Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Stuck on a matching, copying type problem Post 302182683 by ag79 on Monday 7th of April 2008 10:05:42 AM
Old 04-07-2008
i see that at any point of time, you'll be handling two files. since you're familiar with awk, the following may work for you, even though I agree perl might be a better tool for the job.

for FILE_1 in file_b file_c
do

#Read file_a line by line
while read file1line
do
#Extract the column from file_b or file_c that you want to compare to in file a
coltocompare_bc=`awk blah blah`

#Here, get the column from file a
coltocompare_a=`awk blah blah`

#Here compare coltocompare_bc and coltocompare_a and do what you like.
echo "Maybe this will work, maybe not"

done < FILE_1

done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying all files of type "pdf"

Hi, Within a shell script I'm trying to copy all the files in a directory structure to another folder but only the files of type "pdf" I have made a start but I can't work out how to finish it. find $ATEBUILD/doc/user -name "*.pdf" | xargs cp THEN WHAT? I hope this makes sense! Rob (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: milage
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with variable type

Dear All, I am trying to write an script to calculate geometric centre of selected residues of a protein structure. Say I have a PDB file (a text containing the x, y, and z coordinates of atoms of a protein). I want to extract the X coordinates of the atoms belonging to the interested residues... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siavoush
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

terminal type problem with cygwin on aix

hey, I use cygwin to connect to AIX 5.2 but when I open vi I get an error saying: ex: 0602-108 cygwin is not a recognized terminal type how can I fix that? I thought cygwin was tty vt100? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rein
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem in copying files!!

I have requirement of one directory in /tmp area on Sun server. The area contains following files : brdcems# /tmp/.tivoli >>ls -lt total 0 srwxrwxrwx 1 root other 0 Nov 16 13:41 a9c30c14-80bf256e-94 srwxrwxrwx 1 root other 0 Nov 12 12:28 a9c30cc8-80bf256e-94 I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk
4 Replies

5. SCO

Sco 6 copying problem

We are using GTAR for daily copies of our database using Travan cartridges (Tapestor drive)and are having intermittent problems. Some days it does not copy and we can't figure out why. Sometimes it seems to be hanging and a tape status command doesn't return anything. Other times it doesn't copy... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yrr88
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Stuck with a simple find problem

Hi, Need some simple find help. I need to search for all .so files within sol directory. My directory tree has mix of directories and i want to search only inside sol directory. I could get this done combining find with for, any option to do this with find alone. for a in `find .... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find problem listing directories even -type f

Hi All, #!/bin/ksh find /home/other -ls -type f -xdev | sort -nrk7 | head -2 >bigfile.txt The above is my script, which writes the large file into a file called bigfile.txt. My script contains only the above two lines. after execution i am getting the output like find: cannot chdir to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with type-casting in awk

Hi I'm trying to write a script which takes an integer as input and checks for files with size > input and displays it on screen. The code I've tried : echo 'Enter the min file size expected' read filesize du -ah <folder name> | awk -F: '$1>int(filesize) {print $1,$2)' is always... (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek.bharadwaj
28 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

korn shell display lenght problem!!! i got stuck on this

Using the KSH, write a shell script called display_by_length, which takes an absolute pathname to a directory and displays all ordinary files in the directory ordered by their length; for each file listed, display the name of the file and its length - nothing else. Extend this script to take an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: babuda0059
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Type casting problem

hi guys, i m new to shell script.. i dont know how to type cast string into integers and i mention my problem below.. date="21091988" month=$((${date:2:2})) # extract the month from previous date variable temp=$(($month*23)) when i am trying to calculate the temp value i got the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: raadhaakrishnan
5 Replies
CSS::DOM::Rule(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       CSS::DOM::Rule(3pm)

NAME
CSS::DOM::Rule - CSS rule class for CSS::DOM VERSION
Version 0.14 SYNOPSIS
use CSS::DOM::Rule ':all'; # import constants use CSS::DOM; $sheet = new CSS::DOM; $sheet->insertRule('bla blah blah {}'); $rule = $sheet->cssRules->[0]; $rule->type; # STYLE_RULE $rule->cssText; # 'bla blah blah {}' or similar $rule->cssText('p { margin: 0 }'); # replace it $rule->parentStyleSheet; # $sheet DESCRIPTION
This module provides the CSS rule class for CSS::DOM. It implements the CSSRule and CSSUnknownRule DOM interfaces. METHODS
Constructor Only call the constructor on this class to create an 'unknown' rule. You have to call the constructor on a particular subclass to get another type. Normally you do not need to call this directly anyway. (See CSS::DOM's "parse" and "insertRule" methods.) But just in case you do want to call it, here it is: new CSS::DOM::Rule $parent; # unknown rule require CSS::DOM::Rule::Style new CSS::DOM::Rule::Style $parent; # etc. $parent is the parent rule, if the rule is nested, or the parent style sheet otherwise. Object Methods type Returns one of the constants below indicating the type of rule. cssText Returns this rule's CSS code. If you pass an argument, it will be parsed as the new CSS code for this rule (replacing the existing data), and the old value will be returned. This method will die if the replacement CSS code creates a different type of rule. parentStyleSheet This returns the style sheet to which the rule belongs. parentRule This returns the rule's parent rule, if there is one, or an empty list otherwise. There is only a parent rule if this one is nested, e.g., inside a media rule. EXPORTS
The following constants that indicate the type of rule will be exported on request (individually or with the ':all' tag): UNKNOWN_RULE STYLE_RULE CHARSET_RULE IMPORT_RULE MEDIA_RULE FONT_FACE_RULE PAGE_RULE SEE ALSO
CSS::DOM CSS::DOM::Rule::Style CSS::DOM::Rule::Media CSS::DOM::Rule::Page CSS::DOM::Rule::Import perl v5.10.1 2010-12-10 CSS::DOM::Rule(3pm)