Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sed Script in TCL
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sed Script in TCL Post 302183082 by MrG-San on Tuesday 8th of April 2008 08:49:49 AM
Old 04-08-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramen_noodle
Looks like one of the the old linux kernel scripts.
Short answer. Don't do this.
Long answer...I don't think many people are going to help you with a
parser<->interpreter problem. It becomes complicated quickly and without good reason.
OK, so what are you suggesting I do? - create this in tcl?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

TCL TK SCRIPT Help Please

Hi Seniors, Need a help from your end. I am new to scripting and still in the learning process of scripting. I have written a script on TCL TK. This is the script that i have written. if { $EssEntityType == "rss_user" && $EssAction == "Insert" } { puts $fp " Ess Action :$EssAction" ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tech90210
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

expect TCL script

Hello, I write a TCL script for Expect/ Telnet. I want to send command to the telnet server. But I want to close after the command is sent. Anybody know which command can flush the expect so I can sure the command is sent to the telnet server??? EX: send "./command1\r" close... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linboco
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error calling TCL script from shell script

hello everyone i am beginner on shell scripting .and i am working on my project work on ad hoc network i wrote a batch (.sh) to do a looping and execute a tcl script i wrote before in each iteration ..but i got this problem " syntax error near unexpected token `('... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marcoss90
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

TCL script in PERL

Hi all, I am trying to run a tcl script in a perl script. Now my problem is when I run the tcl script from the perl script it runs very slowly but when I run the tcl script individually it is running at expected speed. What could be the problem?? Help please!!!! Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirock
0 Replies

5. Programming

Tcl script

Dear Users I'm struck by while the following tcl script. foreach l { set w($l) {} set fsum 0 foreach ftemp $f($l) { set fsum lappend w($l) $fsum } } It shows me error as "missing operand at _@_ in expression "0.10308400000000001 + _@_* 0.4 * 1" ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bala06
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with TCL script

I need to read a file, the file has a table in it. From the table I need to choose all the rows for which AVG 2 value is greater than 0.050 and write them on to a separate file. Please help me with the TCL script for this. Thanks in Advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonystark
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split in tcl script

Hi All, I have a string re_em="NODE_NAME=ABCDEF;NODE_TYPE=ghijkl;CIRCLE=jkl;Serving_Circle=abcdefghthjk;DOMAIN_TYPE=1234;REGION=12345;ZONE=12334;SOURCE_TYPE=dhfkdkfjdjf" I want to split this string and convert it into array so that i can easily access any value like NODE_NAME or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sujit_kashyap
2 Replies

8. Programming

Csh script and tcl

I have csh script and call tck command but it do nothing. can you help me? I only can see it echo #!/bin/csh -f set mypath = `pwd` echo $mypath if ($mypath =~ *PLL*) then echo "source ../PreBoot.qel" else if ($mypath !~ *PLL*) then echo "source ../hdfuse.qel" endif if i remove... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sabercats
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error in tcl script

hi all , i am trying to link a file with another file present in some other location in tcl shell. This is the way i am doing it if {} { file link /data/athena_dev/tanvi/tcl/tanvi.log "/data/athena_dev/tanvi/tanvi.tcl" } I am getting the error that /data/athena_dev/tanvi/tcl/ta nvi.log... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: harjinder
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

TCL script help

Hi All , I am having a file as stated below File 1 chain = chan6 group = grp0 input = '/pad_pc10' output = '/pad_pb7' length = 9900 chain = chan2 group = grp0 input = '/pad_pa4' output = '/pad_pb12' length = 10000 chain = chan7 group = grp0 input = '/pad_pb2' output =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kshitij
1 Replies
BZEXE(1)						      General Commands Manual							  BZEXE(1)

NAME
bzexe - compress executable files in place SYNOPSIS
bzexe [ name ... ] DESCRIPTION
The bzexe utility allows you to compress executables in place and have them automatically uncompress and execute when you run them (at a penalty in performance). For example if you execute ``bzexe /bin/cat'' it will create the following two files: -r-xr-xr-x 1 root bin 9644 Feb 11 11:16 /bin/cat -r-xr-xr-x 1 bin bin 24576 Nov 23 13:21 /bin/cat~ /bin/cat~ is the original file and /bin/cat is the self-uncompressing executable file. You can remove /bin/cat~ once you are sure that /bin/cat works properly. This utility is most useful on systems with very small disks. OPTIONS
-d Decompress the given executables instead of compressing them. SEE ALSO
bzip2(1), znew(1), zmore(1), zcmp(1), zforce(1) CAVEATS
The compressed executable is a shell script. This may create some security holes. In particular, the compressed executable relies on the PATH environment variable to find gzip and some other utilities (tail, chmod, ln, sleep). BUGS
bzexe attempts to retain the original file attributes on the compressed executable, but you may have to fix them manually in some cases, using chmod or chown. BZEXE(1)