Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to get path and check in if statement Post 302183253 by eltinator on Tuesday 8th of April 2008 03:24:26 PM
Old 04-08-2008
well reason why im confused is that when i tried to run the script it errors in the if condition. it gives me this...

/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Home: No such file or directory

where that path is the $JAVA_HOME. It shouldn't matter if that file or directory exist right, I just want to check that value which is the problem

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

check a statement -- yes/no

this statement "Be sure to have /usr/bin before /usr/local/bin in your $PATH" is because, if u have any files in bin directory, /usr/local/bin will be the first place to look at instead of /usr/bin. BUT, /usr/local/bin has one more descending directory to go , therefore /usr/bin has to come before... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to check the actual path instead of link path

Hi I have a path link /test/df/link1/actual/file1 here link1 is actually a softlink link1= a/b i need to print the ACTUAL FULL path instead of a linked path is there any direct command to print the actual path of any linked path eg showPhyscialPath /test/df/link1/actual/file1 and it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: reldb
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

check if specified path is in $PATH

echo $PATH | grep "\/usr\/ucb" is not working using sh-posix The problem is very simle. I want to check '/usr/ucb' is in the PATH environment variable. If i simply grep '/usr/ucb' i might got wrong result eg '/usr/ucb/bin'. After the path an end of line or colon character should be. In... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fpeter75
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if a file exists using the if statement

Hi, I'm trying to write a bit of code that will check if a file exists and then archives the file Im trying to use the following if statement without success.. if then mv filename archive/filename else echo "no filename exists" fi Should the file name be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jazmania
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

check file is there not in linux using if statement

How to check file is there not in linux using if statement ? Please do put one example if possible. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nskbalu
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

using if statement to check file size

Hi, Am trying to execute certain commands if the condition satisfied, but i feel i am making some mistakes in the usage of if statement here is the code #!/bin/ksh SIZE=$(ls -ltr /aemu/ws/DN.txt | tr -s ' ' | cut -d ' ' -f 5) filename=`TZ=CST+24 date +%Y%m%d` ZERO=0 if then cp... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

IF statement to check file exists

Hi All, If i run below copy command, it works absolutely fine, /opt/csw/bin/scp axetlxyz01:/opt/data/test/QURIES* ./input I want to make the above line better, by adding an IF statement, want to check if there is any file exists with name QURIES*.* then i need to copy that. if ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkrgarlapati
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing a PATH statement

I have a script that will be placing a trigger file for other applications. The user-inputted path is similar to: "/data/region/NorthAm/Project HAV 8H" The project path will not change throughout the script. However, pwd changes as the scanning continues in the script. I need to truncate... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: leepet
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

If statement to check file transfer

Hello Guys, I am trying scp few file within if statement, but getting error, can someone please help to understand, what mistake I am making ? if && ] ; then echo " Files transferred to Log servers successfully. " else echo " One or more file transfer failed over... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: UnknownGuy
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to escape the @ character in an if statement check?

Hi, I am running a shell script that has to verify a password with an if statement. The password has an @ in it. I am having problems getting the if statement to test for the password. The @ causes problem. I tried the standard backslash escape but it did not work for me. How can I do it? I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
2 Replies
AIRPORT2-PORTINSPECTOR(1)				      General Commands Manual					 AIRPORT2-PORTINSPECTOR(1)

NAME
airport2-portinspector - Port maps inspector for the Apple AirPort Extreme Base Station ("Snow") SYNOPSIS
airport2-portinspector DESCRIPTION
airport2-portinspector allows you to inspect the port maps used by the hosts associated with your base station. OPTIONS
airport2-portinspector accepts no command-line options. airport2-portinspector is a wrapper script around the PortInspector.jar jar file located in /usr/share/java/airport-utils. You can set the JAVACMD environment variable to use a specific JVM instead of the one chosen by the wrapper script. Set the DEBUG environ- ment variable to 1 to get the debug output from the wrapper script. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
DEBUG Set this variable to 1 to get the debug output from the wrapper script. JAVACMD The full path to the Java Virtual Machine to use. By default, the wrapper uses JAVACMD; if it is not set, it looks for JAVA_BINDIR/java, then for JAVA_HOME/bin/java before looking for a java executable in the PATH. In the latter case, the JVM used can be configured using the Debian alternatives system (see update-alternatives(8)). JAVA_HOME The full path where your JDK/JRE is installed. JAVA_BINDIR The full path to the directory where the java executable is located. JAVA_ARGS Extra command-line arguments to be passed to the Java Virtual Machine. AUTHOR
airport2-portinspector was written by Jon Sevy <jsevy@cs.drexel.edu>. This manual page was written by Julien BLACHE <jblache@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). May 20, 2006 AIRPORT2-PORTINSPECTOR(1)