Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Removing " " chars using Awk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Removing " " chars using Awk Post 302182729 by vijaya2006 on Monday 7th of April 2008 12:13:14 PM
Old 04-07-2008
Hi Franklin52...Thanks ....It worked..This is what i wanted Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing the "\" and "\n" character using sed or tr

Hi All, I'm trying to write a ksh script to parse a file. When the "\" character is encountered, it should be removed and the next line should be concatenated with the current line. For example... this is a test line #1\ should be concatenated with line #2\ and line number 3 when this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_coder
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to replace special chars like " ' " (Apostrophe)

I'm goin to drive crazy soon, if i can not do this. I have a text file (570kb) and i have to replace the apostrophe " ' " and minus "-" with space " ". i have done it for minus: sed 's/-/ /g' aaa.txt >zzz.txt this replaced minus with space. but i can not use the same command for ' . ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: onculo
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help for saving vertical datas to horizontal with "awk" or "cut"

hi, i have a file having datas like that ./a.txt 12344 12345 12346 12347 ..... ..... ... i want to save this datas to another file like that ./b.txt 12344 12345 12346 12347 ... ... ... i think awk can make this but how? :) waiting for ur help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mercury
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat $como_file | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g'

hi All, cat file_name | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g' Can this be done by using sed or awk alone (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harshakusam
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simplify Bash Script Using "sed" Or "awk"

Input file: 2 aux003.net3.com error12 6 awn0117.net1.com error13 84 aux008 error14 29 aux001.ha.ux.isd.com error12 209 aux002.vm.ux.isd.com error34 21 alx0027.vm.net2.com error12 227 dux001.net5.com error123 22 us008.dot.net2.com error121 13 us009.net2.com error129Expected Output: 2... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sQew
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to remove a string

logs: "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to get the following result: abc abc xyz xyz xyz (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing "^M" from the end of a String (i.e. "Ctrl+M")?

Hello All, I have an Expect script that ssh's to a remote server and runs some commands before exiting. One of the commands I run is the "hostname" Command. After I run this command I save the output using this line in the code below... Basically it executes the hostname command, then I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
XkbNoteIndicatorChanges(3)					   XKB FUNCTIONS					XkbNoteIndicatorChanges(3)

NAME
XkbNoteIndicatorChanges - Notes the changes in a changes structure SYNOPSIS
void XkbNoteIndicatorChanges (XkbIndicatorChangesPtr old, XkbIndicatorNotifyEvent *new, unsigned int wanted); ARGUMENTS
- old XkbIndicatorChanges structure to be updated - new event from which changes are to be copied - wanted which changes are to be noted DESCRIPTION
Whenever an indicator changes state, the server sends XkbIndicatorStateNotify events to all interested clients. Similarly, whenever an indicator's map changes, the server sends XkbIndicatorMapNotify events to all interested clients. To receive XkbIndicatorStateNotify events, use XkbSelectEvents with both the bits_to_change and values_for_bits parameters containing XkbIndicatorStateNotifyMask. To receive XkbIndicatorMapNotify events, use XkbSelectEvents with XkbIndicatorMapNotifyMask. To receive events for only specific indicators, use XkbSelectEventDetails. Set the event_type parameter to XkbIndicatorStateNotify or XkbIndicatorMapNotify, and set both the bits_to_change and values_for_bits detail parameters to a mask where each bit specifies one indica- tor, turning on those bits that specify the indicators for which you want to receive events. The changed parameter is a mask that is the bitwise inclusive OR of the indicators that have changed. If the event is of type XkbIndica- torMapNotify, changed reports the maps that changed. If the event is of type XkbIndicatorStateNotify, changed reports the indicators that have changed state. state is a mask that specifies the current state of all indicators, whether they have changed or not, for both XkbIndicatorStateNotify and IndicatorMapNotify events. When your client application receives either a XkbIndicatorStateNotify event or XkbIndicatorMapNotify event, you can note the changes in a changes structure by calling XkbNoteIndicatorChanges. The wanted parameter is the bitwise inclusive OR of XkbIndicatorMapMask and XkbIndicatorStateMask. XkbNoteIndicatorChanges copies any changes reported in new and specified in wanted into the changes record specified by old. STRUCTURES
Both types of indicator events use the same structure: typedef struct _XkbIndicatorNotify { int type; /* Xkb extension base event code */ unsigned long serial; /* X server serial number for event */ Bool send_event; /* True => synthetically generated */ Display * display; /* server connection where event generated */ Time time; /* server time when event generated */ int xkb_type; /* specifies state or map notify */ int device; /* Xkb device ID, will not be XkbUseCoreKbd */ unsigned int changed; /* mask of indicators with new state or map */ unsigned int state; /* current state of all indicators */ } XkbIndicatorNotifyEvent; xkb_type is either XkbIndicatorStateNotify or XkbIndicatorMapNotify, depending on whether the event is a kbIndicatorStateNotify event or kbIndicatorMapNotify event. SEE ALSO
XkbIndicatorMapMask(3), XkbIndicatorStateMask(3), XkbSelectEventDetails(3), XkbSelectEvents(3) X Version 11 libX11 1.5.0 XkbNoteIndicatorChanges(3)