tries to remove SUNWsrsrp. It can't find the srsuser. We have no idea what user was specified initially. I have tried to remove the package on its own, to no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i_am_homer
2 Replies

3. Programming

terminal device control through a C/C++ program

Hi, I want to fork a new process from a daemon that needs terminal attachment to some ttyN or pts/N device. Here is the code #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <fcntl.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <string.h> int main(int... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ku@ntum
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems installing a program through Terminal in Mac OS X

Hey all.. I have a problem with the BitTorrent client called Deluge. (Deluge BitTorrent Client). Followed the guide on their homepage, but can't get it to work. First of all I have installed Xcode Tools 3.0 and MacPorts. I did the "sudo port install deluge" command, and all packages seemed to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sixmax
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Problems installing Solaris 10

I just built my new computer with a q6600 quad core, 4 gig ram, Nvidia vidoo card but when I try to install the latest Solaris 10 on it the keyboard is not being detected when the installation starts so I'm unable to go complete the installation. First I tried a USB keyboard and it didn't work,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: isomorphic
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems running script on remote Terminal

Hi, I'm new here so please excuse any stupidity that occurs in my post :P My situation: Have a java program which I have to run a ridiculous amount of times and put the output data into a text file. Thought the easiest way to do this would be to delve into the world of scripts. I am at home... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lozyness
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Java Problems

Hello, When i attempt to install Java. I get this error code Can someone tell me what im doing wrong. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fob Upset
2 Replies

8. AIX

Installing SAMBA problems

I have created an LPAR and the next step is to get SAMBA installed, I have mounted our NIM server up and copied over the SAMBA binaries .bff files. How do i install these? i tried doing this through SMIT but had no luck..? Any help would be greatly appreciated. AIX OS 6.1 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: audis$
2 Replies

9. Fedora

How to use terminal while keeping a program open?

hi all, I open Matlab program from terminal. However, when I go back to terminal I can't do anything in it , only until Matlab is closed. Can someone please advise me on how I can oversome this problem ? thanks peter (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: peter_071
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Set Proxy In The Terminal & problem Package Installing

Centos Behind The Proxy Server In My System , How Can I Set In Terminal Proxy ( Username & Password ) When Using The Command yum & rpm online I Will Respond Error Thank You For Your Guidance (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnnn
28 Replies
DH_INSTALLDEBCONF(1)                                                 Debhelper                                                DH_INSTALLDEBCONF(1)

NAME
dh_installdebconf - install files used by debconf in package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_installdebconf [debhelperoptions] [-n] [--params] DESCRIPTION
dh_installdebconf is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing files used by debconf into package build directories. It also automatically generates the postrm commands needed to interface with debconf. The commands are added to the maintainer scripts by dh_installdeb. See dh_installdeb(1) for an explanation of how that works. Note that if you use debconf, your package probably needs to depend on it (it will be added to ${misc:Depends} by this program). Note that for your config script to be called by dpkg, your postinst needs to source debconf's confmodule. dh_installdebconf does not install this statement into the postinst automatically as it is too hard to do it right. FILES
debian/package.config This is the debconf config script, and is installed into the DEBIAN directory in the package build directory. Inside the script, the token #DEBHELPER# is replaced with shell script snippets generated by other debhelper commands. debian/package.templates This is the debconf templates file, and is installed into the DEBIAN directory in the package build directory. debian/po/ If this directory is present, this program will automatically use po2debconf(1) to generate merged templates files that include the translations from there. For this to work, your package should build-depend on po-debconf. OPTIONS
-n, --no-scripts Do not modify postrm script. -- params Pass the params to po2debconf. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLDEBCONF(1)