Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl: Match a line with multiple search patterns Post 302182911 by danmero on Monday 7th of April 2008 08:31:13 PM
Old 04-07-2008
Code:
awk '/123/ && /abd/ && /QWERTY/{print}'  file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - How to search a text file with multiple patterns?

Good day, great gurus, I'm new to Perl, and programming in general. I'm trying to retrieve a column of data from my text file which spans a non-specific number of lines. So I did a regexp that will pick out the columns. However,my pattern would vary. I tried using a foreach loop unsuccessfully.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sp3ck
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

print lines which match multiple patterns

Hi, I have a text file as follows: 11:38:11.054 run1_rdseq avg_2-5 999988.0000 1024.0000 11:50:52.053 run3_rdrand 999988.0000 1135.0 128.0417 11:53:18.050 run4_wrrand avg_2-5 999988.0000 8180.5833 11:55:42.051 run4_wrrand avg_2-5 999988.0000 213.8333 11:55:06.053... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: annazpereira
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search multiple patterns in multiple files

Hi, I have to write one script that has to search a list of numbers in certain zipped files. For eg. one file file1.txt contains the numbers. File1.txt contains 5,00,000 numbers and I have to search each number in zipped files(The number of zipped files are around 1000 each file is 5 MB) I have... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsachan
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match multiple patterns in a file and then print their respective next line

Dear all, I need to search multiple patterns and then I need to print their respective next lines. For an example, in the below table, I will look for 3 different patterns : 1) # ATC_Codes: 2) # Generic_Name: 3) # Drug_Target_1_Gene_Name: #BEGIN_DRUGCARD DB00001 # AHFS_Codes:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshwaniSharma09
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

search multiple patterns

I have two lists in a file that look like a b b a e f c d f e d c I would like a final list a b c d e f I've tried multiple grep and awk but can't get it to work (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: godzilla07
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search Multiple patterns in unix

Hi, I tried to search multiple pattern using awk trans=1234 reason=LN MISMATCH rec=`awk '/$trans/ && /'"$reason"'/' file` whenevr i tried to run on command promt it is executing but when i tried to implment same logic in shell script,it is failing i.e $rec is empty ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ns64110
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search patterns in multiple logs parallelly.

Hi All, I am starting a service which will redirect its out put into 2 logs say A and B. Now for succesful startup of the service i need to search pattern1 in log A and pattern2 in log B which are writen continuosly. Now my requirement is to find the patterns in the increasing logs A and B... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Girish19
19 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match multiple patterns sequentially in order - grep or awk

Hello. grep v2.21 Debian 8 I wish to search for and output these patterns in order; "From " "To: " "Subject: " "Message-Id: " "Date: " "To: " grep works, but not in strict order... $ grep -a -E "^From |^Subject:|^From: |^Message-Id: |^Date: |^To: " InboxResult; From - Wed Feb 18... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: DSommers
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search Multiple patterns and display

Hi, I have scenario like below and need to search for multiple patterns Eg: Test Time Started= secs Time Ended = secc Green test Test Time Started= secs Time Ended = secc Green test Output: I need to display the text starting with Test and starting with Time... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: weknowd
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk pattern match by looping through search patterns

Hi I am using Solaris 5.10 & ksh Wanted to loop through a pattern file by reading it and passing it to the awk to match that value present in column 1 of rawdata.txt , if so print column 1 & 2 in to Avlblpatterns.txt. Using the following code but it seems some mistakes and it is running for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananan
2 Replies
orber_acl(3erl) 					     Erlang Module Definition						   orber_acl(3erl)

NAME
orber_acl - Orber ACL operations DESCRIPTION
This module contains functions intended for analyzing Access Control List (ACL) filters. The filters uses a extended format of Classless Inter Domain Routing (CIDR). For example, "123.123.123.10" limits the connection to that particular host, while "123.123.123.10/17" allows connections to or from any host equal to the 17 most significant bits. Orber also allow the user to specify a certain port or port range, for example, "123.123.123.10/17#4001" and "123.123.123.10/17#4001/5001" respectively. IPv4 or none compressed IPv6 strings are accepted. EXPORTS
match(IP, Direction) -> boolean() match(IP, Direction, GetInfo) -> Reply Types IP = tuple() | [integer()] Direction = tcp_in | ssl_in | tcp_out | ssl_out GetInfo = boolean() Reply = boolean() | {boolean(), [Interface], PortInfo} Interface = string() PortInfo = integer() | {integer(), integer()} If GetInfo is not supplied or set to false, this operation returns a boolean which tells if the IPv4 or IPv6 address would pass the ACL filter, defined by the iiop_acl configuration parameter, or not. When GetInfo is set to true, a tuple which, besides the boolean that tells if access was granted, also include the defined interfaces and port(s). This operation requires that Orber is running and can be used on a live node to determine if Orber has been properly configured. verify(IP, Filter, Family) -> Reply Types IP = string() Filter = string() Family = inet | inet6 Reply = true | {false, From, To} | {error, string()} From = string() To = string() This operation returns true if the IPv4 or IPv6 address would pass the supplied ACL. If that is not the case, a tuple containing the accepted range is returned. This operation should only be used for test purposes. range(Filter, Family) -> Reply Types Filter = string() Family = inet | inet6 Reply = {ok, From, To} | {error, string()} From = string() To = string() Returns the range of accepted IP addresses based on the supplied filter. This operation should only be used for test purposes. Ericsson AB orber 3.6.20 orber_acl(3erl)