Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers multiplication shows syntax error Post 302182804 by vbe on Monday 7th of April 2008 01:34:41 PM
Old 04-07-2008
Since you have posted very lately a few, that give me the feeling its close to homework if not...
I will just show you that modifying just a little your script I end with:
Code:
ra:/home/vbe $ calcul   
enter a number1:
enter an operator:
enter a number2:
result is:
ra:/home/vbe $

Look at my previous post and think hard...

Last edited by Yogesh Sawant; 04-08-2008 at 05:58 AM.. Reason: added code tags

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk Shell Script error : "Syntax Error : `Split' unexpected

hi there i write one awk script file in shell programing the code is related to dd/mm/yy to month, day year format but i get an error please can anybody help me out in this problem ?????? i give my code here including error awk ` # date-month -- convert mm/dd/yy to month day,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Herry
2 Replies

2. AIX

nim mksysb error :/usr/bin/savevg[33]: 1016,07: syntax error

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello, help me please. I am trying to create a mksysb bakup using nim. I am geting this error, how to correct it ? : Command : failed stdout: yes stderr: no... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
9 Replies

3. Solaris

SFTP is successful but still shows timeout error

Hi, I am doing sftp from remote server1 to remote server2. This is done through a script. This script was working fine. But if i am tranfer files of 120 MB only some part of the file gets transferred (around 9 MB). Incase i put the same file manually it gets uploaded successfully. Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: subiksha
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error with "multiplication table" in shell script

#!/bin/sh echo Enter the multiplication number required: read number for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 do echo "$number * $i = expr $number \* $i" done I am not getting the output for this multiplication table. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinodpaw
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Receiving error: ./ang.ksh[35]: 0403-057 Syntax error at line 116 : `done' is not expected.

Hi All I am quite new to Unix. Following is a shell script that i have written and getting the subject mentioned error. #!/bin/ksh #------------------------------------------------------------------------- # File: ang_stdnld.ksh # # Desc: UNIX shell script to extract Store information.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitsinha
3 Replies

6. Hardware

Assistance required when booting M3000, error shows; * MBU_A Status:Degraded; Ver:0701h; Serial:

Here is the error showing in the XCSF, can anyone recommend further diagnosis for this specific error?; XSCF> showhardconf SPARC Enterprise M3000; + Serial:PX61142029; Operator_Panel_Switch:Locked; + Power_Supply_System:Single; SCF-ID:XSCF#0; + System_Power:On;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Touchpoint
4 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Mail notifications for sudo shows syntax error

Im Using Centos Version $ cat /etc/redhat-release CentOS release 6.4 (Final) I'm Using Sudo Version $ sudo -V Sudo version 1.8.6p3 Sudoers policy plugin version 1.8.6p3 Sudoers file grammar version 42 Sudoers I/O plugin version 1.8.6p3 tried to setup notification mail for sudo,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

IF section problem. syntax error: unexpected end of file error

Hello, I have another problem with my script. Please accept my apologies, but I am really nooby in sh scripts. I am writing it for first time. My script: returned=`tail -50 SapLogs.log | grep -i "Error"` echo $returned if ; then echo "There is no errors in the logs" fi And after... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jedzio
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to check and throw error for multiplication result

I need to multiply column1 and column3 data and need to compare it with column5. Need to check multiplication and Throw error if result is greater or less than column5 values, though difference of +/- 2 will be ok Ex - if column1 has 2.4 and column3 has 3.5, it will be ok if column5 have value... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: as7951
13 Replies
MIGRATEPAGES(8) 					   Linux Administrator's Manual 					   MIGRATEPAGES(8)

NAME
migratepages - Migrate the physical location a processes pages SYNOPSIS
migratepages pid from-nodes to-nodes DESCRIPTION
migratepages moves the physical location of a processes pages without any changes of the virtual address space of the process. Moving the pages allows one to change the distances of a process to its memory. Performance may be optimized by moving a processes pages to the node where it is executing. If multiple nodes are specified for from-nodes or to-nodes then an attempt is made to preserve the relative location of each page in each nodeset. For example if we move from nodes 2-5 to 7,9,12-13 then the preferred mode of operation is to move pages from 2->7, 3->9, 4->12 and 5->13. However, this is only posssible if enough memory is available. Valid node specifiers all All nodes number Node number number1{,number2} Node number1 and Node number2 number1-number2 Nodes from number1 to number2 ! nodes Invert selection of the following specification. NOTES
Requires an NUMA policy aware kernel with support for page migration (linux 2.6.16 and later). migratepages will only move pages that are not shared with other processes if called by a user without administrative priviledges (but with the right to modify the process). migratepages will move all pages if invoked from root (or a user with administrative priviledges). FILES
/proc/<pid>/numa_maps for information about the NUMA memory use of a process. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2005-2006 Christoph Lameter, Silicon Graphics, Inc. migratepages is under the GNU General Public License, v.2 SEE ALSO
numactl(8) , set_mempolicy(2) , get_mempolicy(2) , mbind(2) , sched_setaffinity(2) , sched_getaffinity(2) , proc(5) , ftok(3) , shmat(2) , taskset(1) SGI
Jan 2005 MIGRATEPAGES(8)