Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux troublesooting commands/files Post 302182713 by era on Monday 7th of April 2008 11:34:07 AM
Old 04-07-2008
And ifconfig -a to see what network cards you have on which IP addresses in the first place. Perhaps route can help you figure out what connections use which routes.

System logging depends a lot on the platform, if dmesg is uninformative then messages.log or syslog.log might be worth looking at, as well as other files in /var/log (or wherever you have the logs). /etc/syslog.conf or some approximation will tell you how logging is set up but again, this is somewhat system-dependent; there are different syslog daemons and different conventions for how they are usually configured.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

list files commands

hi all scripting gurus, need some guide and advise from you. i'm trying to list all the files in the year 2004 and the file format is something like this: 11176MZ00004JV900004JVB00004JVCcDBU20041206.txt try to use the symbol ^ but somehow it does not help. i try this as well: ls -ltr |... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: lweegp
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Do mv and cp commands lock files in different ways

We have two processes, one which copies a control file into a folder and another which is polling this folder and reading the control files. Sometimes they clash and the reader fails because the copy is still happening. We have been told that we should change the copy to a move because the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sbarnes
1 Replies

3. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Given commands were created as 0 byte files

I were checking few processes running and check what at the files currently I have in my home directory by giving below commands $ ps -ef|grep sleep $ ls -lt | pg after awhile the first column of my commands were created as files given below... -rw-rw-rw- 1 prd 0 Mar 25 09:42 ls... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dateez
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk commands on files

I want to create an awk script that performs different things on different files. For example, for files with extension .ry I might do something, but for .xt I do something else, and another things on .zc files. How can I do this in one awk script? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix commands related to ftp of files..

Hi, I am new to unix , I was planning to write a script that will FTP files to destination folder. , Please guide me what are the various networking commands that unix will help in this ftp process..?:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahul125
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to test commands in files?

Hi. I'm new here, and I'm trying to enter this big world of unix. I would like to know how can I install a SSH server for free so I can teste some things, like make a file, change files, rename and things like this? If is there any easy way to test all commands it would be interesting too. ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: whity
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using array commands in 2 files in the same time

Hi bodies. You think is it possible to make arrays from 2 different files in a same time and then for example compare the values in these 2 arrays or any other instruction for example, I have: 38558 29 31 38557 28 31 38556 23 31 38555 08 31 38554 08 28 38553 21... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Behrouzx77
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files and execute commands on these files (advanced)

So, I need to find a bunch of files and delete them (this example, but sometimes I need it for something else) and my trusty go-to command has always been: find . -type f -name '*file*' | xargs -I## rm '##' Works wonders... But: touch file\ file\'.txt touch file.txt touch file\ file.txt... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.Glaurung
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to put variables commands in config files?

Hi All, Seeking for your assistance on how to put in variables all the commands in /bin config files: /home/test/config_file/config.cfg cat /home/test/config_file/config.cfg ECHO=/bin/echo LS=/bin/lsMain script cat test.sh source=/home/test/config_file/config.cfg ECHO=$ECHO LS=$LS#i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: znesotomayor
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Script /commands to get all the files count

Hello All, I would need to write a shell script to find the files generation count for the given day and the folder.Presently I am using (ls -ltr *filename* | grep "Feb 19" | wc -l ) from each folder and getting the counts.I would like to create a script which will get the counts under the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravish383
3 Replies
CLUSTER.CONF(5)                                                       cluster                                                      CLUSTER.CONF(5)

NAME
cluster.conf - configuration file for cman and related daemons SYNOPSIS
/etc/cluster/cluster.conf DESCRIPTION
When cman_tool(8) starts the corosync(8) daemon, the cluster.conf data is read into the corosync in-memory database (confdb). The configu- ration is used by corosync, cman and other related cluster daemons and programs. When cman configures corosync with cluster.conf, the corosync.conf(5) file is not used. A basic cluster configuration is described below. Configuration options for other daemons/programs are described in their own man pages. ccs_tool(8) can be used to do some basic cluster.conf editing. The cluster.rng schema is used to validate cluster.conf. Unrecognized items will produce a warning during cluster startup, and invalid xml structure will cause the cluster startup to fail. See ccs_config_validate(8) and ccs_config_dump(8). Cluster The top level cluster section contains all other sections and has two required attributes: name The name of the cluster can be up to 15 characters long (16 including terminating null). It is important that this name be unique among clusters on the same network. config_version The config_version specifies the revision level of the file and should be increased each time the file is updated. <cluster name="alpha" config_version="1"> </cluster> Cluster Nodes The set of nodes that make up the cluster are defined in the clusternodes section which contains multiple clusternode sections. A clus- ternode has two required attributes: name The node name should correspond to the hostname on the network interface to be used for cluster communication. nodeid The node id must be greater than zero and unique. <cluster name="alpha" config_version="1"> <clusternodes> <clusternode name="node-01" nodeid="1"> </clusternode> <clusternode name="node-02" nodeid="2"> </clusternode> <clusternode name="node-03" nodeid="3"> </clusternode> </clusternodes> </cluster> Logging Cluster daemons use a common logging section to configure their loggging behavior. <cluster name="alpha" config_version="1"> <logging/> </cluster> Global settings apply to all: <logging debug="on"/> Per-daemon logging_daemon subsections override the global settings. Daemon names that can be configured include: corosync, qdiskd, groupd, fenced, dlm_controld, gfs_controld, rgmanager. <logging> <logging_daemon name="qdiskd" debug="on"/> <logging_daemon name="fenced" debug="on"/> </logging> Corosync daemon settings apply to all corosync subsystems by default, but subsystems can also be configured individually. These include CLM, CPG, MAIN, SERV, CMAN, TOTEM, QUORUM, CONFDB, CKPT, EVT. <logging> <logging_daemon name="corosync" subsys="QUORUM" debug="on"/> <logging_daemon name="corosync" subsys="CONFDB" debug="on"/> </logging> The attributes available at global, daemon and subsystem levels are: to_syslog enable/disable messages to syslog (yes/no), default "yes" to_logfile enable/disable messages to log file (yes/no), default "yes" syslog_facility facility used for syslog messages, default "daemon" syslog_priority messages at this level and up will be sent to syslog, default "info" logfile_priority messages at this level and up will be written to log file, default "info" logfile the log file name, default /var/log/cluster/<daemon>.log debug="on" a shortcut for logfile_priority="debug" EXAMPLE
An explicit configuration for the default settings would be: <logging to_syslog="yes" to_logfile="yes" syslog_facility="daemon" syslog_priority="info" logfile_priority="info"> <logging_daemon name="qdiskd" logfile="/var/log/cluster/qdiskd.log"/> <logging_daemon name="fenced" logfile="/var/log/cluster/fenced.log"/> <logging_daemon name="dlm_controld" logfile="/var/log/cluster/dlm_controld.log"/> <logging_daemon name="gfs_controld" logfile="/var/log/cluster/gfs_controld.log"/> <logging_daemon name="rgmanager" logfile="/var/log/cluster/rgmanager.log"/> <logging_daemon name="corosync" logfile="/var/log/cluster/corosync.log"/> </logging> To include debug messages (and above) from all daemons in their default log files, either of the following which are equivalent: <logging debug="on"/> <logging logfile_priority="debug"/> To exclude all log messages from syslog: <logging to_syslog="no"/> To disable logging to all log files: <logging to_file="no"/> To include debug messages (and above) from all daemons in syslog: <logging syslog_priority="debug"/> To limit syslog messages to error (and above), keeping info (and above) in log files (this logfile_priority setting is the default so could be omitted): <logging syslog_priority="error" logfile_priority="info"/> FILES
/etc/cluster/cluster.conf standard location of cluster configuration file /usr/share/cluster/cluster.rng standard location of cluster.conf schema SEE ALSO
ccs_tool(8), ccs_config_dump(8), ccs_config_validate(8), cman_tool(8), cman(5), qdisk(5), fenced(8), fence_node(8), dlm_controld(8), gfs_controld(8), rgmanager(8) cluster 2010-01-12 CLUSTER.CONF(5)