Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to store the first content of the folder in a variable?(Urgent) Post 302182986 by era on Tuesday 8th of April 2008 03:04:33 AM
Old 04-08-2008
Drop the -l from ls -l -- only the file name was requested.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

{Urgent very need help} script for conn oracle and get the content

hi experts, very need help about script how to login into oracle database and select a table and append the query into a file. i have oracle database and have a table named omc_ip with fields like host_id(varchar2(20)),ip(varchar2(10)) and update_date(date). i want to build a script that... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: bucci
15 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to spilit a row into fields and store the field content to the array

consider this is a line A#B#C#D#E#F#G#H note the delimeter is # i want to cut or spilt in to fields using the delimeter # and to store in an array. like this array=A array=B array=C array=D array=E and the array content should be displayed. echo "${array}" echo "${array}"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: barani75
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to store command inside a shell variable, and run the variable

Hi, I am trying to do the following thing var='date' $var Above command substitutes date for and in turn runs the date command and i am getting the todays date value. I am trying to do the same thing as following, but facing some problems, unique_host_pro="sed -e ' /#/d'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvinayagam
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store content from array to Spread_sheet using perl

How to store the content from array to either "row-column" or "column-row" order? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavi.mogu
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all content in folder and not show any stderr/stdout

Hi i am a newbie, and have trying something that looked easy at first sight. in this script i want to delete all the files and directories in subdirectory1 (but not delete subdirectory1) and dont show any stderr or stdout messages: i try this but the stderr and stdout is shown...and it says... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bash100
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to store the csv files into a particular folder

I want to write a unix shellScript should store the csv files. into a paticular folder (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RaghavendraT
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

I want to read the content of a specific folder

Why does not work a cd in a shell schript file. How do you get to run it? I use these code: #!/bin/sh cd workspace array=($(ls -d */)) echo ${array} But it doesn't change to workspace editby bakunin: please user CODE-tags as required by the rules. Thank you. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linuxmann
12 Replies
rmf(1)							      General Commands Manual							    rmf(1)

NAME
rmf - remove folder (only available within the message handling system, mh) SYNOPSIS
rmf [+folder] [-help] [-[no]interactive] OPTIONS
Prints a list of the valid options to this command. Asks for confirmation before deleting a folder. By default, rmf deletes a folder and its messages without asking for confirmation. If you specify the -interactive option, rmf asks if you are sure before deleting the folder. You are advised to use this option, since when rmf deletes a folder its contents are lost irretrievably. DESCRIPTION
The rmf command removes all of the messages within the current folder, and then removes the folder itself. If there are any files within the folder which are not part of MH, they are not removed, and an error message is displayed. You can specify a folder other than the current folder by using the +folder argument. If you do not specify a folder, and rmf cannot find the current folder,rmf asks you whether you want to delete +inbox instead. If the current folder is removed, it makes +inbox current. Note that the rmf command irreversibly deletes messages that do not have other links, so use it with caution. If the folder being removed is a sub-folder, the parent folder becomes the new current folder, and rmf tells you that this has happened. This provides an easy mechanism for selecting a set of messages, operating on the list, then removing the list and returning to the current folder from which the list was extracted. Using rmf to delete a read-only folder deletes the private sequence and current message information from the file, without affecting the folder itself. If you have sub-folders within a folder, you must delete all the sub-folders before you can delete the folder itself. PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's Mail directory EXAMPLES
This example shows how rmf asks for confirmation when the -interactive option is used: % rmf -interactive +test Remove folder "test"? y FILES
The user profile. SEE ALSO
rmm(1) rmf(1)