Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Sun Solaris 9 E250 -- Suggestions For External Hard Drives Post 302182929 by sparcguy on Monday 7th of April 2008 11:36:26 PM
Old 04-08-2008
E250 shud c/w non-differential wide scsi interface, can hookup an old sun multidisk pack or unidisk pack.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

automatic copying files from external hard drives

I need to make it possible to automatically copy files from an external usb hard drive to a directory when i plug it in....if you can point me in the right direction, i would be very grateful....thanks a lot. :confused: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: backman4sakn
0 Replies

2. Solaris

formating and repartitioning an external hard drives

Version: solaris 10 x86 I just got a western digital external harddrive formated with fat 32. this drive came with some setup files which is meant for windows or mac. I want to reformat and partition this drive into two ( for solaris and windows) such that the setup files will still be there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: seyiisq
2 Replies

3. Solaris

USB External Hard Drive for Solaris 10 Sparc

Hi- I would like to know if anyone has used any USB External Hard Drive, about 500/750GB or 1TB, with any of the Solaris 10 "SPARC" systems. Not on intel nor amd platform. I'm looking for the compatible drive and found a few listed on Sun solaris ready page, but I'd like to have inputs from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: agfa_109
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Boot Solaris off of an old external hard drive

Hi Folks, First a little background, I am working on a ship that operates in the Indian Ocean and Persian/Arabian gulf area. We had a Sunblade 2000 that finally died. The Video board burned up and I guess damaged the mother board. So we ordered 2 rebuilt 2000s one as a spare. Due to mounting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sean.kelly
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Adding new hard drives on Sun SPARC T5440 server with Solaris 10

I need to add two new hard drives of 300 GB capacity to a SunSPARC T5440 server. The server currently has two hard drives of 146 GB each. How do I add the new drives to the existing UFS? What are the procedures involved in setting this server with the new hard drives? I am very new to Solaris... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramatnmcc
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Sun Solaris Enterprise E250 x64 Help

Hi everybody, my name is Giulia and for me is the fist time in this forum, i hope write in the correct section for my problem. I have a sun solaris server e250 enterprise with sun 5 versionof O.S. Now i wont format all and install new version of solaris, but i don't know the actual corrent... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: giulia79
7 Replies

7. Solaris

Trying to boot Solaris without hard drives in T5220

I have three Sun Oracle Netra T5220s. I am trying to just get the processor information psrinfo or prtdiag -v from the # prompt in single user mode. I am needing to know the commands to get to boot the CD/DVD of the Solaris OS. I am using it via Serial Port Management. Tinkering around I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nerdboy
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 8 - Accessing Hard Drives

Hi, I have two SCSI Hard Drives in a Sun Solaris 8 server as shown below. I would like to access Disk1 and look at its contents, directory structure and files. How do I change my default directory from Disk 0 to Disk 1 and vice versa? Thank you. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssabet
5 Replies