Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed command to delete row
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed command to delete row Post 302182989 by anhtt on Tuesday 8th of April 2008 03:07:35 AM
Old 04-08-2008
I wrote a script "deleteEVDO" name. I want to run to command as below:
./deleteEVDO MIN

From the "MIN" variable, I want to search "MIN" in a EVDO_A12.users file.
If a row has the MIN variable, I would delete that row and one previous, one next row.

How can I do this ? Who has another way that don't use sed command ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED: delete matching row and 4 next rows?

Hi, Tried to look for solution, and found something similar but could not adapt the solution for my needs.. I'm trying to match a pattern (in this case "ProcessType")in a logfile, then delete that line and the 4 following lines. The logfile looks as follows: ProcessType: PROCESS_A... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juha
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to delete points in a certain colum

Dear Unix users, I have a (I think simple) question; I have a file (out.dat) like below, the file contains some line which include 'LOS' string. . LOS 46.5360 91.0220 200708.2515.4900. 5400 64 1100010 . . I would like to delete the points in 4th... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgunduz
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting blank line and row containing certain words in single sed command

Hi Is it possible to do the following in a single command /usr/xpg4/bin/sed -e '/rows selected/d' /aemu/CALLAUTO/callauto.txt > /aemu/CALLAUTO/callautonew.txt /usr/xpg4/bin/sed -e '/^$/d' /aemu/CALLAUTO/callautonew.txt > /aemu/CALLAUTO/callauto_new.txt exit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED delete only first line command - Help need

Can any one help me how the sed delete only first line command (D) works. sed -f sedcmds File.txt In this how the sed delete only first line command (D) works to delete the blank lines appearing more than ones leaving only one blank and deleting others blanks. While doing step by step when... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwgreen1
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete a line between selected lines using sed or any other command

I want to delete a line between selected lines using sed: e.g. : Between "bus" to "pins", delete lines conaining "signal" word. Input : bus direction signal new signal old pins signal ok end Desired Output: bus direction pins signal end (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nehashine
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to delete line

HI, Im using the below commmand to delete lines having "(" at the start of a line. sed -e '/^(/d' But i need a command to delete lines that has only "(" in it and no other strings. infile - asdf asdf ( asdf ( asd outfile (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dvah
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete the line with a particular string in a file using sed command.

Hello, I want to delete all lines with given string in file1 and the string val is dynamic. Can this be done using sed command. Sample: vars="test twinning yellow" for i in $vars do grep $i file1 if then echo "Do Nothing" else sed `/$i/d` file1 fi done Using the above... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: PrasadAruna
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to delete everything after > on line

I have a large data file that I need to edit. There are lines like, > <IDNUMBER> (ST000002) > <SUPPLIER> (ST000002) > <IDNUMBER> (ST000004) > <SUPPLIER> (ST000004) and I need to delete everything after the >, excepting the end of line. > <IDNUMBER> > <SUPPLIER> > <IDNUMBER> > ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to delete a pattern in a file

Hi Everyone, I have an unusual requirement. Here is where i am stuck for sometime now... I have this text file.. lets say .. output.sql... it has lot of entries... here below is part of the entry... .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete line from file using sed command?

hello Team, I want to delete below linux using sed command but I am getting error.sed -i '/url=/status.cgi?hostgroup=/d' 3 error:sed: -e expression #1, char 32: unknown option to `s' Could you please help me with correct syntax. My line contain / character because of that I am getting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghpradeep
4 Replies
cgeqrt.f(3)							      LAPACK							       cgeqrt.f(3)

NAME
cgeqrt.f - SYNOPSIS
Functions/Subroutines subroutine cgeqrt (M, N, NB, A, LDA, T, LDT, WORK, INFO) CGEQRT Function/Subroutine Documentation subroutine cgeqrt (integerM, integerN, integerNB, complex, dimension( lda, * )A, integerLDA, complex, dimension( ldt, * )T, integerLDT, complex, dimension( * )WORK, integerINFO) CGEQRT Purpose: CGEQRT computes a blocked QR factorization of a complex M-by-N matrix A using the compact WY representation of Q. Parameters: M M is INTEGER The number of rows of the matrix A. M >= 0. N N is INTEGER The number of columns of the matrix A. N >= 0. NB NB is INTEGER The block size to be used in the blocked QR. MIN(M,N) >= NB >= 1. A A is COMPLEX array, dimension (LDA,N) On entry, the M-by-N matrix A. On exit, the elements on and above the diagonal of the array contain the min(M,N)-by-N upper trapezoidal matrix R (R is upper triangular if M >= N); the elements below the diagonal are the columns of V. LDA LDA is INTEGER The leading dimension of the array A. LDA >= max(1,M). T T is COMPLEX array, dimension (LDT,MIN(M,N)) The upper triangular block reflectors stored in compact form as a sequence of upper triangular blocks. See below for further details. LDT LDT is INTEGER The leading dimension of the array T. LDT >= NB. WORK WORK is COMPLEX array, dimension (NB*N) INFO INFO is INTEGER = 0: successful exit < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value Author: Univ. of Tennessee Univ. of California Berkeley Univ. of Colorado Denver NAG Ltd. Date: November 2011 Further Details: The matrix V stores the elementary reflectors H(i) in the i-th column below the diagonal. For example, if M=5 and N=3, the matrix V is V = ( 1 ) ( v1 1 ) ( v1 v2 1 ) ( v1 v2 v3 ) ( v1 v2 v3 ) where the vi's represent the vectors which define H(i), which are returned in the matrix A. The 1's along the diagonal of V are not stored in A. Let K=MIN(M,N). The number of blocks is B = ceiling(K/NB), where each block is of order NB except for the last block, which is of order IB = K - (B-1)*NB. For each of the B blocks, a upper triangular block reflector factor is computed: T1, T2, ..., TB. The NB-by-NB (and IB-by-IB for the last block) T's are stored in the NB-by-N matrix T as T = (T1 T2 ... TB). Definition at line 142 of file cgeqrt.f. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for LAPACK from the source code. Version 3.4.2 Tue Sep 25 2012 cgeqrt.f(3)