Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Ksh Storing Multiple Files and reading each line in each file. Post 302183284 by developncode on Tuesday 8th of April 2008 04:44:22 PM
Old 04-08-2008
I want the script to read each line of each file in a directory that begins with: 20080402*
and I want it to print output for each file..My first thought was to use an ls command and store the results but I am not sure...I am open to all suggestions..pls help

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH: Reading a file line by line into multiple arrays

Hi - I have a file that contains data in this format:- #comment value1 value2 value3 #comment value4 value5 value6 value7 #comment value8 value9 I need to read value1, value2 and value3 into one array, value4 value5 value6 and value7 into another array and value8 and value9 into a 3rd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sniper57
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Multiple files by reading a input file and changing the contents

Being new to this area .I have been assigned a task which i am unable to do . Can any one please help me . Hi I have requirement where i have input file XYZ_111_999_YYYYMMDD_1.TXT and with header and series of Numbers and Footer. I want to create a mutiple output files with each file having a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhargavkr
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace in Multiple Files by reading a input file

Hi, I have a folder which contains multiple config.xml files and one input file, Please see the below format. Config Files format looks like :- Code: <application name="SAMPLE-ARCHIVE"> <NVPairs name="Global Variables"> <NameValuePair> ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: haiksuresh
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading from a file and storing it in a variable

Hi folks, I'm using bash and would like to do the following. I would like to read some values from the file and store it in the variable and use it. My file is 1.txt and its contents are VERSION=5.6 UPDATE=4 I would like to read "5.6" and "4" and store it in a variable in shell... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptfriend
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to avoid the truncating of multiple spaces into a single space while reading a line from a file?

consider the small piece of code while read line do echo $line done < example content of example file sadasdasdasdsa erwerewrwr ergdgdfgf rgerg erwererwr the output is like sadasdasdasdsa erwerewrwr ergdgdfgf rgerg erwererwr the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kesavan
4 Replies

6. Programming

Reading Scientific notation from file and storing in array

Hi, I am trying to read a set of numbers that are in scientific notation into a file so I can do some math on them, but when I display the array contents the numbers aren't the same as the numbers in the file. Could someone explain why? Thanks. int main() { double fArray; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Filter500
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing multiple file paths in a variable

I am working on a script for Mac OS X that, among many other things, gets a list of all the installed Applications. I am pulling the list from the system_profiler command and formatting it using grep and awk. The problem is that I want to be able to use each result individually later in the script.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cranfordio
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace in Multiple Files by reading a input file

I have a environment property file which contains: Input file: value1 = url1 value2 = url2 value3 = url3 and so on. I need to search all *.xml files under directory for value1 and replace it with url1. Same thing I have to do for all values mentioned in input file. I need script in unix bash... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shamkamde
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with storing the output of multiple sql queries to a file

Hi All, I have a file queries.txt as follows : SELECT COLUMN1 FROM SCHEMA2.TABLE1 MINUS SELECT COLUMN1 FROM SCDEMA2.TABLE2; SELECT COLUMN2 FROM SCHEMA2.TABLE1 MINUS SELECT COLUMN2 FROM SCDEMA2.TABLE2; SELECT COLUMN3 FROM SCHEMA2.TABLE1 MINUS SELECT COLUMN3 FROM SCDEMA2.TABLE2; SELECT... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SriRamKrish
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl command line option '-n','-p' and multiple files: can it know a file name of a printed line?

I am looking for help in processing of those options: '-n' or '-p' I understand what they do and how to use them. But, I would like to use them with more than one file (and without any shell-loop; loading the 'perl' once.) I did try it and -n works on 2 files. Question is: - is it possible to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
6 Replies
gdcmscanner(1)							       GDCM							    gdcmscanner(1)

NAME
gdcmscanner - Scan a directory containing DICOM files. SYNOPSIS
gdcmscanner [options] directory DESCRIPTION
The gdcmscanner is a command line tool to quickly extract value from a set of DICOM attribute in a DICOM File-Set. PARAMETERS -d --dir DICOM directory -t --tag %d,%d DICOM tag(s) to look for options -p --print Print output. -r --recursive Recusively descend directory. general options -h --help print this help text and exit -v --version print version information and exit -V --verbose verbose mode (warning+error). -W --warning warning mode, print warning information -E --error error mode, print error information -D --debug debug mode, print debug information Typical usage Simple usage In order to display all the value for Patient Name (0010,0010) in the directory name gdcmData, simply do: $ gdcmscanner -t 10,10 -d gdcmData -p Complex usage Because gdcmscanner does not support progress, you have to wait until all files are traversed to see any results. This is quite cumbersome, on UNIX this can be worked around with the following trick: $ find gdcmData -type d -exec gdcmscanner -t 10,10 -d {} -p ; So all directory are locally traversed (no child directory are recursively traversed), which means results comes out much faster. SEE ALSO
gdcmdump(1), gdcmraw(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006-2011 Mathieu Malaterre Version 2.2.0 Tue Feb 5 2013 gdcmscanner(1)