Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting replace string in XML with sed Post 302183229 by Franklin52 on Tuesday 8th of April 2008 02:42:55 PM
Old 04-08-2008
If you replace the whole line this should be suffice:

Code:
sed 's#<name>.*#<name>SOMETHING</name>#' file.xml

Regards

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to replace a string in file with a string in a variable that contains spaces

Hi, i call my shell like: my_shell "my project name" my script: #!/bin/bash -vx projectname=$1 sed s/'PROJECT_NAME ='/'PROJECT_NAME = '$projectname/ <test_config_doxy >temp cp temp test_config_doxy the following error occurres: sed s/'PROJECT_NAME ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivelafete
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed :Search and Replace a string pattern with empty in an xml file in unix

Search and Replace a string pattern with empty in an xml file in unix: My xml file would be like this : <Accounts><Name>Harish</Name><mobile>90844444444444445999 </mobile><TRIG>srcujim-1</TRIG></Accounts><Accounts><Name>Satish</Name><mobile>908999</mobile><TRIG>ettertrtt-1</TRIG></Accounts> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: harish_s_ampeo
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i use sed to replace a keyword in an xml file?

Hello Unix gurus! I'm a unix newbie. Can I use sed to replace a keyword in an xml file and convert this keyword with an output of a unix cat command? for example: <test>keyword</test> and temp.txt = hello! I would like to replace "keyword" with the output of "cat temp.txt". I think... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4dirk1
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace (sed?) a string in file with multiple lines (string) from variable

Can someone tell me how I can do this? e.g: a=$(echo -e wert trewt ertert ertert ertert erttert erterte rterter tertertert ert) How do i replace the STRING with $a? I try this: sed -i 's/STRING/'"$a"'/g' filename.ext but this don' t work (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jforce
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk command to replace a string pattern with another string based on position of this string

here is what i want to achieve... consider a file contains below contents. the file size is large about 60mb cat dump.sql INSERT INTO `table1` (`id`, `action`, `date`, `descrip`, `lastModified`) VALUES (1,'Change','2011-05-05 00:00:00','Account Updated','2012-02-10... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and replace the string with new word using xml tags

Hi All i need to replace the url1 inside <remote> tag in below xml in first instance and in the second instance with url2. any help appreciated <locations> <hudson.scm.SubversionSCM_-ModuleLocation> <remote>https://svn2015.com/svn/repos/internalshard</remote> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: madankumar.t@hp
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a string in a xml file

Hello, I have below xml file, I want to find line default-value and replace the string within quotes followed by default-value "moni/Websphere/". Replace moni/Websphere/ with monitor/AMQ/ <monitor> <name>WebsphereMqMonitor</name> <type>managed</type> <argument... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prince1987
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string in XML file with awk/sed with string from another

Sorry for the long/weird title but I'm stuck on a problem I have. I have this XML file: </member> <member> <name>TransactionID</name> <value><string>123456789123456</string></value> </member> <member> <name>Number</name> ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cozzin
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed search and replace after xml tag

Hi All, I'm new to sed. In following XML file <interface type='direct'> <mac address='52:54:00:86:ce:f6'/> <source dev='eno1' mode='bridge'/> <model type='virtio'/> <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x03' function='0x0'/> </interface> ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: varunrapelly
8 Replies
SVK::Log::Filter::XML(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  SVK::Log::Filter::XML(3)

NAME
SVK::Log::Filter::XML - display log messages in XML format SYNOPSIS
> svk log --xml <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <log> <logentry revision="1234" original="456"> <author>author</author> <date>2006-05-16T15:43:28.889532Z</date> <msg>This is the commit message for the revision.</msg> </logentry> </log> > svk log --output xml ... DESCRIPTION
The XML filter is an output filter for displaying log messages in XML format. The organization of the XML format should be self- explanatory after a little experimentation. The format is designed to be compatible with Subversion's XML output, so you should be able to use tools like <http://ch.tudelft.nl/~arthur/svn2cl/> without any modification. However, since SVK supports arbitary log filters (see SVK::Log::Filter for details on writing one), it may be easier to write your own output format than to process the XML. This filter is invoked implicitly when you specify the "--xml" argument to SVK's log command. Two arguments to the log command modify XML's behavior. quiet Providing this command-line option to the log command prevents the XML filter from displaying the contents of the log message. All other information is displayed as usual. verbose Providing this command-line option to the log command makes the XML filter display history information for each revision. The history includes the kind of modification (modify, add, delete) and any copy history for each path that was modified in the revision. STASH
/PROPERTY MODIFICATIONS XML leaves all properties and the stash intact. perl v5.10.0 2008-08-04 SVK::Log::Filter::XML(3)