Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How search,edit and save the file Post 302182659 by Vichu on Monday 7th of April 2008 08:20:32 AM
Old 04-07-2008
If you don't mind How to search in our forum?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Edit a file and save the changes

I have an xml file that gets created as a part of daily build. I have to modify some lines in this file, uncomment some lines, comment some line, add 2 new lines in the file every time. Is there an easier automated way to do this using perl, bash, or sh. I would appreciate it if someone can point... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saurabh1982
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search for & edit rows & columns in data file and pipe

Dear unix gurus, I have a data file with header information about a subject and also 3 columns of n rows of data on various items he owns. The data file looks something like this: adam peter blah blah blah blah blah blah car 01 30 200 02 31 400 03 57 121 .. .. .. .. .. .. n y... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tintin72
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a string in a line and save it in a variable

Hi I want to read a file line by line and search for a particular string in each line(say for example string containing @ )and save that string into a variable. Can someone suggest me the way to implement it.I am using K- shell Thanks Ishita (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ishita
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

search and edit in the same file using awk

Hi, I am having a user.txt contains the name of users and passwd.txt file contains as passwd.txt $cat usr.txt root bin daemon cap $cat passwd.txt root:x:0:0:root:/root:/usr/bin/ksh bin:x:1:1:bin:/bin:/sbin/csh daemon:x:2:2:daemon:/sbin:/usr/bin/ksh adm:x:3:4:adm:/var/adm:/sbin/nologin... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manabhanjan
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using cURL to save online search results

Hi, I'm attacking this from ignorance because I am not sure how to even ask the question. Here is the mission: I have a list of about 4,000 telephone numbers for past customers. I need to determine how many of these customers are still in business. Obviously, I could call all the numbers.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jccbin
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

what is the switch to let sed edit and save file

I remember there is a sed switch i can use to edit and save the file at the same time, but i cannot recall it at all. so instead of -> sed 's/A/B/' file > file-tmp -> mv file-tmp file what can i do to just let sed edit and save the "file" (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fedora
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern search and save it as .txt file with some name..

Hello, I have a note pad at /usr/abc location with the following content, since it is a huge file i need to split it into multiple .txt files. A123|akdhj |21kjsdff |b212b1b21 |0 A123asdasd |assdd |asdasdsdqw|6 A123|QEWQ |NMTGHJK |zxczxczx|3 A123|GEGBGH |RTYBN ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: j_panky
15 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot save edit on cron on Solaris 10

Hi Everyone, I have edited my cron using 'crontab -e'. When I try to save the changes using ':wq!' The file closes but the changes are not saved. I get the following messages: "/tmp/crontabJFainH" 45 lines, 2996 characters trail.log crontab: error on previous line; unexpected character found... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scarlet
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - add/edit to file and save - sed?

I'm working on a script to execute a number of items. One being, editing particular files to add certain lines. I'm attempting to utilize sed, but, having issues when running from a bash script. Assistance is greatly appreciated. My example: sed -i '14 i\ # add these lines add these lines to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nvizn
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Seen Windows pc, having all the features of Linux, could exe, read and edit save like windows

Hi, totally new to linux base using windows when started learning and using computers. but i remember that one pc was there , look alike windows desktop, but could not do the task as windows just click and open and view edit etc. But, you could do a little differently even saving in and opening... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jraju
8 Replies
saslfinger(1)						      General Commands Manual						     saslfinger(1)

NAME
saslfinger - A utility to collect SMTP AUTH relevant configuration for Postfix SYNOPSIS
saslfinger [-chs] DESCRIPTION
saslfinger is a utility to collect SMTP AUTH relevant configuration for Postfix. Depending on how you run it, it will search for informa- tion on server-side or client-side SMTP AUTH configuration settings in Postfix and Cyrus SASL. OPTIONS
-c If you run saslfinger with the option -c it will collect data required for client-side SMTP AUTH. Client-side SMTP AUTH is when Postfix smtp daemon uses SMTP AUTH to authenticate itself with a remote mail server that offers SMTP AUTH. saslfinger will try to telnet to all hosts listed in smtp_sasl_password_maps, if it may read smtp_sasl_password_maps The telnet test verifies your host is able to reach the remote servers and shows what AUTH mechanisms they offer - in some cases this is required to debug client-side SMTP AUTH. Important: By default smtp_sasl_password_maps must be read-only to root, since these maps contain the usernames and passwords to authenticate. If you run saslfinger as root access will be no problem, but saslfinger will fail if you lack the permissions to access smtp_sasl_password_maps. If you want to run the telnet test, but don't want to run saslfinger as root change permissions of smtp_sasl_password_maps so that the user running saslfinger may access smtp_sasl_password_maps while you debug. *note: You don't need to worry about saslfinger doing anything with the username or password stored next to the remote hosts in your smtp_sasl_password_maps; saslfinger completely ignores these informations! -h If you run saslfinger with the option -h it will print a little help message that tells you about the options you can use. -s If you run saslfinger with the option -s it will collect data required for server-side SMTP AUTH. Server-side SMTP AUTH is when Postfix smtpd daemon offers SMTP AUTH to mail clients. FILES
saslfinger - the script you need to run. saslfinger.1 - the man page you are currently reading. AUTHOR
Patrick Koetter, <patrick.koetter@state-of-mind.de>, http://www.state-of-mind.de You will find the newest version of saslfinger at http://postfix.state-of-mind.de/patrick.koetter/saslfinger/. BUGS
Please report bugs to <patrick.koetter@state-of-mind.de> Manuals User saslfinger(1)