Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to get path and check in if statement Post 302183227 by eltinator on Tuesday 8th of April 2008 02:39:30 PM
Old 04-08-2008
How to get path and check in if statement

Hi,

I was wondering if it possible to get the path of a variable and compare that to something. Basically I want to write a script that checks if my $JAVA_HOME is correct and if not then it sets it. So far I have...

Code:
if [[$JAVA_HOME != '/pathhere']]
then
export JAVA_HOME='/pathhere'
echo JAVA_HOME='/pathhere'
fi

Problem is that the script can't seem to understand that I want to compare the path $JAVA_HOME and not what's in there. Anyone know how to just extract the path from that already set variable? Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

check a statement -- yes/no

this statement "Be sure to have /usr/bin before /usr/local/bin in your $PATH" is because, if u have any files in bin directory, /usr/local/bin will be the first place to look at instead of /usr/bin. BUT, /usr/local/bin has one more descending directory to go , therefore /usr/bin has to come before... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to check the actual path instead of link path

Hi I have a path link /test/df/link1/actual/file1 here link1 is actually a softlink link1= a/b i need to print the ACTUAL FULL path instead of a linked path is there any direct command to print the actual path of any linked path eg showPhyscialPath /test/df/link1/actual/file1 and it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: reldb
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

check if specified path is in $PATH

echo $PATH | grep "\/usr\/ucb" is not working using sh-posix The problem is very simle. I want to check '/usr/ucb' is in the PATH environment variable. If i simply grep '/usr/ucb' i might got wrong result eg '/usr/ucb/bin'. After the path an end of line or colon character should be. In... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fpeter75
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if a file exists using the if statement

Hi, I'm trying to write a bit of code that will check if a file exists and then archives the file Im trying to use the following if statement without success.. if then mv filename archive/filename else echo "no filename exists" fi Should the file name be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jazmania
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

check file is there not in linux using if statement

How to check file is there not in linux using if statement ? Please do put one example if possible. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nskbalu
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

using if statement to check file size

Hi, Am trying to execute certain commands if the condition satisfied, but i feel i am making some mistakes in the usage of if statement here is the code #!/bin/ksh SIZE=$(ls -ltr /aemu/ws/DN.txt | tr -s ' ' | cut -d ' ' -f 5) filename=`TZ=CST+24 date +%Y%m%d` ZERO=0 if then cp... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

IF statement to check file exists

Hi All, If i run below copy command, it works absolutely fine, /opt/csw/bin/scp axetlxyz01:/opt/data/test/QURIES* ./input I want to make the above line better, by adding an IF statement, want to check if there is any file exists with name QURIES*.* then i need to copy that. if ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkrgarlapati
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing a PATH statement

I have a script that will be placing a trigger file for other applications. The user-inputted path is similar to: "/data/region/NorthAm/Project HAV 8H" The project path will not change throughout the script. However, pwd changes as the scanning continues in the script. I need to truncate... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: leepet
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

If statement to check file transfer

Hello Guys, I am trying scp few file within if statement, but getting error, can someone please help to understand, what mistake I am making ? if && ] ; then echo " Files transferred to Log servers successfully. " else echo " One or more file transfer failed over... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: UnknownGuy
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to escape the @ character in an if statement check?

Hi, I am running a shell script that has to verify a password with an if statement. The password has an @ in it. I am having problems getting the if statement to test for the password. The @ causes problem. I tried the standard backslash escape but it did not work for me. How can I do it? I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
2 Replies
AIRPORT2-PORTINSPECTOR(1)				      General Commands Manual					 AIRPORT2-PORTINSPECTOR(1)

NAME
airport2-portinspector - Port maps inspector for the Apple AirPort Extreme Base Station ("Snow") SYNOPSIS
airport2-portinspector DESCRIPTION
airport2-portinspector allows you to inspect the port maps used by the hosts associated with your base station. OPTIONS
airport2-portinspector accepts no command-line options. airport2-portinspector is a wrapper script around the PortInspector.jar jar file located in /usr/share/java/airport-utils. You can set the JAVACMD environment variable to use a specific JVM instead of the one chosen by the wrapper script. Set the DEBUG environ- ment variable to 1 to get the debug output from the wrapper script. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
DEBUG Set this variable to 1 to get the debug output from the wrapper script. JAVACMD The full path to the Java Virtual Machine to use. By default, the wrapper uses JAVACMD; if it is not set, it looks for JAVA_BINDIR/java, then for JAVA_HOME/bin/java before looking for a java executable in the PATH. In the latter case, the JVM used can be configured using the Debian alternatives system (see update-alternatives(8)). JAVA_HOME The full path where your JDK/JRE is installed. JAVA_BINDIR The full path to the directory where the java executable is located. JAVA_ARGS Extra command-line arguments to be passed to the Java Virtual Machine. AUTHOR
airport2-portinspector was written by Jon Sevy <jsevy@cs.drexel.edu>. This manual page was written by Julien BLACHE <jblache@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). May 20, 2006 AIRPORT2-PORTINSPECTOR(1)