Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Overwritten /dev/root -recovery of SCO OpenServer 5.0.4 Post 302183113 by jgt on Tuesday 8th of April 2008 09:51:09 AM
Old 04-08-2008
How does it go.... he who play in root eventually kill tree.

Re-install the operating system, add the tape drive, make new boot floppies, then restore the root file system from the backup.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help For SCO OpenServer

I've just installed Unix SCO OpenServer System v in an Intel PC and Everithing ok, except just one thing, in the begining of the installation the wizard asked me about the mouse , i have a generic 3 buttons mouse and i took a logitech and did not work i need to change the mouse configuration, ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyvaldes
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sco openserver 5.5

hello! when i try to make my system dual boot with both win98 & sco open server 5.5 it doesn't work at all.neither win98 take start nor sco open server boots.what should i do ? kindly help me thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: buntty
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCO 5.0.2 openserver

I am doing some work for a customer that is running SCO 5.0.2 openserver and they have lost their cd. Is there anyplace I can download it? I have a replacement being shipped but it will not be here for two days and they are down. Any ideals? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SCOoT
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO Openserver 6.0

Hi there guys. I just got this new SCO version and i'm having some problem printing from shell, This is what i'm typing at the # sign : lp -dHP /etc/hosts and it prints no problem but when i use any other user at the $ sign it gives me this error. /dev/fd/7: /usr/lib/lp/sysv/7: not found. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: josramon
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO Openserver 6.0

Hi guys, I just got this new 6.0 version and i'm trying to setup a remote office to telnet to this server running sco 6.0, in previous version all i have to do is add this file under /etc/rc2.d call S99route and put the gate in that file and that was it, for some reason in 6.0 it does not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: josramon
1 Replies

6. SCO

sco openserver 5.0.7

Dear members when i installed dual processor patch in openserver 5.0.7 in hp ML370 G4 server it hangs in sco at G_hd_config. i tried MP4, EFS 5.64,5.70A but not solved the problem.. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: M_farooqui
0 Replies

7. SCO

sco openserver 5.0.0 boot / root disk

Hi, I have an openserver 5.0.0 machine in the office. The sysad of that machine left years ago without leaving the password to anyone. I was wondering if someone has a copy of the boot / root diskettes (rescue) for this version? Or perhaps if anyone knows a download link / location in the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcpascual
0 Replies

8. SCO

I need SCO Openserver 4.2!!!!

I need SCO Openserver 4.2. Please, give me distributive of that version SCO:eek: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: caine
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Data Recovery from file system overwritten with LVM.

Hey peeps, Here is somethin u might find interestin.... Is it possible to recover data from a partition which used to be an ext3 file sytem with some nice forgotten backups, which now is an lvm partion containg root partition of another OS. :) I couldn't create any mess better than this, can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: squid04
2 Replies

10. SCO

SCO Openserver 5 root password and disk full

Hi, We have an old SCO Openserver 5.0.7 server that I have inherited that currently has two issues that we are trying to resolve. 1. We do not know the root password. I have contacted the old admin, looked for rescue disk and documentation but there appears to be nothing. I have tried... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: acerimmer10
1 Replies
cpio.h(3HEAD)							      Headers							     cpio.h(3HEAD)

NAME
cpio.h, cpio - cpio archive values SYNOPSIS
#include <cpio.h> DESCRIPTION
Values needed by the c_mode field of the cpio archive format are described as follows: Name Description ----------------------------------------------------------- C_IRUSR Read by owner C_IWUSR Write by owner C_IXUSR Execute by owner C_IRGRP Read by group C_IWGRP Write by group C_IXGRP Execute by group C_IROTH Read by others C_IWOTH Write by others C_IXOTH Execute by others C_ISUID Set user ID C_ISGID Set group ID C_ISVTX On directories, restricted deletion flag C_ISDIR Directory C_ISFIFO FIFO C_ISREG Regular file C_ISBLK Block special C_ISCHR Character special C_ISCTG Reserved C_ISLNK Symbolic link C_ISSOCK Socket The header defines the symbolic constant: MAGIC "070707" ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pax(1), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 10 Sep 2004 cpio.h(3HEAD)