Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX [Help] Give privilege to an ordinary user Post 302183237 by prichard on Tuesday 8th of April 2008 02:56:23 PM
Old 04-08-2008
Possibly sudo would work. If you don't have it installed you can get it from IBM AIX Toolbox Download Page - Alphabetical Listing

Then as root enter "visudo" and add a line that reads

username hostname=/usr/IBMIHS/bin/apachectl

Where username is the name of the user you want to run apachectl and hostname is the hostname of the AIX box you want this run on.

I think that will work. However, I don't have a good way to check your specific configuration.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Write privilege for user

Is it possible to grant write privileges to a user on a directory with out having to add the user to a group or make the user the owner of the directory? My background is in Windows and in Windows you can grant specific privileges to a user without having to put the user in a group or making the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: here2learn
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

switching user from root to ordinary user

Good day Guys!!! I am currently making a script in AIX, the script runs a SAS job, the owner of the script is the root, but the SAS jobs cannot be run by the root, as it should be run by a user 'sasia'. But inside the script, root creates a logfile, so what I need is just to su to sasia for the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasia
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i change to super user then revert back to ordinary user ,using shell script?

Hi all, I am trying to eject the cdrom from a livecd after certain stage... Now assuming that it is possible to eject,please consider my issue!!! The OS boots into a regular user by default...so i am unable to use the eject command to push out the drive... However if i try pfexec eject it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
3 Replies

4. Linux

grant root privileges to ordinary user

Hi, Is it possible to grant root privileges to an ordinary user? Other than 'sudo', is there some way under Users/Groups configuration? I want ordinary user to be able to mount, umount and use command mt. /Brendan (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brendan76
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to give an ordinary user the superuser (root) ID which is 0

How to give an ordinary user the superuser (root) ID which is 0 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharaola
9 Replies

6. Solaris

Root privilege for user

Can anyone please tell how to give root privilege to a normal user in solaris 10? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicktrix
5 Replies

7. AIX

User Privilege

How to assign superuser privilege to an ordinary user temporarily (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: udtyuvaraj
1 Replies

8. AIX

sudo - User privilege specification

I am planning to implement sudo for users. Under , it looks I have to put the users who need to have sudo access: What are the recommended for users? I don't think I need to give the ALL privilege (i.e ) to AIX users. I'd like to know the commonly used privilege specification for sudo... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find ordinary files in directory input by user

I need to make a shell script that accepts a directory input by the user. The program searches for the directory and finds if it exists or not. Then if it does exist, it outputs the number of files within that directory. Here's what I have so far. result= echo "Please input a directory:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: itech4814
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create user with different privilege

Hi , I want to create 3 different user with below privilege in Solaris and Linux. 1) Read Only 2)Read and Write Only 3) Admin user Can you guys help me on this . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naveen Pathak
3 Replies
NET-SERVER(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    NET-SERVER(1p)

NAME
net-server - Base Net::Server starting module SYNOPSIS
net-server [base type] [net server arguments] net-server PreFork ipv '*' net-server HTTP net-server HTTP app foo.cgi net-server HTTP app foo.cgi app /=bar.cgi net-server HTTP port 8080 port 8443/ssl ipv '*' server_type PreFork --SSL_key_file=my.key --SSL_cert_file=my.crt access_log_file STDERR DESCRIPTION
The net-server program gives a simple way to test out code and try port connection parameters. Though the running server can be robust enough for full tim use, it is anticipated that this binary will just be used for basic testing of net-server ports, acting as a simple echo server, or for running development scripts as CGI. OPTIONS
"base type" The very first argument may be a Net::Server flavor. This is given as shorthand for writing out server_type "ServerFlavor". Additionally, this allows types such as HTTP and PSGI, which are not true Net::Server base types, to subclass other server types via an additional server_type argument. net-server PreFork net-server HTTP # becomes a HTTP server in the Fork flavor net-server HTTP server_type PreFork # preforking HTTP server "port" Port to bind upon. Default is 80 if running a HTTP server as root, 8080 if running a HTTP server as non-root, or 20203 otherwise. Multiple value can be given for binding to multiple ports. All of the methods for specifying port attributes enumerated in Net::Server and Net::Server::Proto are available here. net-server port 20201 net-server port 20202 net-server port 20203/IPv6 "host" Host to bind to. Default is *. Will bind to an IPv4 socket if an IPv4 address is given. Will bind to an IPv6 socket if an IPv6 address is given (requires installation of IO::Socket::INET6). If a hostname is given and "ipv" is still set to 4, an IPv4 socket will be created. If a hostname is given and "ipv" is set to 6, an IPv6 socket will be created. If a hostname is given and "ipv" is set to * (default), a lookup will be performed and any available IPv4 or IPv6 addresses will be bound. The "ipv" parameter can be set directly, or passed along in the port, or additionally can be passed as part of the hostname. net-server host localhost net-server host localhost/IPv4 There are many more options available. Please see the Net::Server documentation. AUTHOR
Paul Seamons <paul at seamons.com> LICENSE
This package may be distributed under the terms of either the GNU General Public License or the Perl Artistic License perl v5.14.2 2012-06-12 NET-SERVER(1p)