Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting replace string in XML with sed Post 302183229 by Franklin52 on Tuesday 8th of April 2008 02:42:55 PM
Old 04-08-2008
If you replace the whole line this should be suffice:

Code:
sed 's#<name>.*#<name>SOMETHING</name>#' file.xml

Regards

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to replace a string in file with a string in a variable that contains spaces

Hi, i call my shell like: my_shell "my project name" my script: #!/bin/bash -vx projectname=$1 sed s/'PROJECT_NAME ='/'PROJECT_NAME = '$projectname/ <test_config_doxy >temp cp temp test_config_doxy the following error occurres: sed s/'PROJECT_NAME ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivelafete
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed :Search and Replace a string pattern with empty in an xml file in unix

Search and Replace a string pattern with empty in an xml file in unix: My xml file would be like this : <Accounts><Name>Harish</Name><mobile>90844444444444445999 </mobile><TRIG>srcujim-1</TRIG></Accounts><Accounts><Name>Satish</Name><mobile>908999</mobile><TRIG>ettertrtt-1</TRIG></Accounts> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: harish_s_ampeo
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i use sed to replace a keyword in an xml file?

Hello Unix gurus! I'm a unix newbie. Can I use sed to replace a keyword in an xml file and convert this keyword with an output of a unix cat command? for example: <test>keyword</test> and temp.txt = hello! I would like to replace "keyword" with the output of "cat temp.txt". I think... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4dirk1
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace (sed?) a string in file with multiple lines (string) from variable

Can someone tell me how I can do this? e.g: a=$(echo -e wert trewt ertert ertert ertert erttert erterte rterter tertertert ert) How do i replace the STRING with $a? I try this: sed -i 's/STRING/'"$a"'/g' filename.ext but this don' t work (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jforce
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk command to replace a string pattern with another string based on position of this string

here is what i want to achieve... consider a file contains below contents. the file size is large about 60mb cat dump.sql INSERT INTO `table1` (`id`, `action`, `date`, `descrip`, `lastModified`) VALUES (1,'Change','2011-05-05 00:00:00','Account Updated','2012-02-10... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and replace the string with new word using xml tags

Hi All i need to replace the url1 inside <remote> tag in below xml in first instance and in the second instance with url2. any help appreciated <locations> <hudson.scm.SubversionSCM_-ModuleLocation> <remote>https://svn2015.com/svn/repos/internalshard</remote> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: madankumar.t@hp
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a string in a xml file

Hello, I have below xml file, I want to find line default-value and replace the string within quotes followed by default-value "moni/Websphere/". Replace moni/Websphere/ with monitor/AMQ/ <monitor> <name>WebsphereMqMonitor</name> <type>managed</type> <argument... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prince1987
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string in XML file with awk/sed with string from another

Sorry for the long/weird title but I'm stuck on a problem I have. I have this XML file: </member> <member> <name>TransactionID</name> <value><string>123456789123456</string></value> </member> <member> <name>Number</name> ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cozzin
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed search and replace after xml tag

Hi All, I'm new to sed. In following XML file <interface type='direct'> <mac address='52:54:00:86:ce:f6'/> <source dev='eno1' mode='bridge'/> <model type='virtio'/> <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x03' function='0x0'/> </interface> ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: varunrapelly
8 Replies
MKDoc::XML::Decode(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   MKDoc::XML::Decode(3pm)

NAME
MKDoc::XML::Decode - Expands XML entities SYNOPSIS
use MKDoc::XML::Decode; my $decode = new MKDoc::XML::Decode qw/xml xhtml numeric/; # $xml is now "Chris' Baloon" my $xml = MKDoc::XML::Decode->process ("Chris&apos; Baloon"); SUMMARY
MKDoc::XML::Decode is a very simple module with pluggable entity decoding mechanism. At the moment there are three modules: xml - Decodes &apos; &quot; &gt; &lt; and &amp; xhtml - Decodes XHTML entities such as &eacute; numeric - Decodes numeric entities such as &#65; That's it. This module and its counterpart MKDoc::XML::Encode are used by MKDoc::XML::Dumper to XML-encode and XML-decode litterals. API
my $decode_object = new MKDoc::XML::Decode (@modules); Constructs a new decode object using the modules specified in @modules. my $decoded = $decode_object->decode ($stuff); Decodes $stuff and returns it into $decoded. Any entity which is not recognized will be returned as is but will trigger a warning. AUTHOR
Copyright 2003 - MKDoc Holdings Ltd. Author: Jean-Michel Hiver This module is free software and is distributed under the same license as Perl itself. Use it at your own risk. SEE ALSO
MKDoc::XML::Encode perl v5.10.1 2004-10-06 MKDoc::XML::Decode(3pm)