Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl: Match a line with multiple search patterns Post 302183151 by danmero on Tuesday 8th of April 2008 12:13:58 PM
Old 04-08-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinADC
It is not clear if you need to check for all the patterns or any of the patterns:
Look like the OP ask for all patterns on the same line
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juha
....I want to find a line that has "abd", "123" and "QWERTY" and there can be any characters or numbers between the serach patterns...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - How to search a text file with multiple patterns?

Good day, great gurus, I'm new to Perl, and programming in general. I'm trying to retrieve a column of data from my text file which spans a non-specific number of lines. So I did a regexp that will pick out the columns. However,my pattern would vary. I tried using a foreach loop unsuccessfully.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sp3ck
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

print lines which match multiple patterns

Hi, I have a text file as follows: 11:38:11.054 run1_rdseq avg_2-5 999988.0000 1024.0000 11:50:52.053 run3_rdrand 999988.0000 1135.0 128.0417 11:53:18.050 run4_wrrand avg_2-5 999988.0000 8180.5833 11:55:42.051 run4_wrrand avg_2-5 999988.0000 213.8333 11:55:06.053... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: annazpereira
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search multiple patterns in multiple files

Hi, I have to write one script that has to search a list of numbers in certain zipped files. For eg. one file file1.txt contains the numbers. File1.txt contains 5,00,000 numbers and I have to search each number in zipped files(The number of zipped files are around 1000 each file is 5 MB) I have... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsachan
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match multiple patterns in a file and then print their respective next line

Dear all, I need to search multiple patterns and then I need to print their respective next lines. For an example, in the below table, I will look for 3 different patterns : 1) # ATC_Codes: 2) # Generic_Name: 3) # Drug_Target_1_Gene_Name: #BEGIN_DRUGCARD DB00001 # AHFS_Codes:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshwaniSharma09
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

search multiple patterns

I have two lists in a file that look like a b b a e f c d f e d c I would like a final list a b c d e f I've tried multiple grep and awk but can't get it to work (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: godzilla07
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search Multiple patterns in unix

Hi, I tried to search multiple pattern using awk trans=1234 reason=LN MISMATCH rec=`awk '/$trans/ && /'"$reason"'/' file` whenevr i tried to run on command promt it is executing but when i tried to implment same logic in shell script,it is failing i.e $rec is empty ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ns64110
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search patterns in multiple logs parallelly.

Hi All, I am starting a service which will redirect its out put into 2 logs say A and B. Now for succesful startup of the service i need to search pattern1 in log A and pattern2 in log B which are writen continuosly. Now my requirement is to find the patterns in the increasing logs A and B... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Girish19
19 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match multiple patterns sequentially in order - grep or awk

Hello. grep v2.21 Debian 8 I wish to search for and output these patterns in order; "From " "To: " "Subject: " "Message-Id: " "Date: " "To: " grep works, but not in strict order... $ grep -a -E "^From |^Subject:|^From: |^Message-Id: |^Date: |^To: " InboxResult; From - Wed Feb 18... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: DSommers
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search Multiple patterns and display

Hi, I have scenario like below and need to search for multiple patterns Eg: Test Time Started= secs Time Ended = secc Green test Test Time Started= secs Time Ended = secc Green test Output: I need to display the text starting with Test and starting with Time... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: weknowd
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk pattern match by looping through search patterns

Hi I am using Solaris 5.10 & ksh Wanted to loop through a pattern file by reading it and passing it to the awk to match that value present in column 1 of rawdata.txt , if so print column 1 & 2 in to Avlblpatterns.txt. Using the following code but it seems some mistakes and it is running for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananan
2 Replies
case(n) 						       Tcl Built-In Commands							   case(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
case - Evaluate one of several scripts, depending on a given value SYNOPSIS
case string ?in? patList body ?patList body ...? case string ?in? {patList body ?patList body ...?} _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Note: the case command is obsolete and is supported only for backward compatibility. At some point in the future it may be removed entirely. You should use the switch command instead. The case command matches string against each of the patList arguments in order. Each patList argument is a list of one or more patterns. If any of these patterns matches string then case evaluates the following body argument by passing it recursively to the Tcl interpreter and returns the result of that evaluation. Each patList argument consists of a single pattern or list of patterns. Each pattern may con- tain any of the wild-cards described under string match. If a patList argument is default, the corresponding body will be evaluated if no patList matches string. If no patList argument matches string and no default is given, then the case command returns an empty string. Two syntaxes are provided for the patList and body arguments. The first uses a separate argument for each of the patterns and commands; this form is convenient if substitutions are desired on some of the patterns or commands. The second form places all of the patterns and commands together into a single argument; the argument must have proper list structure, with the elements of the list being the patterns and commands. The second form makes it easy to construct multi-line case commands, since the braces around the whole list make it unneces- sary to include a backslash at the end of each line. Since the patList arguments are in braces in the second form, no command or variable substitutions are performed on them; this makes the behavior of the second form different than the first form in some cases. SEE ALSO
switch(n) KEYWORDS
case, match, regular expression Tcl 7.0 case(n)