Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ILOM to unix host
Operating Systems Solaris ILOM to unix host Post 302183076 by fabrice on Tuesday 8th of April 2008 08:36:31 AM
Old 04-08-2008
Hi,

I updated to firmware 2.0.2.1 (last version as far as I could see), but this did not change anything.

Regarding the rights, there is no user but the ones created by default, so I fear this is not a "simple" rights problem.

I'm still looking for the idea that would fix this problem...

Thanks for the help anyway !

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Unix virtual host detection

I have a need to write scripts that can reliably determine the virtual host of a Sun Solaris system. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Meridian
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Unix virtual host detection

Is it possible to reliably detect the virtual host of a Sun Solaris box, within a shell or Perl script? Can a system have multiple virtual host or not host at all ? I was recently made aware of hostname command, but was not sure if this option was the only one available. Any help is much... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meridian
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix / Host explorer

Anyone know where I can get a download of a unix / aix explorer (pref with X-Windows) to run from Windows XP, as I transfer files between the two systems on a frequent basis. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching for HOST NAME in UNIX

Hello, I am new to UNIX OS and I am planning to learn on how to use it since I was granted with the joy of being responsible of SCO UNIX on our network :-) So, can someone please tell me how to search for a particular string on our UNIX box specifying a server name...??? For some reason... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: George26
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Excuting UNIX Functions under several username and host

Hi, I am facing a issue in one of my script, Please help me on the same. Below I have the example. Example: I have two functions(host(),user()) in a single file named test1.ksh File Name: test1.ksh host () { HOST=`hostname` echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samvino
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to determine if a host is connected to the Internet in Unix?

How to determine if a host is connected to the Internet in Unix ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shuhang2
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix: print on printer on another machine (host)

Hi all,sorry for my english but i don't speak it very well. I have a problem, i need to print a file from a unix machine to a printer on another unix machine (with another host). I think that it's possible making a connection with telnet to this machine and after to print on the machine in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giugy
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp to UNIX host

Hi, I am writing a shell script that securely connects to an UNIX host and transfer file(abc.txt) from the local machine to the host. sftp user@host get abc.txt bye The code doesn't work.. It throws error at line 2: get :Unknown get command. How can I rectify this problem? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kishore_1
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX script to use ssh to host

I am doing an old-school command to get an inventory to many host using ssh thru Solaris machine. Please help me find a way thru script to get this automized. This will make me lazy but will surely benefit out of it. thanks in advance. Process I am doing: Host IPs (examples): 10.210.1.2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TripleHar
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Best performance UNIX just for HOST Virtualization?

Hi everybody, Which Unix base OS have best performance for HOST virtualization? I tested SmartOS but it needs another OS to connect remotely! Thanks in advance. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbzadegan
11 Replies
NWGRANT(8)							      nwgrant								NWGRANT(8)

NAME
nwgrant - Add Trustee Rights to a directory SYNOPSIS
nwgrant [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] [ -o object name ] [ -t type ] [ -r rights ] file/directory DESCRIPTION
nwgrant adds the specified bindery object with the corresponding trustee rights to the directory. nwgrant looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server, a user name and possibly a password. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of $HOME/.nwclient MUST be 600 for security reasons. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the user name to use for login. -P password password is the password to use for login. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, nwgrant prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if no password is required for the login. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. -o object name The name of the object to be added as trustee. -t object type The type of the object. Object type must be specified as a decimal value. Common values are 1 for user objects, 2 for group objects and 3 for print queues. Other values are allowed, but are usually used for specialized applications. If you do not specify object type, object name is taken as NDS name. -r rights You must tell nwgrant which rights it should grant to the bindery object. The new rights for the object is specified by rights, which can be either a hexadecimal number representing the sum of all the individual rights to be granted or a string containing characters representing each right. If rights are represented in string format then the string must be bounded with square brackets. Characters within the brackets may be in any order and in either case. Spaces are allowed between the brackets - in which case the entire string should be quoted. Hexadecimal and character values for the rights are shown in this table: 00 = no access 01 = read access = R 02 = write access = W 08 = create access = C 10 = delete access = E 20 = ownership access = A 40 = search access = F 80 = modify access = M 100 = supervisory access = S for a possible total of "1fb" or "[SRWCEMFA]" for all rights. file/directory You must specify the directory to which to add the object as trustee. This has to be done in fully qualified NetWare notation. Example: nwgrant -S NWSERVER -o linus -t 1 -r fb 'data:homelinus' With this example, user linus is given all rights except supervisory to his home directory on the data volume. This example assumes the existence of the file $HOME/.nwclient. nwgrant -o linus -t 1 -r fb /home/linus/ncpfs/data/home/linus With this example, user linus is given all rights except supervisory to his home directory on the data volume. This example assumes that NWSERVER is already mounted on /home/linus/ncpfs mountpoint. AUTHORS
nwgrant was written by Volker Lendecke with the corresponding NetWare utility in mind. See the Changes file of ncpfs for other contribu- tors. nwgrant 5/19/2000 NWGRANT(8)