Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ftp question
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ftp question Post 302183116 by namishtiwari on Tuesday 8th of April 2008 09:55:54 AM
Old 04-08-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgt
Depending on the source and destination operating systems, using ascii mode will cause <lf> characters to be translated to <cr-lf> and vise-versa.
If you are sending a non text file and this occurs, you could effectively destroy the value of the received file.
Thanks for the information jgt.....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP question

Hi all, I have a simple script that runs each night and transfers a number of files to a remote server. Before files are transferred existing files on the remote box are deleted. All works OK except the deletion part on the remote box returning no such file or directory. As work around Ihave... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tzp2ft
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP Question

I am really new to unix and want to setup an ftp server on my PC I am running a Ultra 5 with solaris 9 on it. I cannot seem to find *any* documentation on how to do this. So I was hoping somebody could point me in the right direction. :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ls=dir
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP Question

Hi, I'm attempting to FTP several files using MGET. My problem is that I need to cd to a directory with this naming convention: YYMMDDHHMM - where the hour and minute is unknown When I issue cd /ftpdirectory/YYMMDD* from FTP, I receive "No such file or directory I need a way to get the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kdreaves
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP Question

When a user FTP's to their own directory, they can go up the directory and view others files, of course they can not overwrite them but are able to download them if they wish to, is there any way to stop them from view their files and have them be only able to view files that they have permissions... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: foresthillian
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP Question

Once a file is ftped to a server is there a way that you can prevent that file from being overwritten if the same process tries to ftp a file with the same name again? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lesstjm
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP Question

I'm basically trying to FTP a file to a differnt node, first putting the FTP commmands into a text file and then piping the commands file into the ftp command as follows.... echo "user $USERNAME $PASSWORD" > ftp_cmds echo "put $SQLOUT /users/$USERNAME/$SQLOUT" >> ftp_cmds echo "quit" >>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: djkane
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP Question

How do you limit an ftp user access to a certain Unix path when putting/getting file to/from your server? And how do you restrict the ftp user from using "cd" or "ls" commands? Given that the ftp user knows the ftp userid, password, and your server ip address. Thanks in advanced :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: XZOR
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question on FTP

Hi All, I'm new to this group and this is my first post to this group. I need to write a shell script for the requirement given below: 1. I need to connect to a ftp server with my username and password 2. I need to go to some(input) directory. 3. I will have files with same names and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ranjith_taurean
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP question

HI In my script its like this ------------ echo "Enter filename" read fname ftp -v -n abcd.efh.kk.com << EOF user userid pwd bin mget $fname.tar--not working if i give "$fname", works only as "demo.tar" bye ------------ My target is to get a $fname.tar from a remote host.How... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolkid
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp question

I have this FTP script: ADDR=168.218.95.172 ftp -inv $ADDR <<- ftpcmds user HEHCFTP H$h673sp ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lena keung
3 Replies
transfer::data::destination(n)				     Data transfer facilities				    transfer::data::destination(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
transfer::data::destination - Data destination SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require snit ?1.0? package require transfer::data::destination ?0.1? transfer::data::destination object ?options...? object destroy object put chunk object done object valid msgvar object receive channel done _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides objects mainly describing the destination of a data transfer. They are also able to initiate the reception of infor- mation from a channel into the described destination. API
transfer::data::destination object ?options...? This command creates and configures a new destination object. The fully qualified name of the object command is returned as the result of the command. The recognized options are listed below. It should be noted that all are semi-exclusive, each specifying a different type of desti- nation and associated information. If these options are specified more than once then the last option specified is used to actually configure the object. -channel handle This option specifies that the destination of the data is a channel, and its associated argument is the handle of the channel to write the received data to. -file path This option specifies that the destination of the data is a file, and its associated argument is the path of the file to write the received data to. -variable varname This option specifies that the destination of the data is a variable, and its associated argument contains the name of the variable to write the received data to. The variable is assumed to be global or namespaced, anchored at the global namespace. object destroy This method destroys the object. Doing so while the object is busy with the reception of information from a channel will cause errors later on, when the reception completes and tries to access the now missing data structures of the destroyed object. object put chunk The main receptor method. Saves the received chunk of data into the configured destination. It has to be called for each piece of data received. object done The secondary receptor method. Finalizes the receiver. It has to be called when the receiving channel signals EOF. Afterward neither itself nor method put can be called anymore. object valid msgvar This method checks the configuration of the object for validity. It returns a boolean flag as result, whose value is True if the object is valid, and False otherwise. In the latter case the variable whose name is stored in msgvar is set to an error message describing the problem found with the configuration. Otherwise this variable is not touched. object receive channel done This method initiates the reception of data from the specified channel. The received data will be stored into the configured desti- nation, via calls to the methods put and done. When the reception completes the command prefix done is invoked, with the number of received characters appended to it as the sole additional argument. KEYWORDS
channel, copy, data destination, transfer COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> transfer 0.1 transfer::data::destination(n)