Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed replacement, challenge one!!!! Post 302182702 by V3l0 on Monday 7th of April 2008 11:14:31 AM
Old 04-07-2008
NICE !!! SmilieSmilie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chella
Hi,

How about the below one,

Code:
sed 's/TT/#T#T/g;s/BB/#B#B/g;/#/!s/TB.*TB/T/g;/#/!s/TB/T/g;s/#//g' inp.txt

does it help?

Regards,
Chella

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacement using sed

Hi I have the following file that i need to run a sed command on 1<tab>running 2<tab>running 3<tab>running 4<tab>running I want to be able to replace a line i.e the second one with '2<tab>failed'. As the first number is unique that can be used to search for the relevant line (using ^2 i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: handak9
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A challenge for you sed/awk wizards...

Here's a challenge for you wizards... I have a file formatted as follows; $ What I need to output is; 87654321 Bobby One 12345678 Bobby One 09876543 Bobby One 1107338 Bobby! Two Any Ideas how I can do this? I've tried sed but I'm not sure if perl might be a better way to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: th3g0bl1n
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Replacement for sed

Hi Can anyone provide me the replacement of sed with xargs perl syntax for the below sed -e :a -e '/;$/!N;s/\n//; ta' -e 's/;$//' This should be without looping has to take minimal time for search (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbsurf
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed xml challenge

I have a web xml file that looks like this: <allinfo> <info> <a>Name1<\a> <b>address1<\b> <c>phone1<c> <\info> <info> <a>Name2<\a> <b>address2<\b> <c>phone2<c> <\info> <\allinfo> I want to use sed to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: katrvu
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sed replacement

This seems like it should be an easy problem, but I'm a noob and I can't figure it out. I'm trying to use sed, but would be happy to use anything that does the job. I am trying to trim off a fixed number of unknown characters from 2 different : delimited fields while keeping the intervening... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: helix_w
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacement with sed

I am trying to replace the line which has string "tablespace" not case senstive.... with below simple script: mysrcipt.sh sed "s/.*/TABLESPACE USERS/g" create_table > tmp mv tmp create_table Is there any better way to do it? If Search string tooooooo long it will be tough to code in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganeshd
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED replacement

Hi, i have a file with lines, file.txt ------- test is fun testing is better I need to replace 'test' to 'develop' and i used, a=test b=develop sed "s,$a,$b,g" -------- but i see the word 'testing' is also replaced. Need some solution. Is there any way i could replace only 'test' ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: giri_luck
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED replacement of placeholders

Hi All, I am facing a problem while using SED in Linux. I have a property file which contains a string local.mds.dir=${basedir}/deployCompositesIt has be to replaced with another string, and value of that string should be initialized at runtime. So I use placeholder there. My substituted... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskar_m
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Interesting awk/Perl/sed parsing challenge

I have a log with entries like: out/target/product/imx53_smd/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libwebcore_intermediates/Source/WebCore/bindings/V8HTMLVideoElement.cpp : target thumb C++: libwebcore <=... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed replacement inplace

I need to make permanent changes in the file after find and replace using sed. for this i am using sed -i However this is not working. says sed: illegal option -- i I am working on Sun Solaris uname -a SunOS aspsun14 5.10 Generic_150400-13 sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise any other work... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gotamp
3 Replies
RPL(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    RPL(1)

NAME
rpl -- replace strings in files SYNOPSIS
rpl [-LhiwbqvsRepfdt] [-xSUFFIX] <old_string> <new_string> <target_file ...> DESCRIPTION
Basic usage is to specify two strings and one or more filenames or directories on the command line. The first string is the string to replace, and the second string is the replacement string. -h, --help A short help text. -L, --license Show the license and exit. -xSUFFIX Search only files ending with SUFFIX, e.g. ``.txt''. May be specified multiple times. -i, --ignore-case Ignore the case of old_string. -w, --whole-words Make old_string match only on word boundaries. -b, --backup Move the original files to filename~ before replacing them. -q, --quiet Quiet mode. -v, --verbose Verbose mode. -s, --dry-run Simulation mode, no files are changed. -R, --recursive Recurse into subdirectories. -e, --escape Expand escape sequences in old_string and new_string. Examples of escape sequences are ' ' (new-line), ' ' (tab), 'x42' (hexadec- imal number 42), '33' (octal number 033). -p, --prompt Prompt for confirmation before replacing each file. -f, --force Ignore errors when trying to restore permissions and file ownership. -d, --keep-times Keep modification times when replacing files. -t, --use-tmpdir Use a temporary directory for storing temporary files, usually the value of the environment variable TMPDIR. The default is to put temporary files in the same directory as the file being modified. -a, --all Do not ignore files and directories starting with . IMPLEMENTATION NOTES
An effort has been made to make the program behave as much as the original rpl as necessary. Where it has been possible to make improve- ments, improvements have been made. This implementation lacks many of the bugs in the original. EXAMPLES
Replace all occurences of ``F'' (on word boundaries) with ``A'' in all text files under the grades/ directory: $ rpl -Rwd -x'.txt' 'F' 'A' grades/ SEE ALSO
find(1), sed(1). HISTORY
This program was written for Debian as a free replacement for the non-free rpl program by Joe Laffey. AUTHORS
Goran Weinholt <weinholt@debian.org>. Debian July 31, 2005 Debian