Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Archive large debug files without cp Post 302183083 by firdousamir on Tuesday 8th of April 2008 08:51:20 AM
Old 04-08-2008
Age 79/Helper, Thanks for response. Both the ideas suggested gone in my mind already, especially the Age79 approach.

However, what I'm concerned is that If I do

mv $i
touch $i

This may have an impact on the C++ program as the file handler changes internally? Am I talking sense?

Helper,
find . -type f -size +1000 2>/dev/null | xargs tar -cvf testingtar.tar

Is good but still it's not recovering the demerit I've mentioned. As I have to cleanup the files also using ">" probably, I'll loose some data when I cleanup after the above operation.

Anyway, goog points. Appreciated.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archive files

Hi All, I wrote this script: #!/bin/ksh while read DAYS ARCH_PATH do cd $ARCH_PATH find . \( -type d ! -name . -prune \) -o -type f -mtime +$DAYS -exec tar -cv f kay_`date +%d%m%y%H%M`.tar {} \; cd - done < filestoarchive.txt The problem is, in a folder of 7files, I would... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayarsenal
13 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archive script old files

Hi All, Im trying to write a script to archive files based on the date the files were created. For example, if a group of files were created on 23rd August,I would have 230806.tar. I have a problem,I want the script to read a separately created file(readarchive.txt) to look for the path to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kayarsenal
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare two files using while and sed .. debug my script please

Hi, I'm a newbie to Linux. I have not done programming before, but I accidentally stumble upon Linux scripts at work about 2 weeks ago. I got interested and write scripts to automate my job duties. I need to write a script to compare 2 files (very long list) side by side so it's easier to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: shamushamu
10 Replies

4. Solaris

Tar too large to archive. Use E function modifier.

hey all, i am trying to tar up a folder with sub folders the over all size will be about 70gb but when i use the normal command tar -cvf tar -cvf CLPSI_PRU_Escrow_31994.tar CLPSI_PRU_Escrow_31994 i get an error tar: CLPSI_PRU_Escrow_31994/dump1/PROD_SAE_jria3_dump.5 too large to archive. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dshakey
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archive Files

I have 15-20 files in a unix folder on daily basis, so i need to archive those 20 files as dated today and place that archived files in a new folder and has to remove those 20 files from that folder. so that i place 20 new files that comes for tomorrow. i need write a unix script to do this. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gaddamshashank
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Divide large data files into smaller files

Hello everyone! I have 2 types of files in the following format: 1) *.fa >1234 ...some text... >2345 ...some text... >3456 ...some text... . . . . 2) *.info >1234 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad23
7 Replies

7. Solaris

How to safely copy full filesystems with large files (10Gb files)

Hello everyone. Need some help copying a filesystem. The situation is this: I have an oracle DB mounted on /u01 and need to copy it to /u02. /u01 is 500 Gb and /u02 is 300 Gb. The size used on /u01 is 187 Gb. This is running on solaris 9 and both filesystems are UFS. I have tried to do it using:... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragonov7
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archive files which has more than one row

Hello Guys Please treat this as urgent . Can you please kindly help me to know how to archive files in a directory which has more than one row Thanks for your time and help!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to archive old files from the recently added 10 files?

Hi there, I am very new to unix and having trouble with a fairly simple statement: cd /user ls -t -c1 | sed -ne '11,$p' | mv xargs archive/ What I want the code to do is sort all files in a directory by timestamp, select all of the files after the 10th file, and then move those files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DSIReady
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check files and archive the files using sftp

Hi, I have to check the files in another server using sftp to do that, below is the code i am going with #!/bin/bash export SRC_FOLDER=$1 export ARC_FOLDER=$2 HOST=as07u3456 USER=relfag sftp ${USER}@${HOST} <<EOF cd $SRC_FOLDER/DSCOR ls bye EOF echo "done" whatever the files i... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ursrami
8 Replies
pthread_cleanup_pop(3T) 												   pthread_cleanup_pop(3T)

NAME
pthread_cleanup_pop(), pthread_cleanup_push() - remove or register a cancellation cleanup handler SYNOPSIS
PARAMETERS
routine Routine registered as a cancellation cleanup handler. arg Parameter to be passed to the cancellation cleanup handler execute Indicates if the popped cancellation cleanup handler is to be executed. DESCRIPTION
installs the cancellation cleanup handler routine onto the calling thread's cancellation cleanup stack. This handler will be popped from the calling thread's cancellation cleanup stack and called with the arg parameter when any of the following occur: (a) the thread calls or returns from its start routine. (b) the thread acts upon a cancellation request. (c) the thread calls with a non-zero execute argument. When a thread terminates, it will execute each of the cancellation cleanup handlers on its cancellation cleanup stack. These handlers will be popped and executed in the reverse order that they were installed ( removes the cancellation cleanup handler at the top of the calling thread's cancellation stack. If execute is non-zero, the cancellation cleanup handler is called after it is removed from the cancellation stack. If execute is zero, the cancellation cleanup handler is simply removed and will not be called. and must appear as statements and in pairs within the same lexical scope. These functions may be macros which contain the opening '{' in the push function and the closing '}' in the pop function. Calling or is undefined if there have been any calls to or made without the matching call since the jump buffer was filled. Calling or from inside a cancellation cleanup handler results in undefined behavior unless the corresponding or was also done inside the cancellation cleanup handler. RETURN VALUE
The and functions must be used as statements. They do not have return values or errors. ERRORS
None. WARNINGS
The functions and must be called in the same lexical scope or the result is undefined behavior. AUTHOR
and were derived from the IEEE POSIX P1003.1c standard. SEE ALSO
pthread_cancel(3T), pthread_setcancelstate(3T). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
Pthread Library pthread_cleanup_pop(3T)