Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed remove everything up to the pattern Post 302183209 by katrvu on Tuesday 8th of April 2008 01:32:55 PM
Old 04-08-2008
sed remove everything up to the pattern

I have been search all over the internet to find a solution to this.
I have a file that looks like:

-a ItemConfig.custom=true
-a Config.custom=true
go -t malu
-t Use=true

I want to get "malu" as output, and the werid thing is the blank before go is neither space nor tab.
what's the sed command to get the line contains "go -t" and remove everything up to -t????Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED: how to remove newline after pattern?

Hi, I have the following XML not well-indented code: <hallo >this is a line </hallo> So I need to remove the newline. This syntax finds what I need to correct, but I don't know how to remove the newline after my pattern: sed 's/<.*$/&/' How can I subtract the newline after my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nico.ben
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove pattern with sed

Hi, i want to remove a certain pattern when i type pwd. pwd will look like this: ..../....../....../Pat_logs/..../....../...../...... the dotted lines are just random directory names, i want it to remove the "Pat_logs/...../....../....../" part so for example: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: a27wang
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[solved] remove pattern with sed

Hi, i want to remove a certain pattern when i type pwd. pwd will look like this: ..../....../....../Pat_logs/..../....../...../...... the dotted lines are just random directory names, i want it to remove the "Pat_logs/...../....../....../" part so for example: ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: a27wang
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need an awk / sed / or perl one-liner to remove last 4 characters with non-unique pattern.

Hi, I'm writing a ksh script and trying to use an awk / sed / or perl one-liner to remove the last 4 characters of a line in a file if it begins with a period. Here is the contents of the file... the column in which I want to remove the last 4 characters is the last column. ($6 in awk). I've... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove caret (^) symbol from pattern using sed

Hi, I am trying to remove the caret symbol from a bash variable. This is the variable: var="GOTAN^TOK^B"and this is the code I am trying to use to remove the caret symbol: nocarrot=`echo $var | sed -e 's/^/_/g'`This is the output intended (but not acheived with the above function):... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: goodbenito
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk-sed help : to remove first and last line with pattern match:

awk , sed Experts, I want to remove first and last line after pattern match "vg" : I am trying : # sed '1d;$d' works fine , but where the last line is not having vg entry it is deleting one line of data. - So it should check for the pattern vg if present , then it should delete the line ,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - remove space and . for a pattern

Hi, I have file which contains following lines A| 965.|Mr.|35.45| 66. B| 33.| a456.| 77. The output should be A|965|Mr.|35.45|66 B|33| a456.|77 Basically if a Number has space in prefix and . in suffix remove both. So pattern could be if there is a | which has next two characters as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wahi80
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to remove newline chars based on pattern mis-match

Greetings Experts, I am in AIX; I have a file generated through awk after processing the input files. Now I need to replace or remove the new-line characters on all lines that doesn't have a ; which is the last character on the line. I tried to use sed 's/\n/ /g' After checking through the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to remove next 15 lines after pattern in Solaris

Team, I am trying to use sed to delete 15 lines, after pattern patch, which includes the pattern as well in Solaris. I used the below command, as we do it Linux, but it's not working as expected in Solaris. I am getting the error as "garbled".sed '/\/table/,+15d' status.html sed: command... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagaraj R
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk with sed to combine lines and remove specific odd # pattern from line

In the awk piped to sed below I am trying to format file by removing the odd xxxx_digits and whitespace after, then move the even xxxx_digit to the line above it and add a space between them. There may be multiple lines in file but they are in the same format. The Filename_ID line is the last line... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
MatchEditor(3I) 					    InterViews Reference Manual 					   MatchEditor(3I)

NAME
MatchEditor - StringEditor with pattern matching SYNOPSIS
#include <InterViews/matcheditor.h> DESCRIPTION
MatchEditor is a StringEditor subclass that checks the validity of its contents against a specified pattern. It is suitable for entering strings that must conform to a particular format such as a number or a file name. The matching pattern is specified according to the rules of scanf(3). For example, a pattern of "%3d" will match a 3-digit integer, a pattern of "%[ab]" will match a string containing only a's and b's, and a pattern of "(%f, %f)" will match the string "(12.0, 5E23)". PUBLIC OPERATIONS
MatchEditor(ButtonState*, const char* sample, const char* done) Create a new MatchEditor object. The ButtonState, sample string, and termination string are passed to the StringEditor constructor. void Match(const char* pattern, boolean keystroke = true) Specify the pattern to match against. When MatchEditor performs matching, it will highlight any trailing part of the edit string that does not conform to pattern. The user can then correct the string. If keystroke is true, matching will occur on every key- stroke; otherwise matching will only occur on the completion of the edit. The initial pattern matches any string, and the initial value of keystroke is true. RESTRICTIONS
MatchEditor uses sscanf internally to check the pattern match. Different versions of sscanf have different scanning capabilities; check with your local version to see what patterns you can use. SEE ALSO
StringEditor(3I) InterViews 7 Dec 1989 MatchEditor(3I)