Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: User Idle Time
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting User Idle Time Post 302182810 by era on Monday 7th of April 2008 01:44:11 PM
Old 04-07-2008
(Never mind, pointed out related thread but moderator closed the other thread so taking away my pointer there.)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Findout Idle Time Setting

Hi Guru's, How do I find and set the login idle time setting in HP-UX 32? Thanks in advance, Mani (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jvmani
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding idle time of a process

Matez, I have a list of process id's in a text file. I want to know how to find the idle time of a process which are more than 300secs and kill them accordingly. Could you please help me to get these details. I want to write a shell script with this. Thanks..Krish :) (36 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krrishv
36 Replies

3. HP-UX

vmstat displays cpu idle time at 100%

Since yesterday the vmstat command is displaying the cpu idle time at 100%At each time interval. It never changes. Not sure what it means other than it Quit calculating that stat. And I'm curious why. Using sar I can display a correctCpu idle percent, but vmstat does not. Any ideas why or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tfrye
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

To find idle time of a user

Hi All I need to find the idle time of a user... but my OS seems to be not supporting finger $ finger -sh: finger: command not found I need to find the idle time and perform some other operations... So is there any other way i can find the idle time of a user... $ uname -a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Whiteboard
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

how to fetch idle time

HP-UX B.11.23 ia64 Hi everyone, First of all I am new member to this forum. Thankyou all for this forum, it helped me many times. Coming to my question,I am writing a C program to find the log info of the users who are currently logged in(precisely what who -u do). I am able to get... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhiku matre
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

idle time again

I need to find the idle time on a machine in the manner: How long time ago somebody did the last action with mouse or keyboard? Unfortunately "w" doesn't do this. It produced the following output on a machine a user was actually working on with an application: 15# w 15:55:28 up 15 days, ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elbrand
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Mouse freezing after idle time

Hi All, I am having a problem where my mouse (USB) is freezing after some idle time, and I am having to reboot everytime that happens. I looked in the file /etc/X11/xorg.config to see if there is an entry for mouse and I could not find it. Instead I found the following entry: Section... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxh461
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write a scripts to kill idle user for 60 min. & email user list to admin in text file

Folks, I have written one script for following condition by referring some of online post in this forum. Please correct it if I'm missing something in it. (OS: AIX 5.3) List the idle user. (I used whoidle command to list first 15 user and get username, idle time, pid and login time).... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumit30
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

User idle time and kill

Hello.. I have many sleepy users on my Solaris box and need to kill them if they are idle for more than 45 minutes for example...I know who -u gives and the idle time but unable to make a awk line to get the condition perfect. Please help...:wall: (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: wimaxpole
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to get average idle time using mpstat

I want to get average idle time of the server using mpstat. The problem I am having is %idle is not in same columns in all the versions of linux. example 1: example 2: I tried below command as generalized solution but as Average as one less column output is not proper. I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumarjohn
1 Replies
PTHREAD_JOIN(3) 					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					   PTHREAD_JOIN(3)

NAME
pthread_join -- wait for thread termination LIBRARY
POSIX Threads Library (libpthread, -lpthread) SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> int pthread_join(pthread_t thread, void **value_ptr); DESCRIPTION
The pthread_join() function suspends execution of the calling thread until the target thread terminates unless the target thread has already terminated. On return from a successful pthread_join() call with a non-NULL value_ptr argument, the value passed to pthread_exit() by the terminating thread is stored in the location referenced by value_ptr. When a pthread_join() returns successfully, the target thread has been terminated. The results of multiple simultaneous calls to pthread_join() specifying the same target thread are undefined. If the thread calling pthread_join() is cancelled, then the target thread is not detached. A thread that has exited but remains unjoined counts against _POSIX_THREAD_THREADS_MAX. RETURN VALUES
If successful, the pthread_join() function will return zero. Otherwise an error number will be returned to indicate the error. ERRORS
pthread_join() shall fail if: [EINVAL] The value specified by thread does not refer to a joinable thread. [ESRCH] No thread could be found corresponding to that specified by the given thread ID, thread. pthread_join() may fail if: [EDEADLK] A deadlock was detected or the value of thread specifies the calling thread. SEE ALSO
wait(2), pthread_create(3) STANDARDS
The function conforms to IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX.1''). BSD
July 9, 2010 BSD